[Kernel][AOSP] BasicKernel 02/06

Search This thread

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Re: [Kernel][AOSP] BasicKernel 01/31

I think I love you. For the first time in AOSP, my COMPASS IS WORKING! This also fixed my rendering issues with some apps on 4.2. :highfive:

I'm getting closer and closer to Paranoid Android being my daily driver. If only GPS and 4.2 camera weren't so flaky... :(

Well while the compass is fixed for me as well i don't think it was anything I did, test and verify that cm didn't fix it first

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
sbrissen posted a day or two ago on the official nightlies thread that he fixed several sensors including magnet. Guessing that's what did it more so than the kernel.

WishRyder

Feb 2, 2008
Waukee, IA
Well while the compass is fixed for me as well i don't think it was anything I did, test and verify that cm didn't fix it first

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

All I know is the Paranoid Android beta 2.99+ or whatever is the only one they released and my compass wasn't working in it originally. I went back to beans but when I saw a AOSP kernel, I had to give it a shot. I flashed the same PA file as before (didn't even redownload it), only this time, I flashed your kernel with it, and BAM, compass.

Even if it's not your doing, I'm blaming you by giving you my thanks. :good:

jdenman03

Aug 6, 2008
Indianapolis
All I know is the Paranoid Android beta 2.99+ or whatever is the only one they released and my compass wasn't working in it originally. I went back to beans but when I saw a AOSP kernel, I had to give it a shot. I flashed the same PA file as before (didn't even redownload it), only this time, I flashed your kernel with it, and BAM, compass.

Even if it's not your doing, I'm blaming you by giving you my thanks. :good:
i am running liquidsmooth and agree with your statement. As soon as i upgraded kernal my auto rotate works automatically and my compass works.

Aug 16, 2012

Never had a problem, then flashed and it was gone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

kejar31

May 24, 2010

Well I guess my first question would be... What ROM are you running? Have you tried to reinstall your ROM (which in return would uninstall this kernel).. Have you tried to reboot?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidOnRoids

Dec 30, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Well I guess my first question would be... What ROM are you running? Have you tried to reinstall your ROM (which in return would uninstall this kernel).. Have you tried to reboot?

I flashed your kernel in the same session when flashing CM10.1 nightly 1/31 and lost signal too. I went to do a factory reset and reflashed the rom with stock kernel and my signal is back.

EDIT: Lol that's weird. This time I flashed your kernel after I booted up stock CM10 and went back to recovery to flash it. Now I have a 4G signal. :D

Last edited:

Jeff Zaugg

Feb 26, 2012

Ive tried flashing this kernel over cm10 alpha 3 a couple times. After the galaxy note 2 splash screen the screen goes black and nothing happens. Anyone had this happen? I tried redownloading the kernel again but same thing....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

spiderbolt

May 2, 2012
I flashed this on bakedbeans 7.1 and ran pretty good until I tried to use WiFi tether and it would not let me connect to my phone did a dirty flash over to restore originally kernel n and I can tether no problem

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana

I flashed this on bakedbeans 7.1 and ran pretty good until I tried to use WiFi tether and it would not let me connect to my phone did a dirty flash over to restore originally kernel n and I can tether no problem

I installed this kernel on a clean install of CM 10.1. Native tethering is working fine for me.

kejar31

May 24, 2010

This Kernel is built using CM's Ramdisk.. So if the developer is doing anything different there that might cause issues.

I know for a fact you should not have any issues with CM AOKP or Liquid... That is the 4.2 based ones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay.. Most of you people know who I am.. and if you know me you know I am not much of a kernel dev :p ... Regardless, I love AOSP but while running CM10.1, I felt I was missing some things that were more readily available for a Stock ROM.. Things such as (unofficial)Voodoo sound, Overclocking and Undervolting.. So I went ahead and forked CM's kernel and added a few needed things.

Notes:

Thie kernel is for AOSP only!

This kernel include's codeworkx's downgrade to mali r2p4 commit from CM's gerrit.. In this commit codeworkx specifically states that there is a memory leak. Now I will also say this.. This downgrade greatly improves the graphical glitches found in the android 4.2 ROMS, IE no more keyboard funkyness etc... I have yet to see this leak myself and think the trade-off is worth it. If this causes serious issues for people let me know.

Features:

Compiled with the Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain
    Updated wifi driver
    Unofficial Voodoo sound driver (otherwise this has not been reviewed and approved by Supercurio)
    OverClock up to 1.8 Ghz
    CPU Undervolting
    Downgrade to mali r2p4 which fixed graphic glitches

ChangeLog:

A4 - initial release

A5
    Compiled with the Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain
    Updated wifi driver

Downloads:

Kernel source - https://github.com/kejar31/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

i605 (VZW) - http://androidhosting.org/Devs/kejar31/BasicKernel-i605-A5.zip

Credit:

gokhanmoral
    codeworkx
    sbrissen
    CyanogenMod
    supercurio
    Tk-Glitch
    All kernels will work across all Roms soon enough.. New drivers were leaked with a 9300 4.2 build and they fix known issues.. So I would expect all rom and kernels will be using them in the future

Sorry looks as though we lost the hosting we had for the kernel :(

This kernel is now part of a larger project... Carbon ROM.. But if you would like to download the kernel in and of its self you can find a test one here

http://goo.im/devs/carbon/i605/Carbon-Test-Kernel-1-i605-A6.zip

Its not bad. Not getting near the benchmarks i was getting with jelly beans and perseus kernal.

j3Vx9sHX

Ps: battery seems to be better on this now though(liquid 3.2.1)

Benchmarks don't matter. Don't waste your time.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2
    Can this be flashed using liquid 3.2.1?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

yes it can