By GoodDayToDie, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2013, 07:00 PM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Apps which have been recompiled:

• Python 2.7.3. Programming/scripting language and runtime. Known issues: Compiled with the Foreign Function Interface, so stuff that needs to call native code won't work. .(Once again, big thanks to minhtuan99bk)

Quote:

calibre is completely open source, licensed under the GNU GPL v3. This means that you are free to download and modify the program to your heart’s content. In this section, you will learn how to get a calibre development environment set up on the operating system of your choice. calibre is written primarily in Python with some C/C++ code for speed and system interfacing. Note that calibre is not compatible with Python 3 and requires at least Python 2.7.

Has anyone tried running/porting Calibre, or isn't it even worth trying given the info above
21st January 2013, 07:10 PM |#282  
Flag Carmarthen
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samco08

Me too !
Exactly the same problem.
0 seed (for Ubuntu for example )

I'm having the same issue here, got the jail break and torrent client working, managed to get a torrent file into the client but wont download. It just sits there on 0.
22nd January 2013, 12:32 AM |#283  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
That's odd... I've tested it myself, and was able to download a file. A small one, and probably very well seeded (from the Humble Indie Bundle 7) but it worked.
22nd January 2013, 01:43 AM |#284  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
Rainmeter!

As always, no warranty. Not everything works 100% either (I was getting a few timezone errors every once in a while, along with the CPU temp always reporting 0c.)

(Note: This is an older version of it. They moved from SVN to Git and I didn't notice the message in their SVN repo until I had it all working.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rainmeter.zip - [Click for QR Code] (581.0 KB, 4005 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to netham45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netham45 Ad-Free
22nd January 2013, 02:06 AM |#285  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Classic Start Menu Themes
Has anyone used Classic Start Menu and tried to apply the themes? I really appreciate and like that someone ported this program, but it seems as though the themes do not work. I have tried multiple times to apply them, even restarting the program to see if something may have not been running correctly but no avail.
I have installed it on my Windows 7 desktop and played around with it and it seems that when it installs, it creates a folder called 'Skins' and dumps all the skins in there. In the ARM version(portable), there is no 'Skins' folder. I have tried adding the folder to the directory but it does not seem to help. I can get the themes to apply on my desktop,(x86) but not my VivoTab RT(ARM).
Can anyone take a quick look at this and see if something is broken/not ported?
22nd January 2013, 02:08 AM |#286  
Flag Redlands, CA
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind3rgarten

Has anyone used Classic Start Menu and tried to apply the themes? I really appreciate and like that someone ported this program, but it seems as though the themes do not work. I have tried multiple times to apply them, even restarting the program to see if something may have not been running correctly but no avail.
I have installed it on my Windows 7 desktop and played around with it and it seems that when it installs, it creates a folder called 'Skins' and dumps all the skins in there. In the ARM version(portable), there is no 'Skins' folder. I have tried adding the folder to the directory but it does not seem to help. I can get the themes to apply on my desktop,(x86) but not my VivoTab RT(ARM).

Yeah, look earlier in the thread, I had the same problem.

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Could someone PLEASE port The Prey Project? Pretty please? http://preyproject.com/download it's open source, don't worry.
22nd January 2013, 02:10 AM |#287  
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Lang

Could someone PLEASE port The Prey Project? Pretty please? http://preyproject.com/download it's open source, don't worry.

Their windows builds don't seem to be open source. I'm only seeing Linux stuff.

The node.js version may work out of the box, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to netham45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netham45 Ad-Free
22nd January 2013, 02:35 AM |#288  
Flag Redlands, CA
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netham45

Their windows builds don't seem to be open source. I'm only seeing Linux stuff.

The node.js version may work out of the box, though.

https://github.com/prey/prey-bash-cliet I downloaded this, and it looks like it has all the windows stuff, but needs to be compiled? I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like.
22nd January 2013, 02:37 AM |#289  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,043

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind3rgarten

I have classic start menu in c:\users\steven\Downloads\classicstart but I needed to put the skins in c:\users\steven\Downloads\skins for it to work, hope that helps a little, also worked with a skin I downloaded.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2013, 02:47 AM |#290  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedservers

Have a look at my previous post... I would post again but im on the road

Thanks mate! I searched for "shell integration" and "right click" but no result came up. Luckily you only have 18 posts for me to go through!

For those interested in the 7-zip right-click functionality: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=157
22nd January 2013, 02:58 AM |#291  
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Lang

https://github.com/prey/prey-bash-cliet I downloaded this, and it looks like it has all the windows stuff, but needs to be compiled? I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like.

That looks to be an x86 Bash interpreter with accompanying resources, nothing that would run on the tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arm, rtdesktopapps, windowsrt

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)