FORUMS

OTG Adapter and Canon EOS 60d or rebel 3

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By miniprint, Junior Member on 30th October 2012, 04:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought a OTG adapter in ebay and used the canon USB cable to connect the huawei media pad 7 with my canon eos 60d. All tried programs did not see the camera. The OTG cable works fine with ntfs 3 TB USB 3.0 harddisk, USB Stick, keyboard and mouse.

The canon usb cable works with my Asus PC and the canon programs.

I have no idea, why the camera did not work with the tablet.

I forgot: USB Device Info says, that there is a canon camera.
25th January 2013, 12:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OTG adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniprint

I bought a OTG adapter in ebay and used the canon USB cable to connect the huawei media pad 7 with my canon eos 60d. All tried programs did not see the camera. The OTG cable works fine with ntfs 3 TB USB 3.0 harddisk, USB Stick, keyboard and mouse.

The canon usb cable works with my Asus PC and the canon programs.

I have no idea, why the camera did not work with the tablet.

I forgot: USB Device Info says, that there is a canon camera.

The android application stack doesn't support OTG. the underlying Linux OS stack does, so os level support is there, but android apps can't see/aren't allowed to see the usb device. If you root your device, some individual apps may be able to fake it.

search for "USB Host Diagnostics" and "USB Device Info" on google play, they are two apps that will tell you all you need to know about how well your device (whether its a springboard or something else) actually supports OTG. I have found only a few tablets that fully implement the entire stack for all aspects of the USB device/app chain from the factory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)