[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
First of all, sorry my bad English ;)

I found a simple way to change the background image for all panels (it work for me, but I don't know if will work for everyone).

I changed the file background.xml (inside qa_layout.dat) file like this:

<Layout Name="Default">
<Plugins>
<Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.SimpleBackgrd" Name="Fundotela"/>
</Plugins>
</Layout>

<Layout Name="240x320">
<Plugins Extends="Default">
<Plugin Name="Fundotela" Skin="qa_fundotela" >
<String Name="ImageName" Value="background"/>
<BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="240" Height="320"/>
</Plugin>
</Plugins>
</Layout>

Then I create a qa_fundotela.dat with the images for the background (portraid and landscape). In my case, the image sizes are 240x320 and 320x240 (see the attached file - rename it to .dat).

This modification solved the scroll problem (for the MRU and other panels with scroll).

Thanx its working & no more scroll problem

But my bottom menu bar is still blue any way to make it transparent?

pbv302

Aug 25, 2008
I am blind as a bat. I cannot find anythign about SPB Backups. Can you point me to where that is at?

[EDIT]
I checked the manual, and it says "From teh SPB Options panel..." and has a picture, showing Backup Settings, Restore Settings etc.

But i cannot find that panel. From Pro screen for exampl, I click the lower right icon, and get these selections: Profiessional layout, Add Widget, Exit layour, Change Background, Calendar Options, and Show Today. Nothing about backup.

maybe my problem is figuring out where the Options panel is. The only place the Optoins Panel name is even used is in the page about backup.

Go to settings>Spb mobile shell>and then click the lower right icon...

Last edited:

pbv302

Aug 25, 2008
Thanks PBV...

I just finished noting above I figured it out.

Interestingly, I do NOT find that clicking the lower rigiht icon again takes me to backup. For me, it just closes the options that it does bring up.

Sorry...Me stupid....edited my last post so now I think you understand what I was on about...:eek:

romflasher

Dec 24, 2007
One quick warning about MS3 Lifestyle Widgets (Pro Series)...

If you add "All Items (Pro)" to your Lifestyles panel (at least with the QVGA version on my TYTN II), you will not be able to delete it. You can move it anywhere on the page, but the option to delete or move it to other pages does not work. Perhaps the XML description for this widget is wrong?

Click on edit, then click on the most right button for the menu option to delete it..., not on the little arrow as you usualy do.

boufa

I don't think this has been posted, and it is a combination of other peoples ideas, so credit to them for doing most of the work.

I don't want a launcher that has all of my programs, many I only need occasional access to. The current 8 (or 9 if you add one) launcher screen includes at least 3 sections I will only rarely use... settings, tools and programs. Now I need them sometimes, but they collectively take up too much space. I personally want one for commonly used programs (NOT recently used necessarily), Games, and GPS/Geocaching/Map programs. It is tough to do this with only 1 existing "my shortcuts" option.

So here is what I did..
1) renamed My Shortcuts (Made it GPS Programs, but you can use anything you want)
2) Added the 9th group (see post #1)
3) Removed the "Programs" group, and added it to the Tools group. (you copy the entire key in .../root/ to a new key called Programs in .../root/Tools)
4) I deleted the main "programs" group and created a new one using the same process in step #2 (I actually just made edits to the existing key, but deleting and starting over is more fool proof.)

So now I have groups for..
Internet
Multimedia
Office (organizer renamed, and pocket office added)
GPS Programs
Software
Games
Tools
Settings
Messaging

I am thinking of moving Messaging (since it is all on the front page with the email, sms icons etc) and Settings groups into the Tools folder also. That would give me a total of 5 groups that I created and stored my programs as I wanted.

MS3 has way more editable options than first thought and way more than MS2.

Jiggs1337

Aug 13, 2008
I'm not sure if this is the right place for my problem, but i think it is.
I can't find any mention of it on here, but on the official SPB forum, there is this thread about it http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24787

My problem is that new SMS and new eMails (and probably missed calls too) are not showing in the widgets. It shows as 0, no matter how many messages i have.

Also, i do not use outlook, i use a different account. This is fine in the lifestyle screen, as i can add a widget for any account, but on the professional screen, it seems to be outlook only. But more important is that I'd like to get the counter of unread messages to work.

(Also, I just wanted to suggest an RSS widget in case it has not yet been suggested)

Any ideas?

Last edited:

sqlmotoq

Nov 7, 2007
VGA File Corrupted

Hi all

seiya.png

VGA
http://www.4shared.com/file/102272454/7cf3886a/MSH3_seiya_VGA_by_jeje1000.html
QVGA
http://www.4shared.com/file/102272553/e35577fe/MSH3_seiya_qvga_by_jeje1000.html

ref >> http://www.mobilecustom.fr/forum/index.php/topic,1439.0.html

ENJOy

I tried to download the VGA file and the file reported a corrupt error and could not be extracted,:confused:

Quadman

Apr 30, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am really looking forward to your clocks, I know you made a bunch of good ones for TF3D. You may want to ask thomaseflert, he made a bunch. This is all that I have figured out so far.

>How To Use Tom's Clock Pack for Diamond/Touch Pro<

Extract Clock of your choice

Rename it to either va_clock_small.dat (is analog small), va_clock_now.dat (is analog medium), or va_clock_big.dat (is analog big)

Copy/Move over to Program Files/Spb Mobile Shell (you may want to back up your old file first by copying old file to Internal Storage/Storage Card or renaming to something else)

Soft Reset

Now Add Widget whichever analog clock size you chose. They all are about the size of the medium clock so I like to use that one. Plus it changes it also in the Time Panel. See below for reference.

>Toms Clock Pack<

- http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3675851&postcount=245

Were can I get the clocks for Qvga? Thx

Nicaragüense

Oct 21, 2008
How make a menu and have sliding gestures..

ok I (Turborepu) posted on modaco, a detailed way to edit the menubar to get 3 or more buttons on the screen.. I will now finish that write up here since I see that it is being cataloged here..

Make the menubar have multiple buttons and slide gestures between them

Ok a few pages back i wrote something about this.. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3687565&postcount=236 But now that the themeing(?) is really taking off, pehaps people will start being able to make/incorporate custom layout/pages into the shell.. I had at one time, 4 menu buttons on my proscreen, but reverted to the original since then. Mainly because i had just done it as a test to add swiping motions to the professional Screen..

OK.. this is for those who are willing to tinker with the xml and understand more or less what they are doing... Thanks to Windows Mobile, I learned how to tweak some xml.. I may never have tried this if it had not been for that. I had never had a reason/urge to try it.

Like my other post describing how to add three buttons, or more.. you will be able to do that here, BUT you will also be able to slide left or right between the items on your menu just like on the call log/favcontacts/spbcontacts menu.
You need to look at the menubarcontacts.xml file and the menubar.xml file..
as with the previous write up on modaco, you can save your new menu file as what ever you like.. maybe menubarslide.xml. or xdaftw.xml.. it doesnt matter, what is important is that you then edit any page that needs to use that menu, by changing the value at the top to be "<Layer Name="Menu" Dialog="MenuBarslide" />" or whatever you named your new menu file.. this will allow you to keep the original files in place incase you need to revert to them if there is a problem.. and it will make it easy to share your mod with the community.

As an example lets say you wanted to make the menu on the bottom of the screen like i had on my omnia in this pic.
sshot019_185.jpg

Just the layout from left to right, (my icons do not represent the actual pages because i did not skin them, so just because it looks like the call log icon on that pic does mean it went to the call log page.. I had from left to right, time, home, fave contacts, weather) not the part where it has no background behind the buttons.

Basically what i did, was rename the menubarcontacts.xml file to my liking, and worked on that. Here is the important thing to notice on that file.
"- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="CallLog" ID="10">
<String Name="Open" Value=":CALLLOG" />
<String Name="OpenL" Value=":CONTACTS" />
<String Name="OpenR" Value=":FAVORITES" />
<Int Name="isActive" Value="1" />
<Int Name="Replace" Value="1" />
<String Name="Backgrd" Value="MenuBackgrd" />
<String Name="Icons" Value="Icons" />
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="0" Width="48" Height="50" />
</Plugin>
- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Favorites" ID="11">
<String Name="Open" Value=":FAVORITES" />
<String Name="OpenL" Value=":CALLLOG" />
<String Name="OpenR" Value=":CONTACTS" />
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="50" Width="48" Height="50" />
</Plugin>
- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Contacts" ID="12">
<String Name="Open" Value=":CONTACTS" />
<String Name="OpenL" Value=":FAVORITES" />
<String Name="OpenR" Value=":CALLLOG" />
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="100" Width="48" Height="50" />
</Plugin>"
This refers to the buttons on the existing spb call log/favcontacts/spbcontacts pages. If you notice, for the button called calllog, you will see the values open and openl openr. so that basically means that when you press that button, you get call log, and when you are on calllog, and you swipe left(openl) or swipe right(openr) you get that page to show. in this case contacts for left , favorites for right.

So the first order of business was to add/edit these for however many menu pages i want. the same rules apply it like the other write up.. any plugin you add to the bottom of this list will be on top of previous buttons if they happen to overlap. For my menu I was removing the calllog and contacts from this list, so you can delete those entries.(note: that if you remove these from this menu, and you want them to be independant pages, like times and weather are normally, you will need to make the calllog.xml and spbcontacts.xml files use menubar2 instead of menubarcontacts. Then you can get to them from the panels/carousel page and they will have the close button.) Then you need to add the entries for the pages you want on your menu. For this example I added Home, time and weather.
like this:
"- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Home" ID="13">
<String Name="Open" Value=":HOME" />
<String Name="OpenL" Value=":CONTACTS" />
</Plugin>"
.. do this for the other 2 pages too..
once you have all the items on the list you need to figure out the order you want them to show on your screen, and edit the values to reflect that layout.
"- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Home" ID="13">
<String Name="Open" Value=":HOME" />
<String Name="OpenL" Value=":TIME" />

</Plugin>"
Do that for all the buttons, you can draw out the pages on a piece of paper or something to keep track of how you need to edit that order.
Then you are ready to play with the actual layouts. BUT if you want to skin the buttons you will find the images in "qa_misc_now.dat" or their respective equivalents for the other resolutions.
" <String Name="Icons" Value="Icons" />
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="0" Width="48" Height="50" />"
seems to refer to the name/place in the icons image file that your icon is located on. So technically you could edit the existing file, or make a new one in the qa_misc_now.dat, and adjust the values here. The y value is the location down on the bitmap that this particular icon is on. since the icons in that image file are 50 pixels tall, if you need the 3rd one down on that image, you would put Y="100", the fourth would be 150.. the little house icon is 300..

Last edited:

Nicaragüense

Oct 21, 2008
once you edit all this, which just defines the buttons that will be present on this menu, you can finally edit the actual layout.. this obviously depends on the device resolution. in the case of the omnia, the 240x320 and 320x240 is the one we edit since we are only really dealing with the width and not height.. we start editing the part of the layout called "default"

" </Plugin>
- <Plugin Name="CallLog">
<BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="92" Height="50" />
<Rect Name="SelRect" X="44" Y="0" Width="48" Height="50" />
<Point Name="BkNormal" X="0" Y="50" />
<Point Name="BkSelect" X="0" Y="100" />
</Plugin>
- <Plugin Name="Favorites">
<BoundRect X="92" Y="0" Width="56" Height="50" />
<Rect Name="SelRect" X="0" Y="0" Width="56" Height="50" />
<Point Name="BkNormal" X="94" Y="50" />
<Point Name="BkSelect" X="94" Y="100" />
</Plugin>
- <Plugin Name="Contacts">
<BoundRect X="148" Y="0" Width="92" Height="50" />
<Rect Name="SelRect" X="0" Y="0" Width="48" Height="50" />
<Point Name="BkNormal" X="146" Y="50" />
<Point Name="BkSelect" X="146" Y="100" />
</Plugin>"
you'd have to replace the names with the ones your plugin is named.. In this case favorites will stay, since i am using it, but i will replace calllog and contacts with time weather and home, obviously i need to add one more, since there needs to be 4. I split my screen into 5 buttons, since I have 4 and the last one on the right is the menu button. depending on the size you made your icons and what not, this will be different, BUT for me, i made it easy and kept them at 48 wide.. soo...
" <BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="48" Height="50" />
<Rect Name="SelRect" X="0" Y="0" Width="48" Height="50" />
<Point Name="BkNormal" X="0" Y="50" />
<Point Name="BkSelect" X="0" Y="100" />"
for the first button on the left,
" <BoundRect X="48" Y="0" Width="48" Height="50" />
<Rect Name="SelRect" X="48" Y="0" Width="48" Height="50" />
<Point Name="BkNormal" X="48" Y="50" />
<Point Name="BkSelect" X="48" Y="100" />"
as the second button.
the x values for the next would have been 96 then 144..
after editing this you will edit the layout in landscape too..
You can add extra separators in between the buttons by adding more in the plugins section at the top, like separator4. then editing the "normal" layout.. and just adjusting the values..
I also replaced the close button, originally with the panels button and i just yanked the plugin code from the menubar.xml file and played with the settings. i hope this helps understand how to modify this a bit more..

After editing this menu file, remember to go back and edit the lockscreen, weather, favcontacts, and time xml files to use menubar file you just edited.

Hmm...I tried that...doesn't work for me!:(

2 things

1 . forget abt renaming it , it dint work for me either.

So i just replaced the clock.exe file.

If u need the original file the link to download it is located in post 2 .
( i never miss it as i dont feel the need to change the time )

2. use total commander, it works better in replacing system files better than resco ( but navigating in TC is not very comfortable if u use HTC HD or any pure touch screen phone)

I cannot have ms3 lifetsyle widget and 3xcab to work together
MS3 Lifestyle Widgets (Pro Series)
- WVGA/QVGA : http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=197
- WVGA/WQVGA/QVGA (zip files) : http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=218

Add SPB Menu button to main screen
Call SPB Menu from the main screen, with a button between Launcher and Contacts buttons on the bottom - use < attached CAB >
Caution: This will overwrite your qa_layouts.dat customizations, so make a backup!

boufa

One more piece of potentially worthless info, I however am using it. Below is a list of icon and their image # for registry editing. NOTE: If you change an icon on a widget that is also a group on your launcher screen it works a little funny. I have my launcher screen replicated via widgets on one page of my lifestyle screen. I use those widgets 90% of the time. I stat out of the launcher most of the time. Changing the image # to anything other than 0-7 will give you the "tools" icon on the launcher screen, and the correct icon on the widget.
I have not found a way in the registry to change the widget icon without changing the launcher icon.

Here's the list, do with it what you will. (Note also I am naming these icons based on my interpretation of what they are... I could be wrong, some of them are like ink blot tests)

101 Calender
102 Tasks
103 Notes
104 Games Folder
105 Calc
106 Search Folder
107 Lock
108 Shopping Cart w/Green Check
109 Contact
110 SPB Logo
111 Chart W/coin
112 SPB Games Logo
113 Mobile Mail
114 Green Circle w/ Colored Dots
115 Mobile Music
116 Webmail
117 Yellow Star (Favorites)
118 Schedule Sync (?)
119 IE Logo
120 Search
121 MS Messenger
122 Open Mail
123 MSN Butterfly
124 Calender transfer (?)
125 Calender in folder (?)
126 Transfer
127 Win Media Player
128 Gear on Folder
129 Camera
130 Picture
131 Video Camera
132 Media Player in an evelope
133 Action Photo
134 Contact Photo
135 Stopwatch
136 Word
137 Excel
138 Reset
139 Send Contact
140 Windows Folder
141 Power Point
142 Mobile device in yellow box (?)
143 SPB Logo
144 Multicolor Pie Chart
145 Blank
146 Calender w/Pencil
147 Today
148 Tomorrow
149 Week view
150 Month View

Before I do the rest, I am wondering if these are different for each phone. If someone could test them out, I will do more. Turns out they are in order, go to the spb menu customizer, this is the order they are listed in my phone.

casinatorcxc

Feb 28, 2009
Is there anyway to change the up/down gesture so that something else opens besides switching between the professional and lifestyle layouts? I would really like to be able to start on the lifestyle layout (being able to go left and right) and when I swipe up have the contact carousel open. I do know how to make it a hardware button but I think it would be better if I could replace the professional layout. If this is at all a possibility please let me know.

Thanks!

Nicaragüense

Oct 21, 2008
Is there anyway to change the up/down gesture so that something else opens besides switching between the professional and lifestyle layouts? I would really like to be able to start on the lifestyle layout (being able to go left and right) and when I swipe up have the contact carousel open. I do know how to make it a hardware button but I think it would be better if I could replace the professional layout. If this is at all a possibility please let me know.

Thanks!

NOt that i have figured out, but i'm not that savvy about all this either.. it would seem to me that it is written into the program itself. so certain behaviors are choosen by the type of page it is. That is decided in the values somewhere in the xml. they can be changed to make, for instance, the professional page behave like the lifestyle page, but then you get the menu from the lifestyle page instead of the one from the pro page(so you wont have the option to go to the lifestyle page, and a up/down swipe will bring you to the pro page again since its like that by default.The lifestyle page can be accessed from the panels/carousel still though.) .. maybe some will figure out how to change these setting eventually..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.