Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2013, 07:47 PM |#921  
Flag Crégy-Les-Meaux
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Thank you.

Test with success on Asus TF101G 16Gb ICS 4 B70 serie without any issue.

28th January 2013, 04:31 PM |#922  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
downloaded and installed Prime drivers. downloaded the debugf and it just stays stuck on a screen saying
Waiting for device to be detected...
*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037*
*daemon started successfully*

its been on this screen for the past 5 minutes.

Now my PC recognizes my Prime when I connect so I know the drivers are working.
28th January 2013, 07:20 PM |#923  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
resolved the daemon issue but now I'm getting this;

Step 1 - Pushing files
failed to copy 'debugfs' to '/data/local//debugfs': permission denied
failed to copy "su" to '/data/local//su': permission denied
failed to copy 'debugfsinput' to ''/data/local/debugsfinput': permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - permission denied
link failed File Exists
30th January 2013, 09:10 PM |#924  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same problem here. BTW, I first unlocked my TF700T with the ASUS unlocking tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungst5n

resolved the daemon issue but now I'm getting this;

Step 1 - Pushing files
failed to copy 'debugfs' to '/data/local//debugfs': permission denied
failed to copy "su" to '/data/local//su': permission denied
failed to copy 'debugfsinput' to ''/data/local/debugsfinput': permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - permission denied
link failed File Exists

31st January 2013, 01:40 PM |#925  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Sorry for asking what seems to be the constantly asked question but having read through the thread I'm more confused now than I was before I started!
I have a TF-201 in the UK and it's running : -

JB 4.1.1
build number is JRO03C.WW_epad-10.4.2.18-20121122

I have read posts on here that state I can't root my device no matter what I use, and I've also read posts that state I can root it IF I unlock it first.

Can somebody clarify for me please.....and no I'm not going to bombard you with How do I do this and that afterwards....I promise
31st January 2013, 01:52 PM |#926  
Flag Rhondda Valleys
Thanks Meter: 2,587

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasba

Sorry for asking what seems to be the constantly asked question but having read through the thread I'm more confused now than I was before I started!
I have a TF-201 in the UK and it's running : -

JB 4.1.1
build number is JRO03C.WW_epad-10.4.2.18-20121122

I have read posts on here that state I can't root my device no matter what I use, and I've also read posts that state I can root it IF I unlock it first.

Can somebody clarify for me please.....and no I'm not going to bombard you with How do I do this and that afterwards....I promise

I have no problem being bombarded as long as it saves you bricking your device.

You cannot root your device because you are locked and on Jellybean bootloader. If you unlock your device then you can root it and the easiest way to do this is to install a rom like Hairybean or Energy rom that has root built in.

Whatever you do, do not install cwm or install a version of twrp that is made for ICS after unlocking. This is the easiest way to brick your device. You will need to install twrp for Jellybean.

If you are unsure please feel free to pm me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flumpster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flumpster Ad-Free
1st February 2013, 09:21 AM |#927  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpster

I have no problem being bombarded as long as it saves you bricking your device.

You cannot root your device because you are locked and on Jellybean bootloader. If you unlock your device then you can root it and the easiest way to do this is to install a rom like Hairybean or Energy rom that has root built in.

Whatever you do, do not install cwm or install a version of twrp that is made for ICS after unlocking. This is the easiest way to brick your device. You will need to install twrp for Jellybean.

If you are unsure please feel free to pm me.

Thanks very much for this, that's cleared it up for me I'll go and check out your suggestions.
7th February 2013, 01:59 AM |#928  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hm... cannot make it work...
If choose option 1 (automatic root) get an error message at the end saying something about my region, that it is not supported.
If choose option 2 - not sure what to write in the "system mount location". Is it the directory where device's adb driver is?
Sorry for lame questions. Try to root Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet for the second day, with no success...
7th February 2013, 07:13 PM |#929  
Recognized Themer
Flag St. John's, NL
Thanks Meter: 2,514

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, very new to tablet rooting but I have done phones before

I have been trying to unlock my device: Infinity TF700T 4.0.3 with the unlock tool but I get the connection error, as well the auto root tool won't move past the *daemon started successfully* screen... I went back like 30 pages but didn't see a straight forward answer... is there anyone who wouldn't mind telling me what I should try next? Any info would be greatly greatly appreciated!
8th February 2013, 12:19 PM |#930  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
johnblundon

I had same trouble until I didn't install ADB drivers correctly. I believe those must be maker's drivers and must be installed via driver manager (manually add the path to the downloaded drivers)
Also, it works better on Win 7 rather than XP, from my experience.
So, I pass that "succesfully" point, for now. Get error at the end but maybe you'll be lucky!

Anyone to answer my question above, too?
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinkoku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shinkoku Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 12:06 PM |#931  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 1,626

Donate to Me
More
Just got a prime tf201 which is my first tablet and it's on build 4.0.3 (Ice cream sandwich) / IML74.WW_epad-9.4.2.28-20120525
This worked first time, had to reboot but titanium is working and was able to be granted root access.

thank you, this is great.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)