[RECOVERY][TF201] TWRP 2.5.0.0 Touch Recovery! [2013-4-9]

Search This thread

gn123099

Nov 8, 2010
can anyone help me ?

i cant flash any zip file on the recovery....

i cant mount the system ....how can i mount the system????

I can adb push the rom to sdcard but it says install failed due to unmounted system.

Last edited:

thenrz

Dec 9, 2010
Flashed via fastboot with no problems a few weeks ago. Considering I can't access NVFlash (JB bootloader), I was palm sweating all over the thing when I first tried to access rck after the flash. I saw the teamwin logo and new I was now full of win thanks to you guys!

Flashed most of the ROMs here with no issues. The slide to confirm is a nice touch. It's hard to make that slide without trying!

cyanide01

May 6, 2010
RGV
Re: [RECOVERY][TF201] TWRP 2.3.3.0 for ICS/JB Bootloader [2012-12-20]

Just unlocked my prime last night using the Asus unlock tool v6 from their website, which i didnt know that it was going to work since it specifies only for ICS OS only (who knew). Been on stock JB OTA since i bought the tablet, but now I need a lil help by confirming the bootloader before i flash TWRP just in case. I read on some posts that when i boot by holding volume down and power up and by selecting the usb fastboot it will tell me on the top of the screen the version of bootloader. Tried this and all it displays is the build version of OS i currently have. Does anyone know any other ways to find out??? (Noob question)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

promiseofcake

Dec 8, 2011
San Francisco

Just unlocked my prime last night using the Asus unlock tool v6 from their website, which i didnt know that it was going to work since it specifies only for ICS OS only (who knew). Been on stock JB OTA since i bought the tablet, but now I need a lil help by confirming the bootloader before i flash TWRP just in case. I read on some posts that when i boot by holding volume down and power up and by selecting the usb fastboot it will tell me on the top of the screen the version of bootloader. Tried this and all it displays is the build version of OS i currently have. Does anyone know any other ways to find out??? (Noob question)

What do you need to confirm, that it's unlocked? It will say "This Device is Unlocked" across the bottom. In addition you're on the JB bootloader.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: cyanide01

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille

As said above if you run jb you have jb bootloader. Simple.
If you have fastboot you are unlocked. Simple.

cyanide01

May 6, 2010
RGV

Thanks for the feedback guys. First time rooting a tablet just used to phones and majority of those you can always revert back to stock with ease. While researching for this device alot of users earned themselves a nice expensive paperweight. Just got a little chicken sh*^ Haha :p

Subsonic44

Jan 21, 2012
Virginia
Thanks for the feedback guys. First time rooting a tablet just used to phones and majority of those you can always revert back to stock with ease. While researching for this device alot of users earned themselves a nice expensive paperweight. Just got a little chicken sh*^ Haha :p

But just to reassure you, when you power up, look for the Nvidia Tegra logo. If it's down on the bottom right corner, you have JB bootloader. Bottom center is ICS bootloader.

cyanide01

May 6, 2010
RGV

But just to reassure you, when you power up, look for the Nvidia Tegra logo. If it's down on the bottom right corner, you have JB bootloader. Bottom center is ICS bootloader.

Sweet Thanks!!

cyanide01

May 6, 2010
RGV
Installing TWRP

After installing TWRP do you reboot to verify installation or can i just reboot straight into recover and flash a ROM?

GreginNH

Jul 23, 2010
Hooksett

Just d/l a rom and when i look at whats available to install on sdcard in twrp all it shows is an old rom , zip file, that is long ago deleted. Any idea what i can do to clear that up?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app

**Never mind, I figured it out :) **

Last edited:

Enzymaticracer

Dec 19, 2010
Re: [RECOVERY][TF201] TWRP 2.4.0.0 for ICS/JB Bootloader [2013-1-29]

Just updated to 2.4.0.0 using the terminal emulator method without issue.

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Deathmo

Aug 17, 2011
2.4.1.0 is out.

What's new in 2.4.1.0:

Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB
Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)
Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting
Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)

gpga

Jun 9, 2010
Strasbourg
Hello

My tablet is coming back from the Asus repair shop with the build 10.4..2.15.

I try to unlock the bootloader but it is impossible, receiving a message of error

I try to use the fastboot to put the TRWP recovery but have also an error.
sending 'recovery' (7344kb)
Okay
'writing 'recovery'
Failed (remote : (invalid state))
finished

Can you help me

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 2.x-JB is now available for use on devices that have the Asus JB bootloader ONLY, please see our website for download information. Do NOT install if you are on the ICS bootloader.

We HIGHLY recommend users enable and backup your devices before flashing custom roms/recoveries or updating to the JB OTA with nvflash courtesy of AndroidRoot.mobi (this also makes your device essentially "brick-proof" so there's no reason not to do it)***

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.5.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.5.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not be compatible with the new changes!

-Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
    -Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
    -Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC One m7, HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
    -Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups (backups usually restored with no app data)
    -Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
    -Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
    -Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
    -Fixed handling of subpartitions
    -Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
    -Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations

CHANGELOG for 2.4.4.0:
    -Added another libtar hardlink workaround to fix restore of some backups (usually related to Ubuntu Touch)
    -More fixes for the file selector
    -Switched from using busybox md5sum to a direct C function call
    -Fixed capturing the exit status of tar based backups/restore - TWRP will display that there was an error if there was one again
    -Update exFAT to latest commits
    -Added a build flag to disable using the ioctl for screen blanking

CHANGELOG for 2.4.3.0:
    -Fixed 2 bugs related to restore, one dealing with mknod failures (by bigbiff) and one dealing with restoring hardlinks (by Dees_Troy)
    NOTE: If your backups weren't restoring correctly in earlier 2.4.x versions they should restore correctly now. Hopefully you didn't delete those backups. If you're still having problems, run the restore, go to advanced and copy log, then give us the log. Complaints without logs will be rightfully ignored.
    -Added a scroll bar to file selectors and listboxes courtesy of Tassadar
    -Added libblkid for more accurate detection of file systems and can now detect exFAT properly thanks to bigbiff
    -Added a screen dim effect 2 seconds before screen off on some devices
    -Finally fixed file selector crash (one of the joys of working with multi-threaded software)
    -Fixed loading of screen timeout setting during startup
    -Improvements and bugfixes to screen timeout code
    -Fixed persistence of the 24 hour / military time setting

CHANGELOG for 2.4.2.0:
    -Add screen timeout - screen will turn off automatically after 60 seconds, saves battery and prevents screen burn-in especially on AMOLED devices
    -Add a brightness setting (requires device specific setup and only some devices have been added)
    -Add a root checker and offer to install SuperSU if the device isn't already rooted
    -Add a write buffer to libtar backups, significant improvements to speeds when backing up to exFAT target, minor improvements for other file systems
    -Check and offer to fix root permissions if broken
    -Add an option for a 24 hour clock display instead of AM/PM (aka military time)
    -Move stock recovery reflash check to occur during the reboot cycle
    -Add support for some MTK6xxx devices
    -Change libtar to vfork to help prevent memory problems
    -Add a "clicked" effect to most buttons, file selector, and listbox
    -Improve timezone listbox to be more like file selector (per pixel kinetic scrolling, etc)
    -Remove some no longer used settings (Forced MD5 sum on zips, size checking on image backups)
    -Other minor bugfixes and improvements

CHANGELOG for 2.4.1.0:
    -Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB
    -Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)
    -Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting
    -Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)

CHANGELOG for 2.4.0.0:
    -Using libtar instead of busybox's tar for better control over tar file creation and breaking the 2GB barrier that busybox imposes (thanks to bigbiff)
    -Support for exFAT formatted sdcards (also thanks to bigbiff)
    -Support for decrypting Samsung TouchWiz encrypted devices including internal and external storage (special thanks to a3955269 for figuring it out)
    -Improvements to OpenRecoveryScript including displaying a proper GUI while the script is running
    -Added wipe cache and dalvik after ADB Sideload
    -Replaced many system calls with their native C counterparts
    -Fixed bugs in file manager where it would display an empty list after moving or deleting a folder
    -Fixed AOSP recovery commands to run after decryption on encrypted devices
    -Improvements for building TWRP in CM10.1
    -Other minor bugfixes and improvements
    NOTE: 2.4.0.0 is, as always, still compatible with your older backups!

CHANGELOG for 2.3.3.0:
    -Fix renaming backups with a space in the name
    -Add decrypt button to mount page if you cancel decryption during startup
    -Added ignore blkid flag
    -Fixed handling of MTD partitions during mount
    -Fixed some keyboard mapping issues on 800x1280 layout

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.0:
    -Fixes / enhancements to handle the multiple user setup introduced by Android 4.2 (see notes)
    -Fixed a bug with deleting a backup with a space in the name
    -Added highlights on keyboard key presses

CHANGELOG for 2.3.1.0:
    -Unmount system after boot to prevent some status 7 symlink failed errors on zip install
    -USB Mass Storage code improvements
    -Better handling of mounting storage during boot for some devices
    -Fixed a problem with sizes of images (boot & recovery) after resetting defaults
    -Fixed size errors during backup for some devices on recovery, etc.
    -Fixed a problem with restoring backups when multiple archives were present

CHANGELOG for 2.3.0.0:
    -Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
    -Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
    NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
    -ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see this link for more info
    -Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
    -Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
    -Faster boot times
    -Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)

While this update may not bring a host of new must-have features, this update is a significant re-write of much of the core TWRP code. AOSP Jelly Bean recovery source moved to mostly C++ code and now all of the "TWRP" code is fully rewritten into C++ as well. Now that we've laid this groundwork, we're in a much better position to pull in future AOSP recovery updates as well as implementing more great new features.

Since TWRP 2.3 is based on AOSP jelly bean sources, TWRP now uses recovery API 3 instead of 2. Some zips may no longer work if the developer is using an out-of-date update-binary. This API change should not be a problem on newer devices, but older devices will probably encounter several zips that need to be updated. If needed, you can try using this update-binary that was compiled with current sources. It goes in your zip file in the META-INF/com/google/android folder.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app: (THIS METHOD IS CURRENTLY DISABLED FOR THIS DEVICE SEE THE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO FLASH)
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    NOTE: If you're coming from another build of TWRP, you may need to go into settings and tap reset defaults to reset the storage paths so that you can see your zip files.

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    As much as I'd like to agree with you on this about carrying on, I really don't think that's wise at this point.

Correct me if am wrong on this but I seem to understand that a STOCK image is the software that's coded on a device when an end user buys it, am I right ?

I think I know why I said "going back to stock" in the first place because I've looked almost everywhere and couldn't find any STOCK images of the software that originally came on my Prime, not unless someone saved what is now being called a BLOB file. :p

Why is it that ASUS designed an Android tablet with such a file structure that's not common like the rest of the devices everyone else is putting out ?

Look, I may be wrong here and that doesn't make me a NOOB nor a GEEK, it just makes me seek answers to something I need a better understanding so that am aware of what am getting myself into. :silly:

Okay, this is the last I'll say about this, afterwards please move this discussion to a new thread, it's not development and it's not directly related to TWRP so needs to be somewhere else.

First of all, you need to get out of the "return to stock" mentality that you may have on other devices. From the second you hit unlock with asus' bootloader unlock tool returning to "stock" means nothing. As far as they are concerned warranty is void and you're done with them. It makes no difference what you flash, or what you do. Want the stock experience back? Great, flash a stock rom. Done. You're back to "stock." When Asus releases an update, wait for someone to make a flashable rom and update. Quite simple. Stock images are available on Asus' website (click firmware).

Now, with the custom bootloader, the ability to get into APX mode and use of nvflash, you are able to make certain *device-specific* backups of hidden partitions and files from your device. These files are from a lower-level than simply making a "nandroid" in recovery. If something were to go wrong - e.g. you flash an incorrectly packaged kernel/rom/mod that overwrites something it shouldn't, you can end up with a "bricked" device - it's possible that you may not be able to fix that by using your nandroid backup or by flashing another rom/kernel. By possessing these files, (the device backups you made following the androidroot.mobi guide) you can boot to apx mode and restore those critical files and recover from almost any type of "brick." The alternative to a permanently bricked device is to ship it to Asus and let them fix it - all at a cost to you.

That is why anyone who owns an unlocked prime should take advantage of the fact we have access to apx mode and the use of nvflash to make these backups (courtesy of the great work by the androidroot.mobi team). They have given us something that Asus won't (but probably should) and we now have near complete control of our devices.

Again, that's the end of this discussion here. If you still have more questions, please post a new thread in q+a and discuss away.
    Updated to v2.2.1 which is mainly a bugfix release. Please update via goo manager or download from our website.

Main fix for tf201 is the backup sizes being displayed properly (.androidsecure etc).
    Updated OP with 2.4.0.0
    Updated to 2.3.1.0