PRESTIGIO series thread. Hacks, Roms and Software

Search This thread

Athanasis

Dec 23, 2012
i hope google could fix it because i thought it was a problem with the device and i have done a factory reset(it happend with my mobile a long time a ago and the factory reset solved the problem.Also more people have this problem with their prestigious device(you can see them in the prestigio facebook page)

My prestigio devices don't have this problem. I guess it is something that google blocked for the GV7777. I will check the Facebook place you said.

Athanasis

Dec 23, 2012
I checked facebook.

It is a customer who gets the problem on the 3270B.

I own that tablet and it works normally..... it is definately not a prestigio thing.....

Athanasis

Dec 23, 2012
Ok guys I got an answer....

The GV7777 is blocked by google due to insufficient rights (Prestigio's problem).

But other wonderful prestigio products have no such restrictions ....

It is just because you get a wonderful TV, & GPS with the GV7777.

YOU DO NOT NEED GOOGLE PLAY OR OTHER GOOGLE SERVICES.... USE 3rd PARTY APPS TO GET FUNCTIONALITY WITH GMAIL, GTASKS GOOGLE DRIVE ETC........

Almost all the google play apps are available in the internet for "free". No need to use Google Play... No need to spend your money......

Nevertheless I will send Prestigio an email to fix it....

Coming back on the issue when i get an answer....

Athanasis

Dec 23, 2012
Prestigio fixed the issue with an OTA update.
These forums have the "Tapatalk" plugin installed which gives you control over reading your favorite threads. Following and asking in your favorite threads is the best way to participate in Bulletin forums. This helps in building up of ideas progressively giving a sense of linearity and fullness in knowledge.

I suggest everybody installs tapatalk on their handheld device and follow single favorite threads and avoid opening new ones!!!

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
sorted it

hi there needing some advice trying to root 3270b prestigio like you did it says error device not found but yet im connected to the computer but as well when i go to device manager it says drivers not installed any help would be great manythanks

dont matter finally got this to work now have rooted pmp 3270b and rooted pmp 5197d didnt really get any guidence from anyone on this site pretty lame really if anyone needs help with rooting prestigio if i can help i will send me private message and ill try to guide ya someone has to pass the knowledge on

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
help

:confused:
dont matter finally got this to work now have rooted pmp 3270b and rooted pmp 5197d didnt really get any guidence from anyone on this site pretty lame really if anyone needs help with rooting prestigio if i can help i will send me private message and ill try to guide ya someone has to pass the knowledge on

hi guys i have a rooted prestigio pmp5580c. i have lost all p reinstalled third party apps can anyone upload a file or a link to get them back please. thanks for your help and time. Joe. :good:

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
hello

what apps have u lost?????

i have lost all of the third-party that came p reinstalled on the tab. the whole folder has gone.when i done a factory reset and lost them.when it says would you like to install third party apps install or don't install i hit install and i says no file found? i have found most of them on play store but is not the same as what was already installed. i.e the folder. any help would be grate just to get it back to a complete tab.:good:

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
i have lost all of the third-party that came p reinstalled on the tab. the whole folder has gone.when i done a factory reset and lost them.when it says would you like to install third party apps install or don't install i hit install and i says no file found? i have found most of them on play store but is not the same as what was already installed. i.e the folder. any help would be grate just to get it back to a complete tab.:good:

have you tried going to prestigio website and seeing if you can download from there the right software for your tablet

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
hi

have you tried going to prestigio website and seeing if you can download from there the right software for your tablet

i have looked everywhere for the file no joy.:(

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

hi what tablet are you using? and have you come across any custom roms or even clockworkmod?

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
i have looked everywhere for the file no joy.:(

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

hi what tablet are you using? and have you come across any custom roms or even clockworkmod?

i have rooted pmp 3270b rooted pmp 5197d no not found clockworkmod yet when i try to flash the recovery on pmp 3270b it says clockwork recovery not avalible yet for this device and i have been looking into roms as of yet no joy i have back up of tablets that file you want if you tell me what apps you want i may have them

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
Applications missing
Blue, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Skype, eReader Prestigio, SugarSync, OTA updates, eBook, Music, Video Player, Gallery, E-Mail, Gmail, Google Maps, Office Suite, Currency Converter, Angry Birds, Chess Free, 250+ Solitairs, Camera, Google Play, Browser, Explorer, Calculator, Calendar, FreeNote, Stock Alert, Barcode Scanner/. i think they are in one whole file or folder. i have completely wiped mine. and need it to send back for exchange tab .cause my tab says it has jb installed already and it has not it ics 404- but on the box it came in says p reinstalled 4.1 they lied and i am have a few other issues with this tab. thanks for your replies and help. joe these are all the app i lost.

Last edited:

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
root

has anyone rooted a 5580 yet? i cant seem to do it

i used unlock root it worked on my device and many others:good:

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

make sure device is on and usb debugging is ticked and hit root .wait until device has rebooted and you have root.

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
Applications missing
Blue, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Skype, eReader Prestigio, SugarSync, OTA updates, eBook, Music, Video Player, Gallery, E-Mail, Gmail, Google Maps, Office Suite, Currency Converter, Angry Birds, Chess Free, 250+ Solitairs, Camera, Google Play, Browser, Explorer, Calculator, Calendar, FreeNote, Stock Alert, Barcode Scanner/. i think they are in one whole file or folder. i have completely wiped mine. and need it to send back for exchange tab .cause my tab says it has jb installed already and it has not it ics 404- but on the box it came in says p reinstalled 4.1 they lied and i am have a few other issues with this tab. thanks for your replies and help. joe these are all the app i lost.

im uploading now to dropbox the apk apps you will then be able to download and install what you need manualy to the tab i will put the link up in a bit for you cant right now gotta pop out but i will put it on here later hope it will help ya

Reactions: joecool666

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
there is not a jellybean just yet anywhere.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

thanks man chat later

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes guys. I managed to do it.

IMG00100-20121226-0126.jpg

And yes the application that may root this tablet is called "Android ICS Root Unlocker 1.0" Developed by GreekDev -11th July 2012
    This is a Zipped file that you will need to unzip.
    View attachment rootPMP3270B.zip

Make sure that USB is enabled on your tablet and also USB for debugging option is ticked to ON.
    Run CMD as an administrator and then write ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat
    It is important that you run it from CMD.
    At each tablet reboot wait before pressing a key to continue.
    Before pressing key to continue enable USB again on your tablet each time it reboots.

If you have problems contact me by quick PM.....
    there is not a jellybean just yet anywhere.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

thanks man chat later

whats your email man ill send ya the link
    Hi guys.

I thought it would be to good to open this thread and gather all the info available for the super value series of android tablets PRESTIGIO.....

I have seen many places in the web of people trying to Root PRESTIGIO tablets, ending up to a bricked tablet.

To save you a lot of stress and time, I opened this thread....

Please report your research on this threat.

I will also direct threads with information to this place so we have everything gathered !

I will start first.........................................
    I have also managed to Root another prestigio model.

The Prestigio 7777 GeoVision ICS 4.0.3

There is a trick.
    You need to make windows 7 not to see a non installed driver. I achieved it using virtual windows 7 on VMWare. Now I have Genuine rooted Android, with build in Digital TV Tuner and FM tranmitter.

Thanks
    (I promised to give you info, and I gave it to you)

Thanks to all who supported me...

----------
    Ok guys,,,,

I have just rooted my 3rd prestigio android.

The PMP4040 DUAL MultiPhone SmartPhone.....

Loaded with 2 Sims, this Prestigio phone compares well with the high end android ones that cost double its pay price !

Moving from the Dying brand Blackberry and a Blackberry Bold 9700 smart phone that I payed almost 3 times more of what I payed for this new prestigio purchase, is like sky and earth........... Android 4.0 and above got it perfectly right with that Prestigio Value for Money GOLD !!!!

Not to mention that the HeadQuarters of Prestigio run in the, destroyed by Turkish atrocities, island of Cyprus by wonderful Russian CEO's.