[GAME] Sheep jump : 8-bit for Android 2.2+

Search This thread

Riptide099

Jan 8, 2013
Cape Town
//IMPORTANT UPDATE

There is a NEW version of the game out, as it has been rebooted :) Please check the following link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.za.rainisfalling.sheepjump

Hi all,

I just released my first game for Android, and plan on doing multiple updates with new features and levels.

Get it here: (I'm not allowed to post links yet, so search for 'Sheep Jump : 8-bit' or 'RainIsFalling')

Challenge your timing skills against an infinite course of jumps in this FREE 8-bit styled game! Sheep Jump is filled with close shaves and tense moments, and encourages you to compete for your rankings and earn your place on our high score leaderboards.

Your sheep is put against a course of jumps of different sizes. Use different combinations of big and small jumps by tapping the left and right-hand-side of the screen, and hold your breath when the gaps are tight. There is no easy way around and this game leaves little room for error. Additional points are awarded for jumps that cut it exceptionally close.

FEATURES:
•Retro 8-bit graphics
•Infinite amount playtime
•Endless level
•Unpredictable jumps
•Controlled physics
•Global Leaderboard
•Classic 8-bit music
•An adorable jumping sheep!

waYaCXB_ssw8pLjLH_OkB_gXtS8dTgllKtkBX-zDdMasXpEdM3AhM8Jczc2nbQpmWw=w705

Thanks for your support! I'd appreciate any downloads, ratings, reviews, tips and suggestions. Advice would be especially appreciated. I'm 17 years old so I'm really new to mobile development.

-Riptide099

EDIT***********************************************

Thank you for the front page feature! It has helped tremendously.
I am working on some of the issues and suggestions mentioned in this thread. :)

Twitter: @sheepjump
Facebook /sheepjumpmobile

Last edited:

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
1st why do we have to register to play ?
2nd would be nice to have a score
3rd my sheep is terminator first I started jumping then I noticed that he could destroy block on his way ...

[edit] it seems that after register the game start without the hud that why I was asking for a score, when you loose the sheep keep running but the score stops.

Last edited:

Nerothank

Jan 29, 2010
Hmm.
On my HOX (latest Firmware, stock ROM) the game starts. But as I try to register and begin to type my username I have no chances on getting to the next input box because HTC has removed the "hide keyboard" button...
Any chance to put kind of a "next-button" next to the input boxes ;)?

Reactions: Riptide099

Riptide099

Jan 8, 2013
Cape Town
Soon

great game
it stutters on my gnex when the advertisement changes

Doesn't work in Htc One S. The image of the game is too big and I can`t choose user and password. Tested on Xperia Ray and it worked flawlessly. Maybe its a qHD resolution problem in the game.

Same here, qHD seems to be not supported. It's a shame because this game looks really promising.

Hmm.
On my HOX (latest Firmware, stock ROM) the game starts. But as I try to register and begin to type my username I have no chances on getting to the next input box because HTC has removed the "hide keyboard" button...
Any chance to put kind of a "next-button" next to the input boxes ;)?

I appreciate all your input, and will do my best to work on some of these issues this coming weekend.

Reactions: Nerothank

bunchies

Dec 30, 2012
Land of Ooo
hey, awesome game ive been playing it for an hour maybe more lol :good:

just thought id give feedback. the game seems to make my phone run very hott and uses alot of power, idk if it should but i do have games that are more graphic/cpu intensive and those don't get that bad

there's also a small stutter that happens every so often (Using a Htc Rezound btw)

EDIT: The game continues to run at 15% after rebooting. ive rebooted a few times and it still runs by its self
Please fix this

(RESOLVED)

Last edited:

Riptide099

Jan 8, 2013
Cape Town
hey, awesome game ive been playing it for an hour maybe more lol :good:

just thought id give feedback. the game seems to make my phone run very hott and uses alot of power, idk if it should but i do have games that are more graphic/cpu intensive and those don't get that bad

there's also a small stutter that happens every so often (Using a Htc Rezound btw)

EDIT: The game continues to run at 15% after rebooting. ive rebooted a few times and it still runs by its self
Please fix this

Wow thanks! Yes I understand that it's cpu intensive. I'm trying to find a way to fix the problem. It's not actually the graphics causing it, as they are simple, but it's the collision detection for the boxes. I have optimized the code a lot already, but I must try and get another way.

And the frame stutter is during every advert change. Also working on this.

Thank you very much for your input

DesertHawk

Nov 19, 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Twitter: @SheepJump

More Animals? It works great on the Galaxy Note II, Sensation (XL) not the qHD one and even my little Arm6 ZTE Blade 2. However it stutters for less than a second when opening the app on the Note 2 however it doesnt annoy me anyway so yeah, 5 stars from me XD :highfive::good::good:

Reactions: Riptide099

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    //IMPORTANT UPDATE

There is a NEW version of the game out, as it has been rebooted :) Please check the following link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.za.rainisfalling.sheepjump

Hi all,

I just released my first game for Android, and plan on doing multiple updates with new features and levels.

Get it here: (I'm not allowed to post links yet, so search for 'Sheep Jump : 8-bit' or 'RainIsFalling')

Challenge your timing skills against an infinite course of jumps in this FREE 8-bit styled game! Sheep Jump is filled with close shaves and tense moments, and encourages you to compete for your rankings and earn your place on our high score leaderboards.

Your sheep is put against a course of jumps of different sizes. Use different combinations of big and small jumps by tapping the left and right-hand-side of the screen, and hold your breath when the gaps are tight. There is no easy way around and this game leaves little room for error. Additional points are awarded for jumps that cut it exceptionally close.

FEATURES:
    •Retro 8-bit graphics
    •Infinite amount playtime
    •Endless level
    •Unpredictable jumps
    •Controlled physics
    •Global Leaderboard
    •Classic 8-bit music
    •An adorable jumping sheep!

waYaCXB_ssw8pLjLH_OkB_gXtS8dTgllKtkBX-zDdMasXpEdM3AhM8Jczc2nbQpmWw=w705

Thanks for your support! I'd appreciate any downloads, ratings, reviews, tips and suggestions. Advice would be especially appreciated. I'm 17 years old so I'm really new to mobile development.

-Riptide099

EDIT***********************************************

Thank you for the front page feature! It has helped tremendously.

Twitter: @sheepjump
    great game
    it stutters on my gnex when the advertisement changes
    Doesn't work in Htc One S. The image of the game is too big and I can`t choose user and password. Tested on Xperia Ray and it worked flawlessly. Maybe its a qHD resolution problem in the game.

Same here, qHD seems to be not supported. It's a shame because this game looks really promising.