[ROM][SGH-T889 / t0ltetmo][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 official nightlies

Search This thread

huyaroo

Sep 30, 2009
Re: [ROM][SGH-T889 / t0lte][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Mine shows up as 3g when it's idle and not doing anything but as soon as you download something, big it will switch to hspa.

kabuk1

I've gone back and forth between CM.10/AOKP etc. and touchwiz. Each time I've flashed madmack's SD card script after flashing the TW rom and have had no issues. For whatever reason tonight I went from CM10.1 back to JediX9 and flashed the script as I normally would.

For whatever reason tonight it didn't work and now I can't see the contents of my SD card when I'm in recovery. I tried pushing the script to the cache folder using root explorer so I could re-flash the script, but it didn't do anything. So now I can't access anything in recovery to re-flash.

Any ideas?

This happened to me yesterday and I ended up having to format the card. Is the card readable in your computer? If so you may not be hosed like I was. CM roms are not compatible with exFAT & will corrupt your card, which I knew when I started out, but I thought I had it formatted as FAT32 so I assumed I was ok. I was wrong. I lost all my data, including the irreplaceable pictures from my dad's funeral & his wake. I tried to recover the data using Photorec & I was able to get most of it back but not all of it. The funeral pics seem to be the only files that weren't recoverable & I'm absolutely heartsick right now :C I used to use dropbox picture upload but turned it off to conserve data before Tmo had unlimited, and I'm kicking myself now for never turning it back on. Aargh. Sorry, just had to vent a little. Lesson of the day- BACK UP YOUR CARDS FREQUENTLY! I never thought a catastrophic data loss would happen to me until it did :crying:

madmack

Yep, we did it again! Our opensource audio HAL seems to work almost fine.
Incall earpiece, speaker, mic and bluetooth are working. A2dp works also.
Since Google Now works properly i assume the Camcorder will be fine, too.
Headset is working as well.

Download: cm-10.1-20130125-UNOFFICIAL-t0lte.zip
Please test it.

Known bugs:
- mic mute broken during calls

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix

Awesome... thats alot of fixes in a very short amount of time

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak

Please test it.

Known bugs:

Google search still doesn't hear me.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

dw9906

Jun 24, 2010
Terre Haute, IN
www.facebook.com

Please test it.

Known bugs:

How's progress coming along on the data icon issue?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bhilgeman

Apr 21, 2009
South Cackalacky

Is there a zip somewhere to add soft Nav buttons?

Sent from iPod shuffle.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

This happened to me yesterday and I ended up having to format the card. Is the card readable in your computer? If so you may not be hosed like I was. CM roms are not compatible with exFAT & will corrupt your card, which I knew when I started out, but I thought I had it formatted as FAT32 so I assumed I was ok. I was wrong. I lost all my data, including the irreplaceable pictures from my dad's funeral & his wake. I tried to recover the data using Photorec & I was able to get most of it back but not all of it. The funeral pics seem to be the only files that weren't recoverable & I'm absolutely heartsick right now :C I used to use dropbox picture upload but turned it off to conserve data before Tmo had unlimited, and I'm kicking myself now for never turning it back on. Aargh. Sorry, just had to vent a little. Lesson of the day- BACK UP YOUR CARDS FREQUENTLY! I never thought a catastrophic data loss would happen to me until it did :crying:

Sorry you lost your pics. That's awful. I would suggest using instant upload within the Google+ app as well. This way your pics and videos get backed up to Google servers without you even thinking about it.

Sent from my iPod Shuffle

Reactions: kabuk1

dw9906

Jun 24, 2010
Terre Haute, IN
www.facebook.com

Try using the latest modem ll4 been using it and it happens less if jot at all.

I'm on the very latest modem.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

none of us is able to replicate the issue on the n7105 or i317. no progress i'm afraid.

I can help with any debugging you need. I can do a video, logcat, whatever you need. I'd love to help fix it. I'm no noob at all, so I can help debug.

Reactions: badpanda

madmack

I'm on the very latest modem.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I can help with any debugging you need. I can do a video, logcat, whatever you need. I'd love to help fix it. I'm no noob at all, so I can help debug.

I suspect RILJ to be the culprit here. To debug that, you need to "adb logcat -b radio" and then when you lose the signs, look for "RILJ" outputs and see if there are any errors, null returns, or anything "abnormal" compared to when you the icons are actually displayed.

Once you figure out which RILJ command is not returning the correct values, or if RILC is crashing itself.. then post these to pastebin and we can try to work around them.

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010

I mean it works. It just doesn't hear me.

Hears me perfectly fine. I've asked about the weather about 30 times today lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Instagram: The_whitekanye
Twitter: The_whitekanye

Reactions: Hoezack

kabuk1

Sorry you lost your pics. That's awful. I would suggest using instant upload within the Google+ app as well. This way your pics and videos get backed up to Google servers without you even thinking about it.

Sent from my iPod Shuffle

Thanks, I'm still pretty upset but I'm trying to look at it like it was meant to be, like it was his way of telling me he wanted me to remember him the way he was in life & not in death. I'll definitely try the G+ thing too. I'll be making backups of my backups from now on, for sure.

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008

There are programs that can recover lost and deleted files from SD cards.. I've used em myself with good luck.. :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

dw9906

Jun 24, 2010
Terre Haute, IN
www.facebook.com

I suspect RILJ to be the culprit here. To debug that, you need to "adb logcat -b radio" and then when you lose the signs, look for "RILJ" outputs and see if there are any errors, null returns, or anything "abnormal" compared to when you the icons are actually displayed.

Once you figure out which RILJ command is not returning the correct values, or if RILC is crashing itself.. then post these to pastebin and we can try to work around them.

Will that still be useful since HSPA+ (4g) still works fine when it happens, just has no icon present. Only UMTS (3g) shows.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Scartaris12

Feb 21, 2012

Very sorry to hear about that the pictures. I can't imagine.:(. I just lost my mom a few months ago suddenly so I can sympathize with you there. I had a lot of google voicemails backed up and I ended up going in and deleting them a few weeks before she passed. I'm sure there were hundreds of voicemails from her in there, and now they're gone.

Just to clarify. This is my internal SD card. I have no external installed. All the contents is still on the internal card and easily accessed just by attached a USB cable. I can also see everything with a file explorer and easily access them. The problem is just that I can't see anything in recovery. Only system level folders are viewable. The only way to flash anything is to push a ROM to a system level folder using root explorer. So that's not a big deal. It's just annoying that I have to take that extra step to flash something.

I'm wondering if I reflash a CM10 ROM and try again if the script will work this time?

kabuk1

There are programs that can recover lost and deleted files from SD cards.. I've used em myself with good luck.. :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Yeah, I've been running various free ones all day & they're all finding everything BUT the important photos. *le sigh* I'm running one more & if it doesn't find them, I think I may just have to content myself with my memories :/

Very sorry to hear about that the pictures. I can't imagine.. I just lost my mom a few months ago suddenly so I can sympathize with you there. I had a lot of google voicemails backed up and I ended up going in and deleting them a few weeks before she passed. I'm sure there were hundreds of voicemails from her in there, and now they're gone.

Just to clarify. This is my internal SD card. I have no external installed. All the contents is still on the internal card and easily accessed just by attached a USB cable. I can also see everything with a file explorer and easily access them. The problem is just that I can't see anything in recovery. Only system level folders are viewable. The only way to flash anything is to push a ROM to a system level folder using root explorer. So that's not a big deal. It's just annoying that I have to take that extra step to flash something.

I'm wondering if I reflash a CM10 ROM and try again if the script will work this time?

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry about your mom & the voicemails, that sucks :( I still have a bunch of google voicemails from my dad that I'm gonna record & backup. It's amazing how precious a few words like "Hey it's dad, gimme a call back!" become once you know you'll never hear that voice again. Ugh I'm gonna cry again, I better stop, lol.

As for your internal card- I'd actually try reinstalling your recovery. I had a similar issue where CWM just stopped installing anything at all, it just gave me the little passed-out android icon every time with known good zips. I reinstalled it via rom manager, and then it worked just fine. Just something to try at least.

EDIT: I got my pictures back! Easeus data recovery tool finally worked. So freaking happy right now :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ptfdmedic

witeboy07

Feb 24, 2010
ChiRak

I'm afraid I will have to go back to touchwiz. My mic doesn't work. Camera. Or Google search. ;/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wik: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/T0lte_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GSM), or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

Downgrading to 4.1.x ROMs:
    - After flashing your 4.1 ROM, flash the attached file to move your sdcard content out of the 0/ subfolder.

CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=t0ltetmo

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#t0ltetmo/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

cqzsTl.png
    ciPQWl.png
    Smpv0l.png

o5NZFl.png
    eAJJIl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    AW: [ROM][SGH-T889 / t0lte][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

The CM devs do not follow this thread I don't believe.

Carbon 1.5 | Kroz Hue Brown Theme | Crack Flasher

we don't?

we follow it but ignore all posts without logs and proper problem descriptions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Excited about 4.3. The low volume is still a pain the butt with the latest nightly in the meantime. Seems like turning up all variables still results in my phone whispering to me.

If you go to Settings --> Advanced --> Audio ---> In-call Volumes / Streaming Volumes, and reset to default, you will actually restore all the audio to full volume. Setting those sliders to anything else results in whisper-quiet audio. The sliders are definitely broken so don't touch them.
    Support has not ended guys.

bluetooth in call is shared on other variants and so it will get fixed eventually. Just have patience. I'm not finding much free time to work on this nowadays but I do have a look from time to time.

For the other issue such as signal bars disappearing: I simply don't even know how to fix this because I have the AT&T variant and this problem doesn't exhibit itself here.

Call echo: working on this next. I have an idea what might be causing it for you t-mo guys.

If I abandon this (might happen!), I'll let you guys know. Don't worry ;)
    AW: [ROM][SGH-T889 / t0lte][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

The last M release was about a month ago, so here's hoping.

I'm thinking we'll have to wait a bit more though because i think the next M will be 4.2.2-based.

Of course, that could just be wishful thinking on my part too lol

currently none of the exynos4 devices will get M builds. still to much issues left.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app