[TUT] How to root stock rom

Search This thread

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
Hi, i posted on general before but i didnt know you guys had bootloader unlock already so ill tell you how to root but need someones boot.img only and ill make a new kernel and you guys are all set when i do this, also ill get my overclock module here if you give me the boot.img, ill post here the method

8trix

Jul 12, 2011
Ormond Beach
Hey,

Ive been working with ky but we had no luck so far, he mentioned that you would be helping. How can I go about getting the boot.IMG without root, and I'll get it for you. I did get the Rom.zip from the ruu but it's encrypted and will need to be decrypted to use that...

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
Hey,

Ive been working with ky but we had no luck so far, he mentioned that you would be helping. How can I go about getting the boot.IMG without root, and I'll get it for you. I did get the Rom.zip from the ruu but it's encrypted and will need to be decrypted to use that...

ok he mentioned you too and since you got bootloader unlocked i know how just need to know the partitions layout contact me by pm and ill get it rooted by teamviewr

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
Guys if you wanna get root and custom ROMs please cooperate here I am sure I can root you and the method is making a boot.IMG for that just need someone on teamvuewr 5 mins

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using xda app-developers app

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
Hey,

Using terminal emulator on your device, issue the command
Code:
dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
This will dump the boot image to your sdcard.

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
Using terminal emulator on your device, issue the command
Code:
dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
This will dump the boot image to your sdcard.

thanks mdmower glad to see you here I was going to try dumping from partition but needed a partition map I think that should work

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using xda app-developers app

8trix

Jul 12, 2011
Ormond Beach
In lieu of the fact im downloading hasoon's rom i did try this to see, and got
/system/bin/sh: dump_image: not found
Any other suggestions? If hasoon's rom works i'll have root and this'll be done anyway

Jumped the gun, need recovery to flash the rom... duh. Anyway the boot img has been decrypted looks like over here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2122940

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on a recovery. I should have something when I do it tomorrow