• More awesome
  • Update to newer JB sense base
  • Theme Settings or get AOSP settings working
  • Try to get AOSP, messaging and dialer working
  • Integrate AOSP lockscreen call fix

Archive:
February 12, 2013
February 02, 2013
Original ICS build (Anyone remember the hassel that went through?, I could probably find it if anyone wants it)

Screenshots: (somewhat outdated, status bar clock color is still white for example, will update soon)
http://min.us/mxsJdoOKQvMky
Latest screenshot from 1/27 http://puu.sh/1TtgR

Last edited:

Silellak

May 17, 2012
Yay! :victory:

I've updated my standalone camera fix thread to indicate that this ROM should be the primary source for the fix going forward :)

Reactions: Sluff and bpear96

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Yay! :victory:

I've updated my standalone camera fix thread to indicate that this ROM should be the primary source for the fix going forward :)

:) Ok great, again i really appreciate you taking your time to fix that bug !

Oh and removed download link to rom real quick, turns out CM10 browser is force closing, should have tested it better before uploading lol. Link will be back up soon.

Reactions: Jeremysn

Silellak

May 17, 2012

Oh and removed download link to rom real quick, turns out CM10 browser is force closing, should have tested it better before uploading lol. Link will be back up soon.

No problem! It was fun to learn what I had to do, and it was worth it to have a working video camera again :)

Yeah I know getting AOSP browsers to work in Sense ROMs can be a pain. Not sure if it's even possible?

Reactions: sparky4017

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
Re: [ROM][1/27] RebelROM Senseless Jelly Bean

Yes thank you a senselessn jb rom with working cam :D *bows down at feet*

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Reactions: a box of kittens

Silellak

May 17, 2012
Oh, bpear, quick question. I've been getting prompts for the last week or two about updates from HTC to the Camera app and the Contacts app.

Did you install these? If so, will those updates be included with the new ROM? If not, would you recommend installing them or avoiding them?

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Oh, bpear, quick question. I've been getting prompts for the last week or two about updates from HTC to the Camera app and the Contacts app.

Did you install these? If so, will those updates be included with the new ROM? If not, would you recommend installing them or avoiding them?

Yeah I noticed that to. Seems to be HTC trying to push a updated Camera and contacts app, not sure what they updated. I included lyapotas custom HTC camera app. Also the contact app with this rom is themed, which this would overwrite. I was curious and acepted it and it seemed to fail in updating, probably because the APKS are modified. Ill try to block/remove that update prompt for next update.

Reactions: Silellak

Silellak

May 17, 2012
Yeah I noticed that to. Seems to be HTC trying to push a updated Camera and contacts app, not sure what they updated. I included lyapotas custom HTC camera app. Also the contact app with this rom is themed, which this would overwrite. I was curious and acepted it and it seemed to fail in updating, probably because the APKS are modified. Ill try to block/remove that update prompt for next update.

Yeah I knew it was a custom camera app, that's why I was reluctant to install it. Thanks for the heads-up! I've turned off the scheduled check for now.

ronnyg12

Jan 18, 2013

Thank you for your work :) being stuck on the 4.1.1 version is hard as you can only get the Sense ROMS but you fixed our temp problem :) awaiting for the download :S

never mind download is there :$ testing this out !

Last edited:
Reactions: bpear96

Silellak

May 17, 2012
I found one possible issue with my camera fix so far - videos recorded in the portrait orientation only seem to play inside the Gallery app. On my computer, they show up as mp4 files with no video.

Not really a big deal as far as I'm concerned (because you shouldn't be recording portrait videos anyway :silly:), but still something I thought was worth noting.

Of course, this could also be an issue with the camera app itself, rather than my camera fix. Hard to say for sure. I tested it with several apps, though, and it still seems to be happening, so I'm leaning toward something in the ROM.

One more thing: even though it doesn't play right on my computer, I can still upload it to YouTube directly from the phone via the YouTube app:

http://youtu.be/d1cQRRgtY50

Strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sluff

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA

As I've been on Viper and Hatka for the past 3 weeks, I forgot, how do you remove the power saver notification?

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
I found one possible issue with my camera fix so far - videos recorded in the portrait orientation only seem to play inside the Gallery app. On my computer, they show up as mp4 files with no video.

Not really a big deal as far as I'm concerned (because you shouldn't be recording portrait videos anyway :silly:), but still something I thought was worth noting.

Of course, this could also be an issue with the camera app itself, rather than my camera fix. Hard to say for sure. I tested it with several apps, though, and it still seems to be happening, so I'm leaning toward something in the ROM.

One more thing: even though it doesn't play right on my computer, I can still upload it to YouTube directly from the phone via the YouTube app:

http://youtu.be/d1cQRRgtY50

Strange.

That is strange.. can you play it with something like VLC on your computer maybe? Maybe its a bug that HTC was addressing with the camera update lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1TzOz

1TxSB

Features:

Download and changelog:
    http://www.gizmoluster.com/2013/06/63-rebelrom-update/

Wiki with credits here
    https://bitbucket.org/bpear/rebelrom-senseless-evita/wiki/Home

Coming soon/To do:
    • Less sense
    • More awesome
    • Update to newer JB sense base
    • Theme Settings or get AOSP settings working
    • Try to get AOSP, messaging and dialer working
    • Integrate AOSP lockscreen call fix

Archive:
    February 12, 2013
    February 02, 2013
    Original ICS build (Anyone remember the hassel that went through?, I could probably find it if anyone wants it)

Screenshots: (somewhat outdated, status bar clock color is still white for example, will update soon)
    http://min.us/mxsJdoOKQvMky
    Latest screenshot from 1/27 http://puu.sh/1TtgR
    when is the next update rolling out?

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
    Oh tease!! Super excited for what's to come!

It's FAST! talked to bpear last night. I'm finishing up the aosp system apps and debloat as much as I can, send it to him to get rid of everything I'm not sure of and polish it up. First build will be stock, debloated and desensed and on a major diet. After that maybe we can add some mods and tweaks ;)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Might work on something tomorrow :D while I'm likely snowed in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Got a major update coming to this guys if anyone is still interested. Bpear been super busy and I've been working on this for my personal use, whenever we get together we'll talk about collaborating everything we got to make a big update instead of me opening a new thread for another senseless Rom

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2