wanggjghost

Jun 1, 2011
www.591fan.com
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP recovery) for LG Optimus 4X HD

Here's the TWRP recovery for LG Optimus 4X HD
Origin site http://www.591fan.com/thread-30056-1-1.html

Credit to @Dexter_nlb for BootStrape/CWM recovery work

HOWTO install​

- If you installed the CWM reocvery by @Dexter_nlb, remember to press install recovery again, so the changes take effect.
- Get your o4x root'd,
- Download the APK file and install it
- after installation reboot mobile once (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
- start the LG 4X Recovery app
- press - Install recovery - grant superuser access when prompted
--- Three option lines in the app: 1st Install Recovery, 2nd Reboot Into Recovery, 3rd Normal Reboot
- wait for success OK, if it fails, something is wrong or SU is not properly installed or denied su access. you should set permissions to granted for this app
- after successfull installation, you can press boot recovery and boot into the twrp recovery and make your backups or install custom roms

Warning && Issue

- DO NOT use the "Formate Date" function in wipe menu, this will make a soft brick, if U did this by mistake, U can reboot into stock recovery and run the "wipe date/cache" function to solve the soft brick.

- This recovery only supported the "standard update.zip" packages, this means some update.zip package which used none standard( EG: some cwm backup style update.zip for 4X HD atm) won't work on this recovery.

- For some reasons this recovery not support cwm bakcup package, only support TWRP backup package style(This is the TWRP issue). But, anyway, I'll make a patch for this later to support cwm backup package.

Here's sceen shot

175943e037n58mr80eoaoi.jpg

180031zp0dybw2hw37m5n8.jpg

Attachments

• twrp-recovery-591fan.com.apk
    5.5 MB · Views: 7,207
Last edited:

thecresta

Nov 12, 2006
Just had a bit of a nightmare situation, and would like to offer this advice to people:

**Always check that TWRP automatically turns your screen off after a few seconds of inactivity! **

I didn't. I left it alone backing up for 45 minutes and when I got back the screen was flickering like crazy.

As a result of my negligence my phone screen was almost permanently damaged, and on reboot my WIFI and 3G connections both completely stopped working.

:crying:

Luckily I've managed to fix the connection issue by rolling back to ICS, and the screen appears to be returning to normal by itself.

But heed my warnings - the last three hours have not been fun.

Anyway, off to install CM10.1 now

:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Reactions: sPEADy
i noticed the same but it also happened when screen was off.

i found out in some situations while using twrp the graphics chipsets updates the drawing parts (gui, ...) even if theres nothing more to update on the screen. it also does that when screen is "off"/timed out.

thats why i also took down my gbootmenu cause of twrp. dont want risk any possible damage to our devices.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk 2

Afro

Nov 5, 2012
Paderborn
i noticed the same but it also happened when screen was off.

i found out in some situations while using twrp the graphics chipsets updates the drawing parts (gui, ...) even if theres nothing more to update on the screen. it also does that when screen is "off"/timed out.

thats why i also took down my gbootmenu cause of twrp. dont want risk any possible damage to our devices.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk 2

Yes it went off for me, too :eek:

But if it locked down, I turned the screen on , so i thought it was my fault...

oh, finally 2.6 is out. will take a look on it and release it on my 2.5.0.0 thread.
this thread is outdated and not used by people with unlocked bootloader (it also didnt work for me with ics and locked bootloader)

edit: its out since 2 weeks, but the branch is still named twrp2.5, and the branch twrp2.6 is outdated so it confused me.
edit2: 2.6 released => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2321124

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

zaro143

Apr 22, 2012
is that possible to install TWRP recovery via ROM MANAGER for OPTIMUS 4x...I have rooted and unlocked my boot loader next i want to install recovery.Can some one help me on this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP recovery) for LG Optimus 4X HD

Here's the TWRP recovery for LG Optimus 4X HD
    Origin site http://www.591fan.com/thread-30056-1-1.html

Credit to @Dexter_nlb for BootStrape/CWM recovery work

HOWTO install​

- If you installed the CWM reocvery by @Dexter_nlb, remember to press install recovery again, so the changes take effect.
    - Get your o4x root'd,
    - Download the APK file and install it
    - after installation reboot mobile once (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
    - start the LG 4X Recovery app
    - press - Install recovery - grant superuser access when prompted
    --- Three option lines in the app: 1st Install Recovery, 2nd Reboot Into Recovery, 3rd Normal Reboot
    - wait for success OK, if it fails, something is wrong or SU is not properly installed or denied su access. you should set permissions to granted for this app
    - after successfull installation, you can press boot recovery and boot into the twrp recovery and make your backups or install custom roms

Warning && Issue

- DO NOT use the "Formate Date" function in wipe menu, this will make a soft brick, if U did this by mistake, U can reboot into stock recovery and run the "wipe date/cache" function to solve the soft brick.

- This recovery only supported the "standard update.zip" packages, this means some update.zip package which used none standard( EG: some cwm backup style update.zip for 4X HD atm) won't work on this recovery.

- For some reasons this recovery not support cwm bakcup package, only support TWRP backup package style(This is the TWRP issue). But, anyway, I'll make a patch for this later to support cwm backup package.

Here's sceen shot

175943e037n58mr80eoaoi.jpg

180031zp0dybw2hw37m5n8.jpg
    Thanks, I'll try it when I get home. Does this support backups to internal SD?

Yes
    This installer is all chinese! I can't read anything. Can you make an English version?
    Just had a bit of a nightmare situation, and would like to offer this advice to people:

**Always check that TWRP automatically turns your screen off after a few seconds of inactivity! **

I didn't. I left it alone backing up for 45 minutes and when I got back the screen was flickering like crazy.

As a result of my negligence my phone screen was almost permanently damaged, and on reboot my WIFI and 3G connections both completely stopped working.

:crying:

Luckily I've managed to fix the connection issue by rolling back to ICS, and the screen appears to be returning to normal by itself.

But heed my warnings - the last three hours have not been fun.

Anyway, off to install CM10.1 now

:fingers-crossed: