[GUIDE] [UNBRICK][ROOT] FLASH Any LG L9 Factory ROM (kdz) WITH OFFLINE FIX

Search This thread

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
These steps worked for me first go thought i would share. The parameters in the .bat can be changed im sure to accommodate other models and carriers. Pm me if needing help. Im not one of these other geniuses but i may be able to help on this.

How to Root T-Mobile LG L9 P769

1. Extract downloaded zip file in your PC.

2. Now, connect your T-Mobile LG Optimus L9 to the
computer through USB. Make sure you see a bug
on the top-left of screen.

3. Then run the Runme.bat file which is present
within extracted folder (see Step 1) by double-clicking on it.

4. Now look at the phone screen and choose “restore
my data” when prompted.

5. Your phone will reboot. If you don’t see any error
then your device is rooted now.

http://ul.to/h44f6vni
Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

this works for 10e/g?

Last edited:

docksid3

Oct 9, 2012
I think that i figured out the problem but still no flashing. Omap4430 driver weren't recognised, so i manually installed them using the trick show non present devices prevously installed in device manager as you can see in screenshot.

But the drivers are active just at the moment i insert the usb cable, then when the phone goes in s/w uprade mode they disappear magically.

There is anything else i can do now with all drivers installed? Now It's a matter of principle!

keyd5f.png

This is what pc says when phone goes in s/w upgrade mode: DEVICE DISCONNECTED but it is connected by usb cable!!!

ah6t.png

Last edited:

cgigate

Sep 12, 2003
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Re: [2-in-1 GUIDEBOOK] (UNBRICK) FLASH KDZ AND ROOT LG L9 (All LG L9)

Wow!
ROOT works on L9 with latest version of Bin4ry Batch File too.

Just Now Tested and Confirmed!!!

what version do u mean "last version" ?
i am on v10g and v11a , latest version Bin4ry's batch file was 12/8/.2012, it is known not working on latest version L9.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
well it does not work for my P760 v10c. After first reboot it gives "no root permissions". Any idea how to do it without downgrade?

It worked on my P765, not your variant. I am also not sure it will work for others or not. May be because my device was rooted before this might have worked this time, but its just a guess.

Yes you may need to downgrade to rootable kdz. check op.

UgduiBill

Feb 27, 2007
I think that i figured out the problem but still no flashing. Omap4430 driver weren't recognised, so i manually installed them using the trick show non present devices prevously installed in device manager as you can see in screenshot.

But the drivers are active just at the moment i insert the usb cable, then when the phone goes in s/w uprade mode they disappear magically.

There is anything else i can do now with all drivers installed? Now It's a matter of principle!

keyd5f.png

This is what pc says when phone goes in s/w upgrade mode: DEVICE DISCONNECTED but it is connected by usb cable!!!

ah6t.png

same problem here... did you fix it? I get no OMAP device connected

UgduiBill

Feb 27, 2007
As far as I know OMAP4430 drivers are not required for flashing or rooting. What exactly are you trying to do?

I'm trying to flash a new kdz (v10h) , KDZ_FW_UPD_EN always hangs at 15% saying it cannot find the phone
I'm trying the "live" flash but I get an error on my system, will try tomorrow on a new cleaner system

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
I'm trying to flash a new kdz (v10h) , KDZ_FW_UPD_EN always hangs at 15% saying it cannot find the phone
I'm trying the "live" flash but I get an error on my system, will try tomorrow on a new cleaner system

Read whole thread carefully, each word each line. Sometimes we skip some important part and may get error. But this guide (OP) helped everyone else. I think my english is fine, but if you are confused by any line let me know. Will correct it.

Before that I must know which variant and from which country your device is?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see almost everyone in L9 forum is giving reference link to this flashing guide in their threads, but almost no one is mentioning any credit to this. They are just putting links. What do you all think, pals? Do I deserve a credit or not:confused:
    Thanks to all developers and contributors: Bin4ry , adixtra , unknown_world. I thank to all the users of this thread who gave feedback and reported issues time to time, which helped "us" to make this guide better and perfect.

First thing first, this is not my original work, I have just tried to consolidate all the scattered things together for SAFE and EASY flashing and rooting of L9 variants. Written this guide as many pals were having issues with OFFLINE KDZ FLASHING and help was scattered in many pages creating more confusion.
    Wow! After so much of followup with xda mods, finally we got Home (Sub-Forum) for LG L9 series.

1. PLEASE, USE INFO AT YOUR OWN RISK & INTELLIGENCE.:cowboy:
    2. Flashing KDZ removes Root and CWM, so you will need to root again.
    3. Flashing KDZ does not wipe your data, but if you get bootloops you need to hard-reset it, so please backup data first.
    LG Update Tool works on all versions of windows (xp/w7/w8-32/64bit) for flashing any version of Android (GB/ICS/JB). If it does not work on your windows, something is missing on your system and if anyone here cannot help you then, you have find your own ways. Don't expect Spoon-feeding for everything.

DEVICES FLASHED WITH THIS GUIDE AND TESTED OK: LG Optimus 2x (P990) and LG Optimus L9 (P76?)

This thread contains two "MAIN" separate parts.

-------------------------------------

[GUIDE] FLASH L9 Factory ICS/JB ROM WITH OFFLINE FIX + UNBRICK
    Works perfect on Win-XP/W7/W8 32bit/64bit. UNBRICKS ALL SOFT-BRICKED L9 (P760/765/P768/P769)

TRUST ME THIS IS NOT LENGTHY PROCESS, I JUST HAVE PUT THEM IN EASY STEPS FOR COMPLETE NOOB PERSON. EXPERTS PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM COMMENTING HARSH ON ME. :p

THIS METHOD IS ALWAYS FASTER THAN ONLINE WITH PC SUITE, WHICH DOWNLOADS HUGE FILE ONLINE AND YOU NEED TO WAIT UNTIL IT FINISHES DOWNLOADING IN THE MIDDLE OF FLASHING.

In first part of this Guide, we are creating a Local Web-Server for LG Support Tool and will try everything which will PREVENT the tool to connect to real LG server over internet. We have to create SMALL SERVER on our own system and redirect tool to this webpage.

FIRST DOWNLOAD YOUR OWN OFFICIAL KDZ (LG ROM) FILE FROM MY ROM COLLECTION PAGE or from anywhere and proceed...

0) Precautions:
    ___A) Select "Debugging Mode" as ON (Ticked) in Phone Settings (Developer Section)
    ___B) Select "Install from Unknown Sources" as ON (Ticked) in Phone Settings (Security Section)
    ___C) Indian version of L9 does not come with "Lookout Security Antivirus" already installed. But KDZ from other countries may have it already installed, FORCE CLOSE AND UNINSTALL it from app manager. If you cannot uninstall, at least DISABLE it. This program is known to be preventing connection and rooting of device.
    ___D) Remove all other USB devices (external hdd, backup drives, other phones, etc) and cables connected to PC to avoid issued due to voltage loss. (example)
    ___E) OFFLINE KDZ FLASHING DOES NOT LOOSE PHONE DATA, BUT YOU MUST BACKUP YOUR PHONE IN ANY CASE.

1) Find NOTEPAD program from StartMenu of Windows and Right Click on it and run it with "Run as Administrator" option. Remember use "Run as Administrator" while opening, otherwise you will not be able to save it after changes.

Now you need to open "HOSTS" file located in folder "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" with following method.

Click File Menu >>> Open File >>> Now copy-paste following in "Open File" Box.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Please note the opened file name is only "hosts" and does not have file-extension like txt or anything.

When file is opened, add following lines at bottom of "hosts" file, a file with no extension like txt/doc/xls.

127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
    127.0.0.1 csmgdl.lgmobile.com
    Now SAVE file and Close it.

Content of Hosts file looks like this sample file. Close this file , because we may not need it after this point.
    AND RESTART PC NOW (check if lines are still there after Restart. They should be there.)

2) INSTALLING SMALL SERVER: Download "shttps.zip" (attached below) and Extract the Zipped folder "shttps" in root of C-drive of your computer.
    Now Right click on "C:\shttps\http.exe" file and "Run As Administrator" and in Windows Compatibility Mode with "WindowsXP SP3" (must for Win7/8) , a server status window will open "MINIMIZE IT BUT DONT CLOSE IT" and you will also see a SMALL SERVER icon in TASKBAR, like mentioned below.

picture.php

WEBSERVER TESTING: If webserver is running correct, YOU SHOULD SEE A SWEET GIRL WITH L9 WHEN YOU CLICK THIS >>> http://127.0.0.1:9002
    If you don't see a GIRL, something is wrong. Start again.

COMING TO ACTUAL FLASH PROCESS.

3) Download (attached) and Extract "KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip" and save the folder on desktop or any suitable place on your hard-disk.

4) Optional if "MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser" is already installed before: Install it by finding and installing "msxml.msi" file in flash folder.

5A) Optional if "B2CAppClient" is already installed before: Internet Must be ON and Right-Click on B2CAppSetup.exe and Run As Administrator. If not installed before, it will download a setup file, will install it and open "LGMOBILE SUPPORT TOOL" box as shown below. Without doing anything just close this box because we will install latest LG Universal Android driver manually in next step.

picture.php

5B) Optional if "LG Android USB Driver" is already installed before: Install latest "LG USB Driver (Download 4.0.4 here)" Remember your Phone is not connected yet.

NOW YOU ARE ALL SET AND READY TO FLASH

6) Never installed JellyBean before and with Locked Bootloader? Then Connect Phone in Software Upgrade Mode: Switch OFF the phone and Press VolumeUP button and insert USB cable into phone, Now phone should show SW Upgrade Mode.

Let windows load any drivers, wait until it finishes. TWO ENTRIES SHOULD APPEAR IN DEVICE MANAGER IF DRIVERS ARE PROPERLY INSTALLED, LIKE THIS SCREENSHOT or this screenshot. (ignore detected entries in following screenshot, they will be different every time)

Post-JB issue: If you have installed JellyBean before, Phone may not go in "Software Upgrade Mode" or Flashing stops at 14% in 11th step.
    Then do this
    WORKAROUND: Keep the Phone POWERED ON with USB connected and on "LG Software" mode and do next step of flashing KDZ with Update tool and the phone will automatically go in software upgrade mode.
    7) Execute "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe" with "Run As Administrator" option and in Windows Compatibility Mode with "WindowsXP SP3" (must for Win7/8) >> and Select your KDZ file. Select "3GQCT" in Type of Flash and select "EMERGENCY" for PhoneMode. Ignore all other options and press "NORMAL WEB UPGRADE TEST" at bottom. This button is very light and hard to see at first attempt. :D

picture.php

IMPORTANT: Do not change names of the KDZ files from LG server or downloaded from my this and this page. (They should look like.... "V10G_00.kdz" or other version in same style.)

8) Now "Read Phone Information" box will open with blank information, Just press "Upgrade Start"

picture.php

9) A small box at bottom-right side may appear like below, which you may "ignore" or "cancel"

picture.php

10) Now "Select country and language" small box will open. Here select "Different Country" and "English" and press "OK".

picture.php

11) Now actual flashing will start and PHONE UPDATE TOOL (shown below) will appear, and if your KDZ file is good flashing will end without any issue.

JUST RELAX!! SIT BACK WITH HANDS FOLDED BEHIND HEAD AND WATCH IT HAPPENING. :D

When it finishes full flashing and phone will start rebooting.

YOU CAN REMOVE CABLE AFTER 100%, AND FLASHING IS FINISHED!!!
    Close all programs.

FLASHING ERROR AT THIS POINT? If you have installed JB before then your flashing may stop at 4% to 14%. This may be due JB rom already installed before or due to driver not completely installed for "SW Upgrade Mode".

WORKAROUND: Cancel flashing by exiting LG Update Tool. Phone should be still in SW Upgrade Mode, Remove USB Cable, wait 10 seconds, Insert USB cable again and let all drivers install for this mode. The device manager should look LIKE THIS SCREENSHOT. START AGAIN FROM STEP 6 (Read about Post-JB Issue)
    picture.php

BOOTLOOPS? STUCK AT LG LOGO? : Dont worry!!! If you were on CM and flashed JB or vice versa or your data partition is not matching with new partitions, then your phone may get BOOTLOOPS on LG Logo.

HARD-RESET to solve it (Press VolDown, Home and Power all together) You will loose data, dont worry, before starting you took BACKUP and I am sure about it. :D Phone should start normally. (Click for correct method of HARDRESET)

You're done!!! Phone is FLASHED!!!

12) Remove lines we added from HOSTS file mentioned above. Do it now!!! Dont complaint later that LG KDZ download links are not working. LOLZ :D

IMP NOTE: This is also called OFFLINE FOTA and all your Phone Settings, DATA on internal card and external card and also the installed APPLICATIONS will remain as it is. Enjoy!!

TROUBLESHOOTING, IN CASE OF ANY ISSUES: Check following workarounds.

1. Uninstall LG Driver, RESTART PC and then REINSTALL DRIVER before connecting phone to pc.
    2. Run B2CAppSetup.exe and let it download and install LG Support Tool. After it opens just close it because it will not be needed later.
    3. After Adding lines in HOSTS file, confirm if file is saved or not and then RESTART PC to see the added lines are there or not. This is to be done after first step is done.
    4. Sometimes the downloaded file could be corrupted too. Do fresh download when your internet connection is good.
    5. "Microsoft Security Essential" (Antivirus+Firewall) falsely recognizes "C:\shttps\http.exe" as virus (false alarm) and blocks it. Either allow it to execute or Get RID of this Antivirus.
    ....and try again with next procedure.

Also Visit Post Number 3 for FAQ with more queries.

B) Root Rootable KDZ with OLD Bin4ry method.

Second Post ...
    Download from Mirror Links

1) https.zip (dev-host server link)
    FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
    -------------------------------------------
    Q) Even after fresh flashing or when any experiment goes bad, you may see following DEAD ANDROID with Red Triangle and exclamation mark over its body. What to do?
    picture.php

Workaround A) You may think, you have just killed it, but HEY, Wait, Relax. Even I got this issue when I flashed Prada Apk for CWM and then reflashed.

FORCE SWITCH OFF: First press Power Button for 10 seconds, phone will turn off, like laptops turn off with same trick. Then restart phone and see if it starts normally. If no then you need to do hard reset as mentioned below.

HARD RESET: Remove the Battery and insert it after few seconds. And now do the 3 button HARD RESET. First press VOLUMEDOWN and HOMEbutton. Then Press Power button only for 3 seconds and release power button but dont release VolDown and Home button and KEEP BOTH PRESSING until you see a Bigger Green Standing Android and circulating Molecular structure above it. DONE! Your Android should boot now and will be back in action. ALL DATA AND APPS WILL BE WIPED, BUT HEY IT GETS ITS LIFE BACK and LIFE'S GOOD. :D

Workaround B) You might have issue with bootloader or CWM installation error, JUST FLASH KDZ AFRESH and you will again see above screen after finishing, Just Repeat Workaround A, hard-reset it immediately. (I had to do this at least thrice, and everytime it came back ) Thats why they call it, LG DEVICES ARE UNBRICKABLE.:D A completely ignored feature which wins above all.

Q)
    What is KDZ? Sorry I am first time on XDA with new LG Phone.

A) Welcome to XDA, Like we install Windows XP or 7 on pc, every phone needs Operating System too to function. Phones also need this OS and its Drivers to be installed and functioning. The OS files here are generally called "FIRMWARE" or "ROM" files. The company LG bundles whole OS, Drivers and other supporting files and applications, into one single huge file and they gave it a file-extension name as "KDZ". The regular updates of OS are also released by manufacturers either via download or directly in device via 3G or WiFi which is also called FOTA (Firmware Over The Air). Here in this thread we are talking about flashing (clean install) of the KDZ on phone, which should actually be done by LG Service Centres only and not us. :D But well these days everyone is doing that with the help of helpful tips and apps given by experts on XDA. Hope some things are clear here. :)

Size of KDZ file: Generally KDZ files for LG L9 are around 480+MB to 600MB for ICS version. For Optimus 2x the KDZ file is around 300MB (GB) to 600MB (ICS). Hope this helps too. :)

Q)
    Well, I could successfully Root my phone, but how to install CWM?

A) Working CWM 6.x by Artas182x is here. Read instructions carefully.

Q)
    After installing CWM by Artas182x, how to go Recovery Mode (in CWM menu)? Could not go by pressing Power button while pressing VolumeDown. (Why LEDS on phone blink rapidly while rebooting phone?)

A) That method is wrong for CWM. The correct method is Switch On phone with single power button and release it. When LG logo appears in a moment LEDS start blinking, quickly press and release VolDown button, you will be now in CWM menu.

Q)
    After Rooting on V10C, can I update to latest ROM, keeping device ROOTed?

A) Not directly by upgrading via OTA (Air). BUT YES at some extent you can do it for some models. There is a thread by me with Collection of Rooted CWM Backups for various models. Read thread carefully for details. While writing this (on 24-Feb) I am on Rooted P765V10G due to the CWM Backup sent by another user DarkFable.

Q)
    How to start L9 phone in SW Upgrade Mode and connect to PC?

A) Connect USB cable to PC but do not connect to Phone. If phone is on, Switch it OFF. While Pressing VolumeUP button and insert USB cable into phone and keep pressing the button, let windows load any drivers (if required), wait until it finishes. Phone will show SW Upgrade Mode screen (SEE IMAGE) and you can release the button.

Q)
    I am not able to Root my P765/P768/P769/P760? What could be wrong?

A) Everything to ROOT L9 is available in this thread, read carefully and do as instructed.
    This tutorial was made after successful and easy flashing of India V10C Rom and Rooting P765 on it. You can find download link from second post above for matching V10A for your variant. You can download and flash roms released for other countries too, as most of them will have English (US) as a common language.

A user could Root P760V10A and using Voodoo, updated to [V10E on OTA] and Restored Root with V10E. Will not work with offline flash method.

Q)
    Can we OverClock L9?

A) I have not tried but yes, someone already did OVERCLOCKED L9 to 1.3GHz here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34192656

Q)
    Where can I find official KDZ ROM for flashing for my device?

A) You can visit my OFFICIAL ROM LINKER page , enter your IMEI and find your own latest ROM available to Download. Works for any LG Android SmartPhone. Or you can visit this page for old Official KDZ for any device any country.

Q)
    What if I HARDBRICK my phone and it never recover back?

A) According to this post, one of our L9 expert artas182x who says, "For now our L9 is unbrickable, because we haven't got access to recovery.img and boot.img and we can try many methods to port CM9 or CM10 without hard brick." And that is fact, so lets relax at the moment. :D

Q)
    How to extract bootloader (boot.img) and recovery (recovery.img )_from any phone or KDZ?

A) There is very good procedure explained here by AngryWolf80. Please read and click THANKS button for him.
    EDIT: Worked perfect on PC with ADB SHELL. (Hint: Give "su" command first)

Q)
    How to Run As Administrator? Where we find this command?

A) Please Google it. (trust me someone asked me this recently, well good news, not on xda :D)

Q) How to start Service Menu (Hidden Menu) on L9?

A)
    To use Service Menu or Hidden Menu type 3845#*760# and call you will get Service Menu. This example is for 760, but you can enter 765 for P765 and so on. Dont actually mess with options as these are serious commands used by qualified service center engineers. Some options are easy to understand but most are not. So be careful and don't say I did not warn you if you lose network permanently. :D

Q) How to use DLNA of L9? (How to use L9 as Media Storage Device)?

A) I created one more Tutorial for DLNA connection of L9, here.

Hope this helps.

Other workarounds

Please do not follow this OLD ROOTING GUIDE as I have written NEW ROOTING GUIDE for...

Easiest Rooting + Unlocking of LG L9 [Bye Bye Fastboot] by CMahendra
    Rooting is possible directly from phone. Tested and 100% working!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2779985

==============================================================

Before we start please remember, Use information at your own risk.
    Rooting ICS ON LG OPTIMUS L9 (OLD BIN4RY METHOD) Only for ICS.
    Thanks to Bin4ry who gave us this FIRST Working L9 Rooting Method.

1) Download and Flash Rootable ICS KDZ: It is known that this Root works on V10A for all L9 Models. Root works on V10C on P765. Root works on V10E on P769 (No Rom available, V10E comes from factory). Root works on V10A of P768.
    At the moment Rooting does not work on higher versions of Roms, hence you will need to downgrade by flashing Rootable KDZ. Find Download Links of Rootable KDZ in this thread and please read related information carefully. This tutorial was made after testing with Indian V10C KDZ for P765.

2) Download "RootBinary.zip" (attached) and Extract to D-drive on your pc. You will find a new Folder "D:\RootBinary" and some files inside it.

3) Precautions:
    ___A) Select "Debugging Mode" as ON (Ticked) in Phone Settings (Developer Section)
    ___B) Select "Install from Unknown Sources" as ON (Ticked) in Phone Settings (Security Section)
    ___C) Indian version of L9 does not come with "Lookout Security Antivirus" already installed. But KDZ from other countries may have it already installed, FORCE CLOSE AND UNINSTALL it from app manager. If you cannot uninstall, at least DISABLE it. This program is known to be preventing connection and rooting of device.

4) Install Drivers "LG USB Driver (Download 4.0.4 here)"

5) Connect Phone to PC with USB in "MTP" mode, let all drivers install for detected hardware items, then in "Charge Only" Mode, let all drivers install, then in "PTP" mode and let all drivers install, LASTLY connect in "LG SOFTWARE" Mode and let all drivers install. (confirmed by this user too)

(Installing drivers in MTP, PTP and Charge Only is necessary, it does not take too much time. Just do it. It may save your time, as your rooting process will not stop for any unknown reason at any point) :D

6) Keep phone in "LG SOFTWARE" Mode and wait until it is connected. Now at this moment Device Manager should show 3 entries like this. If not, flashing will not work.

7) Now Open "Command Prompt" on pc with "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" option. (Type cmd in startmenu and when "command prompt" appears, right click on it and run it as Administrator)

8) Type "D:" and Press Enter key. And then type "CD \RootBinary" at Command Prompt and enter in directory, to show "D:\RootBinary>" in command prompt where your root files are present.

9) This is optional but its good to check if your Phone is connected to PC or not. Always better to confirm it. Type following command in command prompt box "stuff\adb devices" (all lower case) and press enter. Now Command Prompt should show the line showing the Device ID of connected device. (see image)

10) Now type and enter main rooting command "RUNME" (executes RunMe.bat) and then Select 1 for Normal Mode Rooting. Now look at Phone you will be asked if you want to RESTORE DATA, press "RESTORE MY DATA" button on Phone.

11) The Phone will reboot twice automatically and that is normal, press key on computer when prompted

12) YOU WILL SEE A LINE SAYING YOUR PHONE IS ROOTED. Go and check in phone app list, if icon of "SuperSU" is present or not. If yes you are ROOTED (Now install CWM in next step).

SIMPLE TEST: When you install and open (run) AdAway, then SuperSU will stop you and ask for permission to open. VOILA!!! Thats the sign of rooted android. Its done! :D Enjoy

13) IMPORTANT: Above only plain rooting and does not install CWM (ClockWorkMod). Now you need to install CWM Recovery Installer by Artas182x to use CWM.

ALL SCREENSHOTS ADDED.... Please check all carefully.

PROBLEM? If Bin4ry's rooting file is not working then, you can try same by replacing with Zanakorus33's Batch file, instead of "RunMe.bat" file by Bin4ry. Thanks to Zanakorus33 and Mingkee.
    great work, but i do this tutorial for root in my LG p765 from indonesia and its not work. The phone wont restart after i click restore.
    My phone has already had 10c when i was buying it. Or i must install 10c kdz from the link you gave it?

thanks before:good:

May be its stopping saying "Permission Denied Are you root?" I am not sure. But please also see step 4 (newly added).

Firstly, as we both have P765, it should work with INDIA V10c link. But as you say its not working, I may help if you clearly mention where it fails with what message? and with what circumstances? May be you are missing some link or driver issue or small server issue. We will come to know only if you give clear picture, may be with screenshot.

I will also recommend you to try ROOTing on V10b and V10a of INDONESIA/INDIA, if possible. Well at the moment we all are still at experiment level. So Good Luck. :)
    ok one thing that was missing after all the hassle was the automatic offline procedure which you must run with command prompt after setting the hosts up and turing on the server as well you must start the windows enabler as a administrator attached is the missing file just rename it without the .txt to use it in command prompt

The vbs file does whole process automatically, but some people had issues with path and other things. This guide is complete manual and transparent process with no chance of mistakes.

PS: please delete my whole huge OP you have quoted in your post, which was not necessary. I see no point in repeating whole thing when your point is easily understandable.

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app