29th January 2013, 02:31 AM |#11  
Flag Guwahati
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Re: [DEV][27/Jan/2013]Extended TWRP|v2.4.0.0.r2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Avenger

Did you try to run "Check SD Card" from "Advanced" menu?

Yeah that works fine.

The recovery doesn't seem to function properly with DataOnEXT enabled.

In normal mode, all seems OK.

Log:
http://ompldr.org/vaDlubQ

Sent with love from me to you via HTC HD2 with Tapatalk 2

29th January 2013, 07:04 AM |#12  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Re: [DEV][27/Jan/2013]Extended TWRP|v2.4.0.0.r2
Did you set the path properly in DataOnExt page?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Avenger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dark_Avenger Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 08:37 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitknandi

Yeah that works fine.

The recovery doesn't seem to function properly with DataOnEXT enabled.

In normal mode, all seems OK.

Log:
http://ompldr.org/vaDlubQ

same here.
  • sd-ext is not getting mounted if DataOnEXT option enabled.
  • mounting via shell workes
  • if DataOnEXT option disabled sd-ext gets mounted vie GUI
The Following User Says Thank You to ratelutz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ratelutz Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 09:20 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,560

More
Hi guys,

I don't currently use a Rom with the DataOnExt feature, so I can't really test this.
I'll try one tomorrow in order to be able to see what's the problem.
[EDIT]I found a nasty loop in Mount() function which I removed in r4. Try to see if this one solves this problem.[/EDIT]

Also I'd suggest that you either manually delete the /sdcard/TWRP/.twrps file or select to "Restore Defaults" after updating TWRP.
I've seen some really strange issues (like 'buttons disappearing') if I don't remove the previous settings file.

At last, I have ported the latest commits from official TWRP and fixed a couple of things in the r2.
But I didn't check out the problem you reported. Nevertheless I will upload the compiled files to keep things moving...

Regards!
PS:@Dark_Avenger
Just a suggestion: Keep using the 5th post for any updates of your theme so that it will be found easier. I already linked that post in the 3rd one.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kokotas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kokotas Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 09:54 AM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotas

Hi guys,

I don't currently use a Rom with the DataOnExt feature, so I can't really test this.

Also I'd suggest that you either manually delete the /sdcard/TWRP/.twrps file or select to "Restore Defaults" after updating TWRP.
I've seen some really strange issues (like 'buttons disappearing') if I don't remove the previous settings file.

At last, I have ported the latest commits from official TWRP and fixed a couple of things in the r2.
But I didn't check out the problem you reported. Nevertheless I will upload the compiled files to keep things moving...
Regards!

FYI
deleting settings file did not help
issue still present in .rev3
29th January 2013, 12:28 PM |#16  
Flag Sofia

More
Quote:

Hi guys,

[EDIT]I found a nasty loop in Mount() function which I removed in r4. Try to see if this one solves this problem.[/EDIT]

Regards!
PS:@Dark_Avenger
Just a suggestion: Keep using the 5th post for any updates of your theme so that it will be found easier. I already linked that post in the 3rd one.

kokotas,
thanks for suggestion. I will use the 5th post to keep the Holo Dark theme in sync with the current extended version.
Without having a DataOnExt rom, I think that the problem with mounting the "sd-ext" is still there. You could reproduce it without a DataOnExt rom. Check the "DataOnExt" checkbox in "Settings" and try to mount the "sd-ext" from "Mount" page. The checkbox is selected for a second and then immediately deselected.
[EDIT]Deleting the .twrp settings file fixed it.[/EDIT]
Best
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Avenger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dark_Avenger Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 02:51 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Avenger

kokotas,
thanks for suggestion. I will use the 5th post to keep the Holo Dark theme in sync with the current extended version.
Without having a DataOnExt rom, I think that the problem with mounting the "sd-ext" is still there. You could reproduce it without a DataOnExt rom. Check the "DataOnExt" checkbox in "Settings" and try to mount the "sd-ext" from "Mount" page. The checkbox is selected for a second and then immediately deselected.
Best

for me sd-ext mounting issue is fixed in .rev4
The Following User Says Thank You to ratelutz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ratelutz Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 03:08 PM |#18  
Flag Sofia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratelutz

Yes... I can't reproduce it too after deleting the settings file ".twrp".
29th January 2013, 10:14 PM |#19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,284

Donate to Me
More
Re: [DEV][29/Jan/2013]Extended TWRP|v2.4.0.0.r4
Quote:

HD2_Extended_TWRP_2.4.0.0_r4 @ 2013.01.29

Looks like I am getting to the party a little late, sorry. Will be catching up soon as time permits.

---
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you... (via Tapatalk)
30th January 2013, 05:18 AM |#20  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,284

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

HD2_Extended_TWRP_2.4.0.0_r4 @ 2013.01.29

It certainly is better and probably functional now! You know, I used to have 'fun' with circular links and here you go introducing circular mounts!

Okay, let's see. I had some odd things happen after I flashed r4. I did delete the structure and started clean.

Sd-ext was found immediately. However, the xml path was not. I tried to use file explorer to look at the partition but it came up blank.

I tried to calculate partition sizes and it sat there for a long time before returning to the twrp splash screen and restarting. No boot - never saw Magldr.

I loaded Aroma fm which worked fine.

Back to twrp and checked the card. All went fine.

Not sure what else I may have touched but all of the sudden the correct path was populated and verified.

Not enough time to do a full backup but it was very close.

Should you want the log it is on dev-host: recovery.log - 230.13 KB <= Deleted

---
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you... (via Tapatalk)
30th January 2013, 09:39 AM |#21  
Flag Guwahati
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratelutz

+1 rev4 is working for me. Thanks kokotas. =)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, hd2, recovery, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)