FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Q&A - Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

1,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 586

By Restola, Senior Member on 29th December 2012, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2013, 04:41 AM |#641  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenameisnald

I've got a Galaxy SIII on Verizon running Cm10.1. Whenever I open the camera, it tells me "Camera Error: Can't connect to camera." I've tried other camera apps, including Instagram, but none connect to the camera. I've also tried reflashing, wiping cache, dalvik, and data and I've flashed the old camera app. Anything?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Have you flashed the correct GApps? This is important because the gallery is part of GApps. Check the OP for the correct version. If you already have this version I would try a "fix permissions" in recovery. After that I'm out of ideas.

22nd January 2013, 07:42 AM |#642  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi. When in landscape view, the top part of the analog clock cuts off on the home screen. Running 10.1 M1.

Was wondering if others were getting the same thing, and if so, whether there is an adjustment that can be made to fix it. Thank you.
22nd January 2013, 01:55 PM |#643  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Re: [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread - OP updated 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditsw

Hi. When in landscape view, the top part of the analog clock cuts off on the home screen. Running 10.1 M1.

Was wondering if others were getting the same thing, and if so, whether there is an adjustment that can be made to fix it. Thank you.

You could mess around with the landscape columns and rows in Trebuchet settings (or with which ever launcher you're running).
22nd January 2013, 02:29 PM |#644  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker101

So wait do you actually get a lock though? I tried this and I cant even get a lock, although it does not get locked on the notification bar for me.

Yeah no problems with the GPS locking, only that annoying issue which I seemed to have resolved by using GPS Test from the Play Store. Bluetooth wasn't a problem, but I only listen to podcasts with the headphones I got and make calls through my Jabra Freeway, so didn't notice any problems with the bass. I don't remember which version I flashed, it was one of the more recent ones.

The signal is spotty, I might try flashing the latest radio if I can find it. But other then that, this build's been working for me. Is there any reason to move from mastamoon's version CM 10.1 M?

My big issue now is trying to get Android File Transfer to work on my Mac running the latest version of Mountain Lion. I made the mistake of downloading Kies on it, now I can never get Android File Transfer to work again. I'm trying to avoid having to use Air Droid, and putting my sim card in is getting annoying. Why the S3 and OSX can't work together is beyond me.

EDIT- Does anyone know if any versions of Wifi Tether work? Will Treves version work? What settings do I have to put on it? I'm still on unlimited, so I have to use the frowned upon apps. Thanks!
cb3ck
22nd January 2013, 02:43 PM |#645  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npro1464

EDIT- Does anyone know if any versions of Wifi Tether work? Will Treves version work? What settings do I have to put on it? I'm still on unlimited, so I have to use the frowned upon apps. Thanks!

So I'm guessing wifi tether is still problematic for some people? I ask because I too am on unlimited, and I was never able to get any type of tether working, even open. It's the only thing holding me back from CM
22nd January 2013, 03:12 PM |#646  
Flag Faribault MN
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Running M1 10.1, seems damn stable so far. Battery life seems great. GPS works but takes its jolly sweet time (TW gets me a lock in a second). Signal is not great, on LK1 radio, might try updating that.

Calling worked fine (as opposed to last time when my phone crapped brix every time i tried to make a call)

Overall I think it's stable enoguh to keep!!
22nd January 2013, 03:17 PM |#647  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb3ck

So I'm guessing wifi tether is still problematic for some people? I ask because I too am on unlimited, and I was never able to get any type of tether working, even open. It's the only thing holding me back from CM

Its fixed in kernel 3.4 =)
(which is not ready quite yet)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to invisiblek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2013, 03:35 PM |#648  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Do any kernels fix it?
22nd January 2013, 03:47 PM |#649  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 458

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblek

Its fixed in kernel 3.4 =)
(which is not ready quite yet)

Does the new kernel fix in game lag in some games as well? After phone has been on 4+ hrs fruit ninja is sub-par performance at best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris123NT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chris123NT Ad-Free
22nd January 2013, 03:50 PM |#650  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
I havent been able to get this to install... thinking my download failed or something....

Going to try it again.
22nd January 2013, 04:02 PM |#651  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Are headphones working for voice calls currently for anyone? tried disabling LPA but still nothing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)