[MOD] Enable unlimited USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth tethering.

Search This thread

braddman

Feb 17, 2008
Anyone able to assist? I just don't know if I did this right. I am on 4.1.2 and I flashed Modded LK7 Odexed and I still get the nag to subscribe.

NMonster69

Jul 19, 2009
Apopka, FL.
Anyone able to assist? I just don't know if I did this right. I am on 4.1.2 and I flashed Modded LK7 Odexed and I still get the nag to subscribe.

It bootlooped me so I dont know what to think. One other user said it worked for him. I was mostly stock when I did this. Once I restored back to the original files, google play store kept stopping. Gave up and loaded Scott's AT&T Clean rom which has this enabled by default. No bluetooth tethering though. Once I get my phone set back up and fully backed up, I am going back to trying this again as I would love to have bluetooth teathering. Need to go back and check if this rom is deodexed before I venture on. God luck with whaterver you try and let us know what works for you.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

I wiped the cache and davlik caches too to no avail. Forgot to mention that.

Scott's ROM is deodexed, so I guess I need to load that version on mine to get the bluetooth teathering enable, so for here on out, I wont be trying to load what you are so what I do going forward wont apply. I didnt see anyone having issues with the deodex version, so I hope this all works out in the end. I just wish I didnt need bluetooth teathering so much. WIFI just uses too much power compared to BT for both devices involved.

braddman

Feb 17, 2008
It bootlooped me so I dont know what to think. One other user said it worked for him. I was mostly stock when I did this. Once I restored back to the original files, google play store kept stopping. Gave up and loaded Scott's AT&T Clean rom which has this enabled by default. No bluetooth tethering though. Once I get my phone set back up and fully backed up, I am going back to trying this again as I would love to have bluetooth teathering. Need to go back and check if this rom is deodexed before I venture on. God luck with whaterver you try and let us know what works for you.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

I wiped the cache and davlik caches too to no avail. Forgot to mention that.

Scott's ROM is deodexed, so I guess I need to load that version on mine to get the bluetooth teathering enable, so for here on out, I wont be trying to load what you are so what I do going forward wont apply. I didnt see anyone having issues with the deodex version, so I hope this all works out in the end. I just wish I didnt need bluetooth teathering so much. WIFI just uses too much power compared to BT for both devices involved.

So you're thinking if I flasj yje cleanrom then the deodexed modded I'll be alright?

NMonster69

Jul 19, 2009
Apopka, FL.
So you're thinking if I flasj yje cleanrom then the deodexed modded I'll be alright?

It worked for me. I installed TWRP through goo so that I could load this rom. Not sure if you have to be rooted to do this step as I was already rooted. If you are not currently rooted, go to the app store and install the exynos exploit to root yourself. Download clean rom 1.2 to your sd card.

Boot into recovery and wipe cache/davlik cache and wipe your device before installing new rom. I did it sitting on the beach with female distractions all around, so it really is quite easy. The new rom is already rooted and deodexed and teathering is enabled.

This rom is the exact same rome as the stock at&t rom with all of the AT&T bloatware removed. I love it so far. Add's allot more toggles and you can configure the toggles that you want and dont want. I am glad I was forced into this actually. If you need any help, let me know. I downloaded it from www.scottsroms.com.

NMonster69

Jul 19, 2009
Apopka, FL.
Load clean rom and be done. Or another. I did clean rom so I could stay as close to stock as possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Still gonna retry the mod to try to get bluetooth teathering working though.

strikeIII

Jun 18, 2005
Chicago, IL.
Load clean rom and be done. Or another. I did clean rom so I could stay as close to stock as possible.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Still gonna retry the mod to try to get bluetooth teathering working though.

Why would you need bluetooth tethering? Isn't it slower? What am I missing here? Just wondering?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II.

NMonster69

Jul 19, 2009
Apopka, FL.
Created cleanrom compatible Zip file to enable bluetooth tethering

I finally have creaated a framework-res.apk file that enables bluetooth tethering as well. The source is from cleanrom, so would only recomend loading on that. Need to figure out how to make into a twrp installable zip file for easier installation.

For clean rom users, I have made a twrp/recovery installable zip for clean rom to enable bluetooth tethering. Pull from ftp://www.industrial-logic.com

Reactions: JdgM3NT4L

jkpdon

Feb 28, 2011
How to install

Hello

I only have note2 rooted. what else do i need to install these teatherenable.zip Should i just put in SD card and reboot in to recovery mode to install this?

Can somebody list me steps. less software install is better to complete this task!

Thanks

jkpdon

Feb 28, 2011
OK I had to do load stock ROM using ODIN since my settings kept crashing after loading teatherenable.zip using clockworkmod.

heres step i did

rooted using exynosabuse 1.40
installed clockworkmode recovery app
booted in to clockworkmod and update using zip from sd card and choose teatherenable.zip. successful. restrated the phone and bammm. settings stop working.

i booted again in to recovery 3e and clean cache and factory reset.!! no luck.

What did i do wrong

Tinmania

Nov 20, 2012
Ugh apparently this was not meant for my version as all I get is "settings has stopped" and I can't get into settings at all. Can't even change keyboard.

My version is this:
Device Product Model: SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Firmware Build: 4.1.2

Firmware Build ID: JZO54K

Firmware Build PDA: I317UCALK7

Firmware Region Code: ATT

I really am not looking forward to restoring from scratch. Right now if I can just my normal settings back I would be happy.

Michael

Last edited:

jkpdon

Feb 28, 2011
Ugh apparently this was not meant for my version as all I get is "settings has stopped" and I can't get into settings at all. Can't even change keyboard.

My version is this:
Device Product Model: SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Firmware Build: 4.1.2

Firmware Build ID: JZO54K

Firmware Build PDA: I317UCALK7

Firmware Region Code: ATT

I really am not looking forward to restoring from scratch. Right now if I can just my normal settings back I would be happy.

Michael

Micheal,

I had to ODIN stock. there's no other way to fix i believe unless some experts can shed light here. If you need stock rom then u can find it on www.sammobile.com or just search under my posts and u will find the link. make sure u reboot in recovery and clean cache and wipe data clean first then load the stock rom.

Carlrobling

Jun 14, 2010
Lafayette, IN
Micheal,

I had to ODIN stock. there's no other way to fix i believe unless some experts can shed light here. If you need stock rom then u can find it on www.sammobile.com or just search under my posts and u will find the link. make sure u reboot in recovery and clean cache and wipe data clean first then load the stock rom.

All I did was flashed stock rooted deodexed over my stock rooted and it fixed the settings stopped problem. Didn't loose data or anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. My first mod on the GNII. It's the result of ideas I had (modifying tetheringprovision.apk) and a bud (Electron73) had (modifying framework-res.apk) to restore the innate tethering ability of Android that AT$T loves to nuke for some reason...

The original idea came from Electron's thread post here and seeing as how I just got my new Note II I figured I'd try it out.. Eureka.. It works.

Again as you saw the idea was his.. Just a much cleaner mod that my modded Provision that fooled the simcard.

I've tested it on my device but as usual take the standard precautions... Back up before applying.

My phone is pure stock excluding this mod but I'm sure that'll be changing and I'll keep this up to date as I can.

Good luck and feedback is welcomed.

4Shared link - Flashable zipfile.. I use TWRP but should be fine in CWM.
    Ok try this and let me know its the stock DEODEXED lk7 framework-res with tethering.

Stock LK7 Modded
    Here you go it's a modified framework-res.apk from CleanROM ATT SE 1.0 and a CleanROM ATT SE 1.0 stock just in case something goes wrong.

Modded Framework Flashable zip

Stock Framework Flashabe zip

Grab them both just in case and flash the modded one in recovery
    Ok here you go...Stock odexed modified for tethering, and the stock files just in case something goes wrong. Both flashable in recovery.

Modded LK7 Odexed

Stock LK7 Odexed

Let me know if it works or not.
    Just to NOTE. That AT&T Lte data plan & if your on an unlimited plan than your data cap is set to 10 gigs, b4 they slow you down. :what:
    But we'll b using this thanx

Side note: when I tethered my Xbox from my phone they sent me a msg telling me about tethering plan. But just for normal use everyone will b ok. I get no msg from AT&T ever!:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium