Originally Posted by Fishmanzero
First thank you for your nice work!
And it is possible to add support to samsung devices ( I have a Captivate i897 myself)? Tried some CM base Captivate kernels and it dosen't work.
Samsung devices are using particular kernel image layout perhaps, as well as various compress methods like bzip, lzo, etc as far as I know.
Semaphore thread for your reference. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1816087
P.S. Tool works without problem with Galaxy Nexus kernels~
Actually this is pretty straight forward. Android recovery/boot.img's usually contain both the zImage (kernel binary) and the ramdisk. Those Semaphore zips don't contain a boot.img, only the zImage, so there is nothing to split and no ramdisk to unpack. Same seems to be the case for the other kernel I looked into for this device, SpeedMod. I also tried Devil3 (from Hellybean), which has a legitimate boot.img and it actually has the same output as the Galaxy S Advance, so please also read below.
Originally Posted by frapeti
I am getting this:
i9070 boot image
Okay, so Samsung Galaxy S Advance. The kernel image I tried (CoCore) produced the same result (smiley face cmdline and eof for gzip since it didn't split correctly), so it does seem to have something different going on, possibly Samsung specific packaging for ODIN that unpackbootimg can't handle, and it's also possible it just doesn't contain a ramdisk. I'll try to look into it to be sure. Thanks for the report. For reference, the cwm recovery zips I found for this device also don't contain proper images, they only replace the recovery binary/system files, so would not be the right type of file for this project either.
Originally Posted by GEKTHEBOSS
I dont get ramdisk !
Sony xperia u cm 9.1 fxp boot.img / kernel .elf
Model/variant name kumquat.
I'll post on this in a bit since FXP is taking a million years to download.
Edit: Okay, unpackbootimg crashes trying to unpack the boot.img from FXP204-cm-9-20130126-UNOFFICIAL-kumquat because it has the wrong "magic" at the top. trevd pointed this out as a definite incompatibility for some devices a couple pages back. Trying trevd's split_img from the first page, it actually reports the "Wrong magic" error and shows that the file has an ELF header not an ANDROID!. Opening in HxD shows that there is no ANDROID! header later on as with some HTC devices, so ELF is the only header, and we're basically dealing with a different, unsupported filetype here. On the upside, there is no real gap in the data, so there might not be a ramdisk packed with it anyway.