FORUMS

[HOW-TO] change your french orange dream firmware by a custom one...

687 posts
Thanks Meter: 153

By geek78, Senior Member on 24th March 2009, 10:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2009, 03:55 PM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Just a question, I managed to flash flawlessly the 1st boot image but not the 2nd one.
When flashing with fastboot I get this error message "partition non existing"

Does it worked for you?

Thibaud
27th April 2009, 04:03 PM |#242  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've tested the new official ADP 1.5 image from HTC using the 1st post method (unyaffs) and it works like a charm on the french dream

Note that there's only english language.

http://www.htc.com/www/support/android/adp.html
26th May 2009, 05:55 AM |#243  
Flag St Denis (Réunion)
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ca fait un petit moment que personne n'as posté ici, je viens de tout parcourir et je me pose quelque question, en quoi le flash du SPL avec fastboot flash update.zip ne peut pas brické le dream.
Ensuite juste pour être sur, car je n'ai peut être pas tout à fait sur de ce que j'ai compris, est ce que flasher le spl, pourrait modifier le fastboot?

Sinon grace à fastboot j'ai déjà changer de firmware, j'ai prisla version de theDude surtout car le language french y est intégré, de plus il y a plein d'application et de fonctionnalité déjà installé qui sont fort utile. Je n'ai pas encore essayé la dernière version de theDude, mais sa ne serait tarder.

Et merci à ceux qui répondront à mes questions.
26th May 2009, 06:45 AM |#244  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Tant qu'à changer de SPL, autant prendre la dernière version d'Haykuro :
http://code.google.com/p/sapphire-port-dream/
Ce SPL permet d'élargir les partitions
Testé ok sur ADP1, ainsi que la version 6r1 qui déchire ! (en français).

Par contre je ne sais pas si ça peut bricker le orange dream (apparemment sont problématiques les DVT-2 ou n'ayant pas le dernier firmware radio).
Quelqu'un a déjà testé le SPL d'Haykuro sur orange dream ?

Et oui il me semble que le fastboot est intégré au SPL.
27th May 2009, 10:42 AM |#245  

More
Oui moi aussi j'aimerais bien savoir si des personnes possédant le Dream d'orange ont testé le dernier SPL d'haykuro?

Merci!
27th May 2009, 12:00 PM |#246  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am waiting for feedback too...
27th May 2009, 02:36 PM |#247  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi

I tried the latest SPL using the orange hardware... well I wouldn't say it's totally bricked but it's certainly not in a good shape.

I am not sure what happened wrong, I'm not even sure the SPL got installed but my phone is in a mess right now... I'm trying to clear things and start from scratch. Meanwhile I would not other people to do the same
28th May 2009, 08:57 AM |#248  

More
Thanks for your feedback emms007.

But what do you mean by "not in a good shape" ? Is the phone looping at the boot sequence? Or is it stuck at the Orange logo?

Keep us updated if you manage to fix it.

Thibaud
28th May 2009, 07:23 PM |#249  

More
Hi

Please forget my previous posts, it's working fine.
After lots of trouble due to bad luck, I managed to install everything as usual. Just follow the procedure, it's ok.

I installed the leaked pre-version of the Hero build, it's running really great. Nothing really new except nicer menus annnnnd.... for the first time I have a french Azerty onscreen keyboard, and there's even the french T9!

++
28th May 2009, 08:40 PM |#250  

More
Good to know!

That's a really good news as the regular HardSPL is not working with french dream!

We'll be able to install the latest Haykuro and Hero roms!!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice when flashing this SPL or should we follow the regular procedure? (update.zip in the SD Card + boot into recovery JF)

Any other good feedbacks guys?

Thibaud
28th May 2009, 08:47 PM |#251  

More
I used to remove the battery or do the phone+menu+hangup sequence to reboot when doing the flash procedure but this was a mistake. You have to make sure that you push end+home of the end of the update procedure (as it asks you to do). Sometimes you have to push several times. It's a must otherwise it won't apply the modifications properly..

Regarding the flash, flash the radio, go back to the booterloader. Make sure the radio is in place (radio version is showed in the bootloader screen), then wipe then install a new version of whatever rom you like.

btw, you could already install others roms if you upgraded to the Orange-non-signed SPL that is available in this thread. That maybe be required to install the new SPL (don't know). If you need, see post #111 by geek78 and get the 2nd file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)