FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][GT-P31XX][JB][4.1.2] Android Open Kang Project | ROMs and Kernels | Milestone 1

475 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,233

By cmenard, Retired Recognized Developer on 17th September 2012, 10:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2013, 06:34 AM |#591  
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 820

More
Re: [ROM][GT-P31XX][JB][4.1.2] Android Open Kang Project | ROMs and Kernels | Milesto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzleh85

Anyway to enable portrait mode. Tried everything

Make sure rotation isn't locked. Make sure its enabled in settings. It must have some how gotten locked in landscape mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary

What in the world is that? My tablet works in portrait and landscape just fine. What's your issue? No apps at all work on portrait?

Takes half the time to help someone than it does to tell them off and be a jerk. If you don't want to help then ignore them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottx . For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scottx . Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 06:56 AM |#592  
Thanks Meter: 1,575

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][GT-P31XX][JB][4.1.2] Android Open Kang Project | ROMs and Kernels | Milesto
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottx .

Make sure rotation isn't locked. Make sure its enabled in settings. It must have some how gotten locked in landscape mode.

Takes half the time to help someone than it does to tell them off and be a jerk. If you don't want to help then ignore them.

What in the world are you talking about? Wow. I am asking what the issue is with portrait, mine works. Usually when auto rotate is disabled it keeps it in portrait, not landscape. How in the world did you conclude I was being a jerk? I won't coddle anyone, but in NO way was my reply being rude or trying to be a jerk, so you can get off the high horse.
25th January 2013, 07:17 AM |#593  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 686

More
Quote:

What in the world is that? My tablet works in portrait and landscape just fine. What's your issue? No apps at all work on portrait?

If you read my post you would know what I asked. I love when people answer a question with a question. Do you need it in bold or in some form made for handicapped lol. Got it working not thanks to your help. But hey next time I know who to ask!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:

Well said and thanks again. Quick fix and much appreciated. Awesome ROM and great DD.
25th January 2013, 07:42 AM |#594  
Flag San Antonio, Texas

More
Quote:

What in the world are you talking about? Wow. I am asking what the issue is with portrait, mine works. Usually when auto rotate is disabled it keeps it in portrait, not landscape. How in the world did you conclude I was being a jerk? I won't coddle anyone, but in NO way was my reply being rude or trying to be a jerk, so you can get off the high horse.

Nope. I'm staying on this high horse because I was writing Linux code on slackware in 1998. Where were you at? Being born?

If you don't want to be helpful the don't post anything. Didn't your parents ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything?
The Following User Says Thank You to scottx . For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scottx . Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 07:56 AM |#595  

Donate to Me
More
Edited because I came across harsher than I wanted to, for me. Just frustrating that something could be replied to with such harsh words towards me without even asking if I was attempting to be a jerk. What frightens me most, is no matter how many times I reread my initial response, I can't see how I'm being a jerk, or how in my second one I'm being called handicapped and someone trying to crack a joke about me. Bleh.

Quote:

If you read my post you would know what I asked. I love when people answer a question with a question. Do you need it in bold or in some form made for handicapped lol. Got it working not thanks to your help. But hey next time I know who to ask!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Well said and thanks again. Quick fix and much appreciated. Awesome ROM and great DD.

You asked how to enable portrait mode. If you meant portrait ONLY mode, that's different. By default, the tab works both in portrait and landscape. Your question makes it seem like you couldn't get portrait to work at all. Why don't you re read it and see how it is lacking in clarity. Your question was inaccurate. Oh well, can't wait to get rid of this tab and be free from this, lol. Shrug.

How to enable portrait mode? = I can't get into portrait at all
How to enable portrait ONLY mode? = I only want portrait

Those are two completely different things, unless the rules of logic are out the window

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote:

Nope. I'm staying on this high horse because I was writing Linux code on slackware in 1998. Where were you at? Being born?

If you don't want to be helpful the don't post anything. Didn't your parents ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything?

So was I 2 years later, lol. My parents taught me you tell people the truth. My initial post that you replied to was in no way being a jerk. You try to insult me, yet act righteous. Interesting. I didn't say anything negative to you as a person short of getting off the high horse, as again, my initial response was NOT rude. Damn I hate where the world is going when me asking for clarity gets construed as being a jerk, ha.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I'm done with this forum. I suppose all the thanks I get for helping people, or the PMs I reply to are pointless. Never had an issue before with you scottx and actually respected you, but that's totally out the window now. Sad.

Won't reply and give this any more attention. To op, hopefully something good and new is in the pipeline for this great little device! I enjoyed your builds a lot.
25th January 2013, 01:23 PM |#596  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

That is an attractive theme! Please share the name/link
The Following User Says Thank You to ufizo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ufizo Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 02:27 PM |#597  
Flag San Antonio, Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufizo

That is an attractive theme! Please share the name/link

I switch between a couple themes. You'll love them all!

Try searching here for these, search title only! (Advanced search)

AlloyUI, BlueMint and alphaBlue. I'm on the tab or I'd copy and paste all the links. They're easy to find. BlueMint just came out yesterday so its the one I'm using right now on both phone and tablet.

Here's BlueMint: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2116195

Sorry for being off topic. Anyone needs me send me a pm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottx . For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scottx . Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 03:08 PM |#598  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 686

More
Quote:

Edited because I came across harsher than I wanted to, for me. Just frustrating that something could be replied to with such harsh words towards me without even asking if I was attempting to be a jerk. What frightens me most, is no matter how many times I reread my initial response, I can't see how I'm being a jerk, or how in my second one I'm being called handicapped and someone trying to crack a joke about me. Bleh.

You asked how to enable portrait mode. If you meant portrait ONLY mode, that's different. By default, the tab works both in portrait and landscape. Your question makes it seem like you couldn't get portrait to work at all. Why don't you re read it and see how it is lacking in clarity. Your question was inaccurate. Oh well, can't wait to get rid of this tab and be free from this, lol. Shrug.

How to enable portrait mode? = I can't get into portrait at all
How to enable portrait ONLY mode? = I only want portrait

Those are two completely different things, unless the rules of logic are out the window

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

So was I 2 years later, lol. My parents taught me you tell people the truth. My initial post that you replied to was in no way being a jerk. You try to insult me, yet act righteous. Interesting. I didn't say anything negative to you as a person short of getting off the high horse, as again, my initial response was NOT rude. Damn I hate where the world is going when me asking for clarity gets construed as being a jerk, ha.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I'm done with this forum. I suppose all the thanks I get for helping people, or the PMs I reply to are pointless. Never had an issue before with you scottx and actually respected you, but that's totally out the window now. Sad.

Won't reply and give this any more attention. To op, hopefully something good and new is in the pipeline for this great little device! I enjoyed your builds a lot.

Taking things a little to personal. Never said you were being a jerk. I just say stupid shi* following the stupid shi* said by others, wait...LOL
25th January 2013, 04:03 PM |#599  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
I've flashed this ROM two days ago, after 15 minutes of tweaking and settings I think this is the best ROM for costum modding and for speed.
No lag! I've update the nova launcher because it was old (I use stable release "milestone")

Now I can play NFS most wanted without going crazy for the lower fps from the other 2 ROMs (stock and CM10)

Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aliendex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aliendex Ad-Free
25th January 2013, 04:52 PM |#600  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Taking things a little to personal. Never said you were being a jerk. I just say stupid shi* following the stupid shi* said by others, wait...LOL

Jerk comment came from Scott not you, but meh. I'm just not going to try helping anymore lol. All good. Again I'm happy you got it resolved.
26th January 2013, 10:26 AM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
hello could you tell me which version I install? the nighlty or official?
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)