Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2013, 06:36 PM |#1461  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkin

Good morning ppl.

I didn't read this topic for few days, so I don't know if no one wrote about it.

Anyone have a sd card bug : "unknown in/out error"?

tapatalked with LG P990

Yeah, I do have that problem too, idk what the problem is, but no matter what I do, I formatted the sdcard 4 times now, and the problem keeps happening, so, I guess is my sd card goodbye 32 gig sdcard
The Following User Says Thank You to ocr66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ocr66 Ad-Free
2nd February 2013, 08:01 PM |#1462  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocr66

Yeah, I do have that problem too, idk what the problem is, but no matter what I do, I formatted the sdcard 4 times now, and the problem keeps happening, so, I guess is my sd card goodbye 32 gig sdcard

Using what software do you get that error, and what sdcard ? Internal or External ?
I need logs, kernel logs and logcats, if you think this is a kernel related bug, otherwise please post in the rom threads....
The Following User Says Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 08:57 PM |#1463  
Flag Nokia
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Uhm, Pengus... hlp.

Some pretty serious drain. Happens always just after phone is out of range of connected AP. Normal battery usage with mobile data (3G/HDSPA) is something similar to wifi usage (roughly 1-2 % per /h), but nothing like this. Workaround is to disable and enable wifi, after that battery usage normalizes to 1-2% per h. Tried with your build of CM10 w/ your kernel and everything extra installed (dhcp / wpa), and with newest PA, same thing happens.

Actually, if you have a possibility to try it for yourself, here is how:

- Connect phone to wifi AP.
- Power off AP.
-> Lots of drain.
- from phone -> wifi off & on again -> no drain

Works for me every time.

Logs attached, and some pretty pictures. Disconnected from AP at roughly 19:02.

EDIT:

Attached a screenshot of a normal 3G/mobile battery usage (normal_mobile.jpg)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-02-20-45-39.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1698449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-02-20-46-41.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1698450   Click image for larger version

Name:	normal_mobile.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1698571  
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (105.8 KB, 0 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _kankea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _kankea Ad-Free
2nd February 2013, 09:11 PM |#1464  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _kankea

Uhm, Pengus... hlp.

Some pretty serious drain. Happens always just after phone is out of range of connected AP. Normal battery usage with mobile data (3G/HDSPA) is something similar to wifi usage (roughly 1-2 % per /h), but nothing like this. Workaround is to disable and enable wifi, after that battery usage normalizes to 1-2% per h. Tried with your build of CM10 w/ your kernel and everything extra installed (dhcp / wpa), and with newest PA, same thing happens.

Actually, if you have a possibility to try it for yourself, here is how:

- Connect phone to wifi AP.
- Power off AP.
-> Lots of drain.
- from phone -> wifi off & on again -> no drain

Works for me every time.

Logs attached, and some pretty pictures. Disconnected from AP at roughly 19:02.

Thanks, i'll look into it. Just for curiosity, does this happen also with stock cm kernel ?
2nd February 2013, 09:16 PM |#1465  
Flag Udine
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi pengus! I've some trouble with the wifi.

I'm on your rom with the last kernel, flashed the dhcp, iwtools and wpa_supplicant (and also just now to avoid any mistake). In kowalsky manager i don't use psp, i think my fonera with dd-wrt doesn't like it.

When i connect to my ap, the most of times i see only a fraction of second the connection estabilished, then the wifi icon disappears and no way to reconnect. Other times i can get the ip but after a couple of minutes, or well a bunch of tenth seconds, i loose the wifi signal. I catched a logcat of this last behavior.

Thanks for your efforts and time!
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (495.6 KB, 2 views)
2nd February 2013, 09:22 PM |#1466  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieghen89

Hi pengus! I've some trouble with the wifi.

I'm on your rom with the last kernel, flashed the dhcp, iwtools and wpa_supplicant (and also just now to avoid any mistake). In kowalsky manager i don't use psp, i think my fonera with dd-wrt doesn't like it.

When i connect to my ap, the most of times i see only a fraction of second the connection estabilished, then the wifi icon disappears and no way to reconnect. Other times i can get the ip but after a couple of minutes, or well a bunch of tenth seconds, i loose the wifi signal. I catched a logcat of this last behavior.

Thanks for your efforts and time!

Uhm weird, most probably a problem with your router that doesn't really like the Fast PSP mode. Turn off wifi, then in Kowalski Manager disable Wake PM and re-enable wifi. Check if it behaves the same. If it does it's time to test with another router...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 09:28 PM |#1467  
Flag Nokia
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

Thanks, i'll look into it. Just for curiosity, does this happen also with stock cm kernel ?

Haven't tried because your kernel rocks. With 009 kernel there was no drain but after that... with every newer kernel. I got rid of it for awhile with dhcpcd_556.zip but now, even with fresh install of everything(did not wipe data, though): no dice.

If there's anything I can try, tell me. I can try the default kernel but it'll take some time(=tomorrow) because I'm drunk
The Following User Says Thank You to _kankea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _kankea Ad-Free
2nd February 2013, 09:43 PM |#1468  
Flag Udine
Thanks Meter: 8

More
R: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][011p3 - 2013/01/28] Kowalski Kernel
Quote:

Uhm weird, most probably a problem with your router that doesn't really like the Fast PSP mode. Turn off wifi, then in Kowalski Manager disable Wake PM and re-enable wifi. Check if it behaves the same. If it does it's time to test with another router...

Do you know the weird thing? In kowalski manager i don't have wake PM. And looking into /proc/sys (if i remember i should see the wifi folder) i have nothing. The WiFi is on of course.

Edit: forget everything. Flashed again the kernel and seems working. Very weird :/

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359841228604.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1698637   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359841258905.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1698648  
2nd February 2013, 09:50 PM |#1469  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieghen89

Do you know the weird thing? In kowalsky manager i don't have wake PM. And looking into /proc/sys (if i remember i should see the wifi folder) i have nothing. The WiFi is on of course.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

They're in /sys/kernel/wifi_pm since 011 (it's in 2nd post...) and Wake PM should be in the Kowalski Manager that comes with 011p3. If it's not, then you can "echo 1 > /sys/kernel/wifi_pm/wake_pm" and turn wifi back on.
The Following User Says Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 11:01 PM |#1470  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 67

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wishlist

* Wake by volume buttons
[...]

My Nokia N950 has a great feature of wake by screen double tap.

Well... Just teasing...
2nd February 2013, 11:17 PM |#1471  
Thanks Meter: 802

More
Hmm.. Sorry for asking, but I remember you once had a long discussion about this and I'm not sure what the conclusion was..
On "About Phone" on ICS ROMs, you don't see [email protected] under kernel, you only see numbers: 2.6.39.4.. This is normal and just fine, right? I'm on DM 1.4X...
Thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)