[ROM][GT-P31XX][JB][4.1.2] Android Open Kang Project | ROMs and Kernels | Milestone 1

Search This thread

scottx .

Looks like I sold mine just in time. Sad to see this and its big brother forgotten about in the newest builds. My boss just bought a 3113 and wants me to fix it up. Soon as aokp hits 4.2 I will.

I counted this morning and I was amazed at the amount of aokp roms for the n7 (grouper) 7 aokp roms.

I figure cmenard will build a new one for this. The cm 10.1 source should surely help him with building it.

Last edited:

tcardozo

Oct 20, 2010
Looks like I'm also getting out of the p3113 game, trading someone for their n7. Been nice hanging out here, have fun with future builds if they are still happening

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app

scottx .

Anyway to enable portrait mode. Tried everything

Make sure rotation isn't locked. Make sure its enabled in settings. It must have some how gotten locked in landscape mode.

eve3a6a6.jpg

What in the world is that? My tablet works in portrait and landscape just fine. What's your issue? No apps at all work on portrait?

Takes half the time to help someone than it does to tell them off and be a jerk. If you don't want to help then ignore them.

Last edited:
Reactions: kepz and kdizzleh85

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Make sure rotation isn't locked. Make sure its enabled in settings. It must have some how gotten locked in landscape mode.

eve3a6a6.jpg

Takes half the time to help someone than it does to tell them off and be a jerk. If you don't want to help then ignore them.

What in the world are you talking about? Wow. I am asking what the issue is with portrait, mine works. Usually when auto rotate is disabled it keeps it in portrait, not landscape. How in the world did you conclude I was being a jerk? I won't coddle anyone, but in NO way was my reply being rude or trying to be a jerk, so you can get off the high horse.

kdizzleh85

Jun 25, 2012
Seattle
What in the world is that? My tablet works in portrait and landscape just fine. What's your issue? No apps at all work on portrait?

If you read my post you would know what I asked. I love when people answer a question with a question. Do you need it in bold or in some form made for handicapped lol. Got it working not thanks to your help. But hey next time I know who to ask!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

eve3a6a6.jpg

Well said and thanks again. Quick fix and much appreciated. Awesome ROM and great DD.

scottx .

What in the world are you talking about? Wow. I am asking what the issue is with portrait, mine works. Usually when auto rotate is disabled it keeps it in portrait, not landscape. How in the world did you conclude I was being a jerk? I won't coddle anyone, but in NO way was my reply being rude or trying to be a jerk, so you can get off the high horse.

Nope. I'm staying on this high horse because I was writing Linux code on slackware in 1998. Where were you at? Being born?

If you don't want to be helpful the don't post anything. Didn't your parents ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything?

Last edited:
Reactions: kepz

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
Edited because I came across harsher than I wanted to, for me. Just frustrating that something could be replied to with such harsh words towards me without even asking if I was attempting to be a jerk. What frightens me most, is no matter how many times I reread my initial response, I can't see how I'm being a jerk, or how in my second one I'm being called handicapped and someone trying to crack a joke about me. Bleh.

If you read my post you would know what I asked. I love when people answer a question with a question. Do you need it in bold or in some form made for handicapped lol. Got it working not thanks to your help. But hey next time I know who to ask!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Well said and thanks again. Quick fix and much appreciated. Awesome ROM and great DD.

You asked how to enable portrait mode. If you meant portrait ONLY mode, that's different. By default, the tab works both in portrait and landscape. Your question makes it seem like you couldn't get portrait to work at all. Why don't you re read it and see how it is lacking in clarity. Your question was inaccurate. Oh well, can't wait to get rid of this tab and be free from this, lol. Shrug.

How to enable portrait mode? = I can't get into portrait at all
How to enable portrait ONLY mode? = I only want portrait

Those are two completely different things, unless the rules of logic are out the window

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Nope. I'm staying on this high horse because I was writing Linux code on slackware in 1998. Where were you at? Being born?

If you don't want to be helpful the don't post anything. Didn't your parents ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything?

So was I 2 years later, lol. My parents taught me you tell people the truth. My initial post that you replied to was in no way being a jerk. You try to insult me, yet act righteous. Interesting. I didn't say anything negative to you as a person short of getting off the high horse, as again, my initial response was NOT rude. Damn I hate where the world is going when me asking for clarity gets construed as being a jerk, ha.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I'm done with this forum. I suppose all the thanks I get for helping people, or the PMs I reply to are pointless. Never had an issue before with you scottx and actually respected you, but that's totally out the window now. Sad.

Won't reply and give this any more attention. To op, hopefully something good and new is in the pipeline for this great little device! I enjoyed your builds a lot.

Last edited:

scottx .

That is an attractive theme! Please share the name/link :highfive:

I switch between a couple themes. You'll love them all!

Try searching here for these, search title only! (Advanced search)

AlloyUI, BlueMint and alphaBlue. I'm on the tab or I'd copy and paste all the links. They're easy to find. BlueMint just came out yesterday so its the one I'm using right now on both phone and tablet.

Here's BlueMint: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2116195

Sorry for being off topic. Anyone needs me send me a pm.

Last edited:

kdizzleh85

Jun 25, 2012
Seattle
Edited because I came across harsher than I wanted to, for me. Just frustrating that something could be replied to with such harsh words towards me without even asking if I was attempting to be a jerk. What frightens me most, is no matter how many times I reread my initial response, I can't see how I'm being a jerk, or how in my second one I'm being called handicapped and someone trying to crack a joke about me. Bleh.

You asked how to enable portrait mode. If you meant portrait ONLY mode, that's different. By default, the tab works both in portrait and landscape. Your question makes it seem like you couldn't get portrait to work at all. Why don't you re read it and see how it is lacking in clarity. Your question was inaccurate. Oh well, can't wait to get rid of this tab and be free from this, lol. Shrug.

How to enable portrait mode? = I can't get into portrait at all
How to enable portrait ONLY mode? = I only want portrait

Those are two completely different things, unless the rules of logic are out the window

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

So was I 2 years later, lol. My parents taught me you tell people the truth. My initial post that you replied to was in no way being a jerk. You try to insult me, yet act righteous. Interesting. I didn't say anything negative to you as a person short of getting off the high horse, as again, my initial response was NOT rude. Damn I hate where the world is going when me asking for clarity gets construed as being a jerk, ha.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I'm done with this forum. I suppose all the thanks I get for helping people, or the PMs I reply to are pointless. Never had an issue before with you scottx and actually respected you, but that's totally out the window now. Sad.

Won't reply and give this any more attention. To op, hopefully something good and new is in the pipeline for this great little device! I enjoyed your builds a lot.

Taking things a little to personal. Never said you were being a jerk. I just say stupid shi* following the stupid shi* said by others, wait...LOL

Aliendex

Aug 26, 2012
www.marco182.altervista.org
I've flashed this ROM two days ago, after 15 minutes of tweaking and settings I think this is the best ROM for costum modding and for speed.
No lag! I've update the nova launcher because it was old (I use stable release "milestone")

Now I can play NFS most wanted without going crazy for the lower fps from the other 2 ROMs (stock and CM10)

Thank you!

Reactions: scottx .

alessa

Jul 5, 2008
hello could you tell me which version I install? the nighlty or official?
thanks ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site

installation-1.png

Flash Rom in CWM or TWRP
    Wipe data/factory reset if you are coming from another ROM
    Flash the zip
    Wipe cache/dalvik cache
    Then flash GApps.
    Reboot

downloads-4.png

Download My Semi-Nightly Builds:
    androtransfer.com/?developer=cmenard

Download Official Milestone 1
    androtransfer.com/?developer=AOKP

GApps: http://goo.im/gapps

What works:
    Samsung Keyboard Dock
    Almost Everything

What doesn't work:
    IR Blaster?? A WIP
    You tell me...

Kernels

The same custom kernel used in AOKP ROMs now available to use in all AOSP based ROMs. (AOKP, CM10, ParanoidAndroid) Will not work with stock Touchwiz based ROMs!!

These use the anykernel flash method so it creates a new boot.img on the fly. It will not interfere with any customizations that may be in your current boot.img's ramdisk.

Download Kernel
    androtransfer.com/?developer=cmenard&folder=Kernels

source-2.png

AOKP's Source can be found here: Github

=======================================================================================

Thanks to:
    AOKP Team
    codeworkx and Teamhacksung for the initial CM10 work
    Please do not copy and paste this post anywhere else. Always point the post to this thread since it will always have the most recently updated version. Thank you and enjoy the Jelly Bean infused Unicorns!

=======================================================================================
    9/30/2012

Among the many updates and fixes in Build-4 we have a new kernel. Keeping the trend alive we have yet another first for our Tablets. Voltage Control!! You can use Performance Settings in ROM Control to set voltages, SetCPU and a few other apps available on the market work as well. NOTE don't set any voltages at boot until you are once again 1000% sure your device is stable. It's pretty safe to UV 1GHz and below, just use small 25mv steps to begin with. 1.2GHz is close on most devices, speeds above that I wouldn't mess with too much. Remember all devices are different, so there aren't any magic voltages that will make you want to throw away your charger. Use common sense and have fun tinkering.

New kernel AOKP_p31xx_1-52GHz_v2-2.zip posted..

9/21/2012

I've built and uploaded a new kernel that includes a few more OC options. Configured now are 1.2GHz, 1.35GHz, 1.42GHz, 1.48GHz, and 1.52GHz. There have been a few other tweaks made that all add up to FAST. Remember your device may not be able to handle the same speeds as someone else's. Don't cry or feel bad, it's just the hardware luck of the draw. Just like people, there are some freaks out there. The new kernels have 1-52GHz in the file name. Now go forth and flash!!

9/17/2012
    New Another overclock option!

New Semi-Nightly Sept. 16/17 builds now include a 1.42GHz step. Kernel still safe boots to 1.2GHz and you can use built-in Performance settings or SetCPU to OC. I wouldn't recommend using "set at boot" until you're 1000% sure your device is stable at 1.42GHz.

Working Samsung keyboard dock

While not all the special keys work it's a start ;)

On the fly GPU Overclocking

Another first for our tabs! Based on imoseyon's Tuna kernel work. To change speeds simply edit /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_oc. Values are as follows: 0 = 307MHz 1 = 384MHz 2 = 512MHZ

On top of the built in 1.42GHz overclock the tab runs really well. Be mindful the higher GPU freqs will cause an increase in heat production. The values will revert back to 0 (307MHz) on boot. So if you find your tab locked up or acting odd at a higher clock speed just reboot it. On the other side of that you'll need to change the value every time you boot the tablet.
    Some nenamark2 scores to illustrate the GPU overclocking...

Value 0 = 307MHz

Screenshot_2012-09-13-20-52-00.png

Value 1 = 384MHz

Screenshot_2012-09-13-20-53-22.png

Value 2 = 512MHz

Screenshot_2012-09-13-20-54-28.png
    Glad everyone is liking this stuff. Just know more cool stuff is coming.... :fingers-crossed:
    Thanks everyone for following my AOKP thread. Its now time to pass it on..

Enjoy!
    AOKP JB Milestone 1 is being released tonight. It will be the last build until 4.2 is pushed to AOSP.

With the news of Android 4.2 on the horizon, we at Team Kang felt you, the end-user, deserved to see a Milestone build. With a massive surge of effort and contributions, we have one for you now, and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

The wait for 4.2 begins now. We won't release any new builds until it gets pushed to AOSP and merged into our source. Don't worry though; we are already working on some awesome new features, you may have seen some teasers on Twitter/G+ already!

This time we definitely focused on fixes, we managed to close each bug report received on Rootz and Twitter in the last few weeks.

But AOKP isn't AOKP without new features, right?
    Adjustable NavBar width for Tablets
    Allow "Vibrate on Touch" behavior for Slide unlock
    Toggles can be hidden like in ICS - long press on the Settings button!

Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
    More info: http://aokp.co/index.php/releases/_/jb-milestone-1-r34