FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

7.8 from Mango in one download and 10 steps

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By cdgoin, Senior Member on 1st February 2013, 01:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Everything you need from Mango (DVPs normally upgrade to Mango on their own) to 7.8 is there..

#1 - First be sure your phone has gone through the normal procedure to 7720 (Mango)

#2 - Then go here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15491148/Update%20-%20DVP.zip

Done.. and done..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdgoin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cdgoin Ad-Free

2nd February 2013, 07:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This worked amazingly well - thanks for posting all the right info and files together in one easy place!
2nd February 2013, 05:04 PM |#3  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Thank you! It worked!!
2nd February 2013, 08:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
DVP help
Attached is what i'm looking at is it supposed to say "ERROR: no update found"

Also how do you know why it update is finished? I ran all 7 cabs through the sender and nothing happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sender.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1698371  
2nd February 2013, 09:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Currently on 8107
im on build 8107 will this still work?
3rd February 2013, 03:14 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Midlothian, VA

More
Tutorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunvalleyadrian

Also how do you know why it update is finished? I ran all 7 cabs through the sender and nothing happened.

OK.. First off remember to move the CABs in order to the folder th BAT file is in, don't move the BAT to the CAB folder.

This will work with any version post Mango.. Just start with the set of CABs you last ended with.

IE, if you have 8107, go to the folder after 8107 and use those CABs..till 7.8..

Other tips..

1) Make sure you have upgrade via Zune to Mango first

2) Make sure Zune is off

3) make sure you install the WP07 support tools before running the BAT file.

4) to ensure a clean install of all filess.. Hard reset the phone. Before installing all the CAB files.

Hope that helps.. Remember when all else fails read the directions.
3rd February 2013, 03:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Midlothian, VA

More
Tutorial
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunvalleyadrian

OK..

> First off remember to move the CABs in order to the folder the BAT file is in
> Don't move the BAT to the CAB folder. (It won't find the program files it needs that way)
> You will know it done with each step, when your phone and the command line says Success! (This will come up each time you go through the Update procedure)
> Don't try to run the BAT file without moving the CABs into the correct folder (results it will not finding the files to update with)
> Don't try to run all the CABs at one time (From all the folders) also can cause problem
> DO copy ALL the files from the INDIVIDUAL folders for each run.. (Some updates required 1 file, some 2, some 3, etc.)

So remember :

Create folder and unzip all the files and folders into the directory (We will call it UPDATE and put it on the desktop for example)

Install WP7 Update Tool (See folder --> update tool - INSTALL FIRST)

Start by moving the files in CABS/7740 folder to the main UPDATE folder you created (the one with the BAT file in it) and run the bat.

In command windows hit <S>

Let phone go through the upgrade process

After successful upgrade, move the 7740 file(s) from main folder, and replace with CABs from the next folder (8107) in the order

Run the BAT again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Also, This will work with any version post Mango.. Just start with the set of CABs you last ended with.

IE, if you have 8107, go to the next folder after 8107 and use those CABs..till 7.8..

Other tips..

1) Make sure you have upgraded via Zune to Mango first

2) Make sure Zune is off

3) To ensure a clean install of all the CABs. Hard reset the phone. Before installing all the CAB files. (Not required.. but it doesn't hurt)

Hope that helps.. Remember when all else fails read the directions.
3rd February 2013, 05:38 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage25rcracer

im on build 8107 will this still work?

Yup, I upgraded my son's from 8107, just started by using the next higher numbered CABS folder. Thanks to the OP!
5th February 2013, 06:44 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Just followed this on my unlocked AT&T DVP. Went from Mango to 7.8 in about 30 minutes total, with no issues during installation. Still testing the phone out o see if everything works, but so far so good.

Awesome stuff dude, thanks! Very easy to follow instructions that are noob safe.
5th February 2013, 07:33 PM |#10  

More
Worked.
Thank You.
6th February 2013, 02:39 PM |#11  

More
FWIW, I had success upgrading using this method from 8773, without resetting the device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dell venue pro 7.8 8858

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)