Search This thread

kemonine96

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
The XBMCANDROID.com Team Presents...

STABLE RELEASE OF THE XAF CUSTOM BUILD OF XBMC FOR ANDROID

xbmc_android.jpg

This release is basically the first stable end user friendly version of XBMC for Android that should work great on pretty much any Android powered device. Since XBMC still doesn't support hardware accelerated video decoding on most devices, support for an external video player is included in this release, that way you'll still be able to enjoy a flawless XBMC experience since the external video player itself does support hardware accelerated video decoding.

You'll also find that a bunch of customizations have been made in order to make the whole XBMC experience more enjoyable for the end user, some user experience and some functionality related.

Hopefully this will change the public perception of XBMC just being a media player, and most people will realize that it's much more: a media platform that interfaces with online streaming video content, bringing online streaming technology directly to your favourite devices in an easy to navigate VOD system with endless possibilities.

Installation

Step 1: From within your Android device's built-in web browser, click on the device specific link below to install MX Player Free:

Step 2: Launch and exit the MX Player Free application at least once before continuing.

Step 3: Install the appropriate version of the XAF Custom Build to your device by clicking on one of the following links from within your Android device's built-in web browser:

Special Thanks goes out to kemonine96, staticaDK, DroidFuse, mikkle, phat, PoorCollegeGuy, Android_Adict, GSH, jas0npc, lavero.burgos, Eldorado, bstrdsmkr, mash2K3 and the XBMC Foundation for all their hard work and dedication!

Code:
Release Notes:

- Milestone Release

Code:
Bundled XBMC Addons:

- NuskuNetworks Addon Repo
- XBMCHUB Addon Repo
- 1Channel
- Project Free TV
- Icefilms
- Mash Up
- TV-release
- AwsomeDL
- Watch-Freeseries
- Baltimore Ravens
- Discovery Channel
- XBMCHUB...Maintenance
- YouTube
- XBMC Log Uploader

Code:
Supported External Players (just change setting in playercorefactory.xml file):

- MX Player Free (default, except for SOX and SAMBA streams)
- MX Player Pro
- TPlayer
- DicePlayer
- RockPlayer
- RockPlayer2
- BSPlayer Free
- Moboplayer
- mVideoPlayer
- vPlayer
- Wondershare Player
- Archos Video Player

Code:
Changelog:

2013-05-04
- Stable Release (Based on XBMC 12.1 Vanilla)

2013-01-17
- Initial Testing Release

Enjoy! Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter today!

PS: Check our main site for some of the many Android TV devices on the market such as the Jynxbox Android Mini and other very affordable hardware options!

Last edited:

realizerecognize

Nov 19, 2012
Re: [APP][2.3+][RELEASE] The First End User Friendly Version of XBMC for Android

What is this exactly? Watch TV and movies from my phone?

That's what I got from the video

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

This is the XBMC for Android but, basically, instead of use the internal video player, it uses an external app (such as MX Player) to play videos, etc, also has lots of features.

It's working really good on my GTab 7+, thanks! I hope you can fix the samba issue, I would love to stream the library from my HTPC.

Last edited:

icu64

Nov 7, 2012
This is the XBMC for Android but, basically, instead of use the internal video player, it uses an external app (such as MX Player) to play videos, etc, also has lots of features.

It's working really good on my GTab 7+, thanks!

ill this apk work on an arm v6 phone?

zman0900

Jan 20, 2010
Columbus, OH
So is it only MX Player Free that doesn't support samba streams, or is it all external players? I basically only use xbmc for samba streams on my local network since all my media is on my FreeNas. I use nfs to conect with computers and my htpc, but I couldn't figure out how to do nas with android xbmc. If samba is broken for everything, would it work over nas, if that's even an option? I'm running the rc from xbmc.org right now so just trying to decide if its worth installing this one instead since it will be a pain since I assume this uses different signing keys. Anyways, keep up the great work xbmc guys. Being able to run xbmc on all the things is awesome!

mdalacu

Dec 13, 2006
Bucharest
dmsimpleapps.blogspot.ro
For smb to work with mx player, XBMC should present the file as a http stream, which it does not. So smb whith external player does not work.
You better check xbmc builds with libstagefright enabled. This is the way to go.
As a workaround of you have root then mount the shares on local folders using cifs manager, then the build from this thread should work.

ice0901

Oct 19, 2009
Re: [APP][2.3+][RELEASE] The First End User Friendly Version of XBMC for Android

Great app works on Galaxy Tab 7.7

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
Ok soo... Not a noob or anything but I've only recently seen the terms "neon" and "non-neon". WTH is that?

c/p from wikipedia ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture#Other_features

Advanced SIMD (NEON)
The Advanced SIMD extension (aka NEON or "MPE" Media Processing Engine) is a combined 64- and 128-bit single instruction multiple data (SIMD) instruction set that provides standardised acceleration for media and signal processing applications. NEON is included in all Cortex-A8 devices but is optional in Cortex-A9 devices.[36] NEON can execute MP3 audio decoding on CPUs running at 10 MHz and can run the GSM adaptive multi-rate (AMR) speech codec at no more than 13 MHz. It features a comprehensive instruction set, separate register files and independent execution hardware.[37] NEON supports 8-, 16-, 32- and 64-bit integer and single-precision (32-bit) floating-point data and SIMD operations for handling audio and video processing as well as graphics and gaming processing. In NEON, the SIMD supports up to 16 operations at the same time. The NEON hardware shares the same floating-point registers as used in VFP. Devices such as the ARM Cortex-A8 and Cortex-A9 support 128-bit vectors but will execute with 64 bits at a time,[35] whereas newer Cortex-A15 devices can execute 128 bits at a time.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

here's a logcat from my crash ;)

http://pastie.org/5718669

Reactions: jpmi23

djuniah

Jul 10, 2010
Philadelphia
If we have an existing XBMC setup and we're using a MySQL DB for library management, is there any way to edit the advancedsettings.xml file on this build? I looked on the SD card but didn't see anything.

EDIT: This folder does not exist for me: <sdcard>/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc (after running it at least once)

EDIT2: It shows up in ES file explorer but wouldn't show up on my computer when i browsed via a USB connection, however, it's empty. Are the files being saved somewhere else?

Last edited:

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Over scrolling on left side of screen.

Happens in most areas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-18-08-06-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-08-06-50.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,271
Last edited:

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
If we have an existing XBMC setup and we're using a MySQL DB for library management, is there any way to edit the advancedsettings.xml file on this build? I looked on the SD card but didn't see anything.

EDIT: This folder does not exist for me: <sdcard>/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc (after running it at least once)

EDIT2: It shows up in ES file explorer but wouldn't show up on my computer when i browsed via a USB connection, however, it's empty. Are the files being saved somewhere else?

You need to enable hidden files in es file explorer. It's at <sdcard>/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/.files/......

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
For smb to work with mx player, XBMC should present the file as a http stream, which it does not. So smb whith external player does not work.
You better check xbmc builds with libstagefright enabled. This is the way to go.
As a workaround of you have root then mount the shares on local folders using cifs manager, then the build from this thread should work.

You can also use mount manager from the market as well. I have been digging into getting MX Player working with SMB but I have met with little success. I did discover it seemed MX Player needed files from samba presented as an HTTP stream but I've not had a chance to dig into how to implement this functionality properly. Any suggestions?

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
So is it only MX Player Free that doesn't support samba streams, or is it all external players? I basically only use xbmc for samba streams on my local network since all my media is on my FreeNas. I use nfs to conect with computers and my htpc, but I couldn't figure out how to do nas with android xbmc. If samba is broken for everything, would it work over nas, if that's even an option? I'm running the rc from xbmc.org right now so just trying to decide if its worth installing this one instead since it will be a pain since I assume this uses different signing keys. Anyways, keep up the great work xbmc guys. Being able to run xbmc on all the things is awesome!

Reports and some of my own testing indicate that few, if any external players are going to "just work" with samba sources. I am digging into the issue further. NAS is an option, but few have reported that it works or doesn't work from what I've read. UPNP seems to be the most often mentioned alternative to SMB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The XBMCANDROID.com Team Presents...

STABLE RELEASE OF THE XAF CUSTOM BUILD OF XBMC FOR ANDROID

xbmc_android.jpg

This release is basically the first stable end user friendly version of XBMC for Android that should work great on pretty much any Android powered device. Since XBMC still doesn't support hardware accelerated video decoding on most devices, support for an external video player is included in this release, that way you'll still be able to enjoy a flawless XBMC experience since the external video player itself does support hardware accelerated video decoding.

You'll also find that a bunch of customizations have been made in order to make the whole XBMC experience more enjoyable for the end user, some user experience and some functionality related.

Hopefully this will change the public perception of XBMC just being a media player, and most people will realize that it's much more: a media platform that interfaces with online streaming video content, bringing online streaming technology directly to your favourite devices in an easy to navigate VOD system with endless possibilities.

Installation

Step 1: From within your Android device's built-in web browser, click on the device specific link below to install MX Player Free:

Step 2: Launch and exit the MX Player Free application at least once before continuing.

Step 3: Install the appropriate version of the XAF Custom Build to your device by clicking on one of the following links from within your Android device's built-in web browser:

Special Thanks goes out to kemonine96, staticaDK, DroidFuse, mikkle, phat, PoorCollegeGuy, Android_Adict, GSH, jas0npc, lavero.burgos, Eldorado, bstrdsmkr, mash2K3 and the XBMC Foundation for all their hard work and dedication!

Code:
    Release Notes:

- Milestone Release

Code:
    Bundled XBMC Addons:

- NuskuNetworks Addon Repo
    - XBMCHUB Addon Repo
    - 1Channel
    - Project Free TV
    - Icefilms
    - Mash Up
    - TV-release
    - AwsomeDL
    - Watch-Freeseries
    - Baltimore Ravens
    - Discovery Channel
    - XBMCHUB...Maintenance
    - YouTube
    - XBMC Log Uploader

Code:
    Supported External Players (just change setting in playercorefactory.xml file):

- MX Player Free (default, except for SOX and SAMBA streams)
    - MX Player Pro
    - TPlayer
    - DicePlayer
    - RockPlayer
    - RockPlayer2
    - BSPlayer Free
    - Moboplayer
    - mVideoPlayer
    - vPlayer
    - Wondershare Player
    - Archos Video Player

Code:
    Changelog:

2013-05-04
    - Stable Release (Based on XBMC 12.1 Vanilla)

2013-01-17
    - Initial Testing Release

Enjoy! Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter today!

PS: Check our main site for some of the many Android TV devices on the market such as the Jynxbox Android Mini and other very affordable hardware options!
    The XAF stable build has been released. Please see the OP for a download link and notes on what this release includes.
    excellent - looking forward to installing this tonight!

FYI - tegra 3 is a neon device (including asus transformer prime, tf300, tf700, nexus 7, etc).
    @brainimpact. I tried to use wondershare player as default and changed the xml and rebooted and still doesn't work. If its not too much trouble could you post your settings file so I can compare.

I''ll post the part of the text I changed in a second I'll give you tip what to check out for its a mistake I made, if you are pasting wonder player in-between like this "wonderplayer" make sure there is no gap between the double quotation marks like this " wonderplayer " as that happened to me when pasting player name in and would not work till i removed the spaces both sides of the word

Edit: I'lll just upload my file later and you can rather edited the differences or paste over yours its easier

Edit 2: Here's my coreplayerfactory.xml file its set up to use Wonder Player, it works perfect for me.
    just make sure before hand that you've started up wonder player so it can detect if you need to install any of the codec packs they supply via google play for the different ARM types
    just unzip the file and replace your own with it
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67720331/playercorefactory.7z