{PRO} Complete List of Roms | Kernels | Rooting/Other for Xperia Pro (MK16a/i) iyokan

Search This thread

atmos929

Sep 27, 2012
Moto G9 Plus
Realme GT 2 Pro
I know, it's listed under ROMs, but honestly I didn't know it included an stock based GB kernel... and I just got to know about that when opening Xperia Plus (GB) thread...

I mean, considering that stock GB kernel and Riyal's Ultima GB kernel are the only two available for PRO users... it'd be nice if we could highlight it in kernels section as well for faster reference.

I'm just saying :)

Anne_Droid

Oct 19, 2012
Oh okay, they split the thread. I downloaded v6.7 from the original thread 8 days, 6 hours ago. Nice.

vivekaroraus

Dec 15, 2012
Hi !
I need urgent help , i bought SONY ERRICSON EXPERIA PRO MK16I FROM EBAY.
The phone is imported and i am from india , the dealer says that the phone is unlocked.
Every thing works fine but there is a huge network problem.
Phone is gsm and only 2-3 network providers like vodafone and reliance work but the signals are so poor that the call may drop at any second, while using internet signals drops everytime, even on the top floor the signals are poor , just one or two bars some times the bars are full the again the bars are no more.

The phone had android 2.3 operating system which was upgraded by the dealer to 4.0
i used upgraded from sony web side and from software nothing work
it's not working. It's been like this for around 1 months now, and I really want it to work! And i've tried reseting, updating the ROM, changing SIM card and put in a totally new SIM card and it's work but signals drop every time, oh i am so upset.... SIGNAL DROPS EVERY TIME !!
dealer refused to return the phone , i bought the phone from the dealer so it's under seller warranty
the sony service center in india is so poor that they will steal my mobile parts if i will take their help.

i have shown the phone to some local mobile repair experts and some says that network ic is the problem , emei is the problem , some say the phone might not unlocked , some say that do not have the files to solves the problem because the phone is imported.

Is there anyone who can tell me what is the problem with this cellphone
I have tried up every possible way and i am not financially strong to buy a new phone and i don't know who will buy this cellphone if i am ready to sell it ..

Regards

ameer1234567890

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2012
Thulhaadhoo
ameer.io
Hi !
I need urgent help , i bought SONY ERRICSON EXPERIA PRO MK16I FROM EBAY.
The phone is imported and i am from india , the dealer says that the phone is unlocked.
Every thing works fine but there is a huge network problem.
Phone is gsm and only 2-3 network providers like vodafone and reliance work but the signals are so poor that the call may drop at any second, while using internet signals drops everytime, even on the top floor the signals are poor , just one or two bars some times the bars are full the again the bars are no more.

The phone had android 2.3 operating system which was upgraded by the dealer to 4.0
i used upgraded from sony web side and from software nothing work
it's not working. It's been like this for around 1 months now, and I really want it to work! And i've tried reseting, updating the ROM, changing SIM card and put in a totally new SIM card and it's work but signals drop every time, oh i am so upset.... SIGNAL DROPS EVERY TIME !!
dealer refused to return the phone , i bought the phone from the dealer so it's under seller warranty
the sony service center in india is so poor that they will steal my mobile parts if i will take their help.

i have shown the phone to some local mobile repair experts and some says that network ic is the problem , emei is the problem , some say the phone might not unlocked , some say that do not have the files to solves the problem because the phone is imported.

Is there anyone who can tell me what is the problem with this cellphone
I have tried up every possible way and i am not financially strong to buy a new phone and i don't know who will buy this cellphone if i am ready to sell it ..

Regards
Well, it is definitely unlocked and IMEI is definitely not the problem. The local mobile repair experts are not real experts as they claim, I guess. This has happened to me and my friends a number of times. If you use another device, the signal is fine, or does it drop also? I am guessing it could be due to low signal in your area.

vivekaroraus

Dec 15, 2012
Well, it is definitely unlocked and IMEI is definitely not the problem. The local mobile repair experts are not real experts as they claim, I guess. This has happened to me and my friends a number of times. If you use another device, the signal is fine, or does it drop also? I am guessing it could be due to low signal in your area.

Thank you very much ! Signal in my area is totally fine..in fact my area is the place where i can see all network huge towers from my top floor and full signals are for all networks but this mobile is really not giving me the signals..SIGNAL COMES AND GOES COMES AND GOES ..THE SAME SIM WORKS ON EVERY MOBILE BUT THIS MOBILE NEVER GIVES PROPER SIGNAL TO ANY SIM..IN MY NATION -INDIA THERE ARE 6-7 NETWORK PROVIDERS BUT ONLY 2 NETWORKS PROVIDERS WORK WITH SUCHA LOW SIGNAL THAT THE CALL MAY DROP ANYTIME AND SOMETIME THE OTHER PERSONS SAYS I CANNOT HEAR YOU "PLEASE BUY A NEW PHONE"

can you please tell me what is the problem with this phone?? "PLEASE"

Regards

Iqbal Ansari

Jun 6, 2012
Bhopal
Thank you very much ! Signal in my area is totally fine..in fact my area is the place where i can see all network huge towers from my top floor and full signals are for all networks but this mobile is really not giving me the signals..SIGNAL COMES AND GOES COMES AND GOES ..THE SAME SIM WORKS ON EVERY MOBILE BUT THIS MOBILE NEVER GIVES PROPER SIGNAL TO ANY SIM..IN MY NATION -INDIA THERE ARE 6-7 NETWORK PROVIDERS BUT ONLY 2 NETWORKS PROVIDERS WORK WITH SUCHA LOW SIGNAL THAT THE CALL MAY DROP ANYTIME AND SOMETIME THE OTHER PERSONS SAYS I CANNOT HEAR YOU "PLEASE BUY A NEW PHONE"

can you please tell me what is the problem with this phone?? "PLEASE"

Regards

I"m also from India and I bought the the phone from Ebay too. 8 months of usage not problems till now.
It seems to be a hardware issue. Get your phone checked form local sony service center thats the only thing you can do.

First try repairing with SUS. Sony update center and not with PCC.

Let us know if the problem persist after repairing.
Also try using only GSM mode. Maybe WCDMA or 3G not good in your area.

Reactions: vivekaroraus

srihari210

Jul 23, 2012
Hyderabad
New Development Team - Interested Friends, plz PING me

Friends,

I used almost all versions (GB,ICS,JB) of custom Rom and found that,

GB = Higly Stable but not good looking. No Lag even on HD Games.
ICS = Good Looking but Laggy and less RAM available (Cant play HD games without lag :( ) and
JB = Nice look and animation. As like ics, it consumes more RAM and is slow and laggy when apps are not in memory. Even JB doesnt support all the features....
JB 4.2 = Out of scope, eventhough we get it, we will have Lag and Bugs for SURE.

When ICS was released by SONY, I found no difference with Sony ICS and GB exect some Lag. As you all know, Most of them have reverted back to GB.

OUT OF ALL THE VERSIONs, the one that is recommended for our XPERIA PRO is GB (For Obvious Reasons). So, why dont we Enhance GB to beat ICS/JB in Looks and Animations ??? We can consolidate all the Mods, themes, Enhancements, new Xperia Apps into a single Stable powerful Rom...

Our New rom should have below features for Sure:
1. Performance (Fast and Stable)
2. Great Looks
3. Best Music Experience (with Walkman & Music FX)
4. Best Movie/Video Experience (Bravia Enginee)
5. Should Play HD Games with Lag free :)

I would like to create a Development Team who can Help me in getting this done. I m asking you all 'coz, I believe, Team Decision will obviously be better than Individual decision. I will be creating a new Google Groups and would add our Development Team members into it. So, we all can have good communication. And, I ll try to share Google Drive account aswell so that, our development stuff can go into it. Our team members can share our Technical knowledge and Experiences to make this even better. Every Decision is made as per Team response (Even the Name of the Rom)..

INTERESTED FRIENDS CAN PING ME... IM WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE.... :)

- Have a Great day !!!

cool92guy

Sep 10, 2011
Friends,

OUT OF ALL THE VERSIONs, the one that is recommended for our XPERIA PRO is GB (For Obvious Reasons). So, why dont we Enhance GB to beat ICS/JB in Looks and Animations ??? We can consolidate all the Mods, themes, Enhancements, new Xperia Apps into a single Stable powerful Rom...

I would like to create a Development Team who can Help me in getting this done. I m asking you all 'coz, I believe, Team Decision will obviously be better than Individual decision. I will be creating a new Google Groups and would add our Development Team members into it. So, we all can have good communication. And, I ll try to share Google Drive account aswell so that, our development stuff can go into it. Our team members can share our Technical knowledge and Experiences to make this even better. Every Decision is made as per Team response (Even the Name of the Rom)..

- Have a Great day !!!

its a great idea....i support u.but i am sorry i cant help u to create the rom. if u want, i can help u in other ways like testing.......tq

Sent from my MK16 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: srihari210

srihari210

Jul 23, 2012
Hyderabad
its a great idea....i support u.but i am sorry i cant help u to create the rom. if u want, i can help u in other ways like testing.......tq

Sent from my MK16 using xda app-developers app

Your Browsing Experience or Mod testing Experience is good enough for us... :)

Thanks for your interest.... Thats fine, if you cant create a ROM, we are there.. if you find some time for sharing your experience on using Specific Mods and some time for Browsing XDA (For New mods) or sharing any new Mod you found. That's fine for us... Please ping me... I will be creating new Google Group for our Team and would like to have a count of team size...

Reactions: cool92guy

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
Friends,

- Have a Great day !!!

Count me in...but sorry am no developer...
Testing ill help...
Ill find various mods available,try assembling stuff...
Awesome idea!:thumbup:

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: srihari210

Anne_Droid

Oct 19, 2012
One of the things I hope you would consider for pro gingerbread is the kernel.

We only have to working kernels:

one is stock with root, without active development. It doesnt even have its own thread (afaik).

Two, riyal's kernel (ultima). Already discontinued.

Sent from my MK16i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: cool92guy

1stichiban

Jan 18, 2012
One of the things I hope you would consider for pro gingerbread is the kernel.

We only have to working kernels:

one is stock with root, without active development. It doesnt even have its own thread (afaik).

Two, riyal's kernel (ultima). Already discontinued.

Sent from my MK16i using xda app-developers app
+1 GB is our better option... but without much tools (kernels) to try out with on-going development... we're stuck with limited options.
good luck!!! will look forward to testing future GB developments :good:

Top Liked Posts