[ROM] [4.2] CarbonROM Alpha [7-6-13]

Search This thread

PatrickC

Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville
gadgtspot.com
Hey guys! I am now developing for Carbon, and I'm working hard on 4.3! In the mean time, please take a look here for a 4.2 build. Whats not working:
Bluetooth (I know it was fixed, I don't have my carbon source any more, so I can't fix it)
There is a intermittent screen issue where it becomes uber sensitive for some reason, no idea why..
And of course, camera..

But, anyway.. Go download here! http://downloads.codefi.re/patrickc...ON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20130703-2049-tenderloin.zip and make sure to grab the 4.2 GAPPS!

I am actively working on 4.3 and hope to have nightlies soon.

Last edited:

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
Re: [ROM][Android 4.1][WORKING SOUND]SickleROM Alpha 1[1-29-2012]

First!!!!!! Simon got a ROM for the pad.. Good job guys.. Guess I need to break out my both my touchoads and get to flashing.. Thanks guys!! :beer::thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Pip513

Mar 3, 2012

Thank you! 4.2 you say? My my , someone will be getting a nice donation if I see 4.2 on my TP. Keep up the good work. :)

Till then, I already know this will be my new DD

PatrickC

Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville
gadgtspot.com
Guys,
I am working on camera now. If all goes as planned, I should have a new release with camera up within a few hours! :)
And yes, 4.2 :) There is already a port that was started, but there are a LOT of things not working... So I, along with my team, will be contributing to that project and help to get a few things working! :)

bit1

Jul 28, 2008

Thanks for the new ROM! Will flash and report any issues and usage observations.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using XDA Premium HD app

Jedipottsy

Apr 1, 2009
Stoke-On-Trent
mythreed.com
Quick update on camera, run into a few snags. Won't be able to post tonight. I'll have to talk with the rest of my team tomorrow on the camera issues we're running into as they're over my head (at least they are at 2AM lol) Will report back as soon as I can on camera.

This is awesome!
Cant wait for 4.2, you guys are awesome. Love the TP dev community

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
Very Excited for this. been really wanting 4.2 on the TP. Thanks for your efforts and look forward to taking it for a spin.

jose8470

Jul 21, 2012
Houston

does this rom fix the problems on the jcscullins rom with the videos on the web browser, in which you to zoom in to watch the video properly?

PatrickC

Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville
gadgtspot.com
Re: [ROM][Android 4.1][WORKING SOUND] SickleROM Alpha 1[1-29-2012]

I don't get it, whats new/better compared to the cm10 builds from jcsullis?

In Mt experiences, we have better battery life over jcsullins' build. There aren't too many more changes, yet, other then that. This is alpha 1,so it is still fairly similar to CM10 :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

sigson

Aug 21, 2008
Re: [ROM][Android 4.1][WORKING SOUND] SickleROM Alpha 1[1-29-2012]

Hmm... I'm honestly not sure as I never experienced that issue.

I think he it's referring to flash in a browser's window and how it had to be full screen to work properly....

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
In Mt experiences, we have better battery life over jcsullins' build. There aren't too many more changes, yet, other then that. This is alpha 1,so it is still fairly similar to CM10 :)

Haven't had time to check the battery life but it does not reconnect to WiFi when changing location which I think was an early problem with jcsullins ,also one of my apps" Ttorrent won't install/ run due toa supposed lack of space but I was easily able to install 3 other apps without a problem so I can't figure that one.

I hope this info helps.

PatrickC

Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville
gadgtspot.com
Haven't had time to check the battery life but it does not reconnect to WiFi when changing location which I think was an early problem with jcsullins ,also one of my apps" Ttorrent won't install/ run due toa supposed lack of space but I was easily able to install 3 other apps without a problem so I can't figure that one.

I hope this info helps.

Did you upgrade from CM7/CM9 and use the ACMEInstaller3? That is a requirement. Without that your device will report that it has run out of space when you know it hasn't :)
If you did use ACMEInstaller 3, then I would like to go over things with you and try to fix the problem...

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
Did you upgrade from CM7/CM9 and use the ACMEInstaller3? That is a requirement. Without that your device will report that it has run out of space when you know it hasn't :)
If you did use ACMEInstaller 3, then I would like to go over things with you and try to fix the problem...

Yes I installed acmeInstaller 3 some time ago along with moboot 0.38 and the latest CMW and then TWRP. I was running oats and just wiped cache and davlik before flashing this rom .
Are you able to install Ttorrent ? If so I will play around a bit .

PatrickC

Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville
gadgtspot.com

I hope this info helps.

Yes I installed acmeInstaller 3 some time ago along with moboot 0.38 and the latest CMW and then TWRP. I was running oats and just wiped cache and davlik before flashing this rom .
Are you able to install Ttorrent ? If so I will play around a bit .

It seems to install perfectly fine. I would try a user data wipe and then try again, that might be the issue.

Reactions: sstar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys! I am now developing for Carbon, and I'm working hard on 4.3! In the mean time, please take a look here for a 4.2 build. Whats not working:
    Bluetooth (I know it was fixed, I don't have my carbon source any more, so I can't fix it)
    There is a intermittent screen issue where it becomes uber sensitive for some reason, no idea why..
    And of course, camera..

But, anyway.. Go download here! http://downloads.codefi.re/patrickc...ON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20130703-2049-tenderloin.zip and make sure to grab the 4.2 GAPPS!

I am actively working on 4.3 and hope to have nightlies soon.
    Guys,
    I finally have a GOOD update on camera! IT WORKS! I will use the ROM today and tomorrow, and if all is well with it and I don't find any show-stopping bugs, I'll release tomorrow :)
    I know.. I know.. It's been a long time.. But, I do have this build :) http://downloads.codefi.re/patrickc...ON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20130703-2049-tenderloin.zip
    This isn't the build I want to be released, but after a vacation, turns out that Carbon doesn't support 4.2 on anything anymore.. So, guess what that means?! YES! I'm starting on 4.3 tonight! Not much works, but hey.. When we started this journey way back on SickleROM, not much worked either!

What you'll find broken in this build: Bluetooth (I know it was fixed, but i don't have my Carbon source anymore to update it), and there is some screen issues I never could track down the issue of.. They're random.

let me know what you guys think, and I'll post Carbon 4.3 here soon enough!
    Guys, I don't want to get any hopes up, as I have yet to boot the zip (rebooting now), but i have a successful compile of CM-10.1 on tenderloin! Will update this post with details once I know if it works or not

EDIT! IT BOOTS!!!! Extremely laggy, but boots!
    Wifi turns on and connects, screen works, quick settings works! This is it folks! CM-10.1!!!

EDIT 2: Uploading a video of Cm-10.1 now!
    Quick update on development guys.. We are in the process of moving everything from 4.1 to 4.2, and that transition might take a bit. I am not stopping development on 4.1 as of yet, and I'm still working on the camera (not sure what's wrong and holding it up yet, still looking into it). I hope to have a new version out soon with all the new camera/gyro/compass fixes in, but I will not give an ETA on it, as I don't have one.
    Stay tuned here for more information on when the new version comes out, and keep those bug reports coming! :)