[OFFICIAL]][JB:CM10:HYBRD] PARANOIDANDROID general thread!

Search This thread

mikiplus

Oct 13, 2012
Macerata
can you type this in cmd/terminal on your computer
Code:
adb shell
cd /sd-ext/gapps/system/app
ls

and post the results?

I can't, there's no "gapps" directory inside "sd-ext" directory. I know is stupid, but I'm also sure that the sdcard is mounted. I can see it from android and from the adb shell.
Nevertheless I'm sure that there's no errors from the gapps flashing

Last edited:

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
I can't, there's no "gapps" directory inside "sd-ext" directory. I know is stupid, but I'm also sure that the sdcard is mounted. I can see it from android and from the adb shell.
Nevertheless I'm sure that there's no errors from the gapps flashing

Ha, got it, do a
Code:
adb shell
su
cd /sd-ext
mkdir gapps

or simply create the /sd-ext/gapps dir in CMFileExplorer

Reactions: mikiplus

mikiplus

Oct 13, 2012
Macerata
Oh yeah, and pls flash again^^
Try & report :)

Tried 2 times, also changing directory permissions, but still remain empty.

(Thanks for assisting me, but I will need my phone for work tomorrow morning, I think I will downgrade it to your previous versions. I will return to try the new build next weekend, I promise! :) )

chaosp

Jun 21, 2012
Hi!
I have the same problem like mikiplus: Fresh install (after wipe). No Gapps installed and no "google account" can be added.
But there is a directory /sd-ext/gapps and it's not empty (subdirectory system with further directories inside).

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
AW: [OFFICIAL]][JB:CM10:HYBRD] PARANOIDANDROID general thread!

Can you do a "ls -a" in /sd-ext/gapps?

If there's NO .extgapps file, create one (empty document) "echo -x > .extgapps"

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
AW: [OFFICIAL]][JB:CM10:HYBRD] PARANOIDANDROID general thread!

Weid, so basically all required are pushed and the scrips should be activated. I'm investigating, can't be too complicated.
Oh yeah, it's not compatible with any a2sd script except the one that comes with it by default, did I mention that?

chaosp

Jun 21, 2012
@WoH:
I've really done everything like described in your installation notes. Also a2sd is used as described. So the error reason must be somewhere else.

NB (german): Grüße nach München! :)

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
@WoH:
I've really done everything like described in your installation notes. Also a2sd is used as described. So the error reason must be somewhere else.

Yeah, I know, I just don't know why it's working for me :/
I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but I really think extgapps is (by far) the best solution to handle limited internal space, so I have to make this work for everyone.

Grüße zurück ;)

chaosp

Jun 21, 2012
And now? What can we deliver (further logs or information) or how can we help finding the reason for this error?

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I've flashed now again with the new instructions from your site (Gapps directly after flashing the rom and than the FC fix - without a reboot).
But it didn't help. no Gapps installed.

Then I've done a fresh full wipe. Flashed the Rom and the Gapps (without FC fix). Reboot: still no Gapps.

:(

dvsk69

Aug 1, 2012
@WoH:

What i did was to flash Nikez minimal Gapps and then use Titanium Backup to remove files that i don't use or that can be installed from Play Store.

I have around 22mb on /system and around 50 apps installed. No space issues whatsoever!

Sent from my HTC Desire

chaosp

Jun 21, 2012
Regarding to Post in the Developers forum: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37634557&postcount=76
I've installed the new version.

Full wipe,
flash rom
flash gapps
reboot.

Still no GApps!

Is it possible, that it only works if the sd-ext is Ext4 only (and not Ext3)?!

---------- Post added 6th February 2013 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 5th February 2013 at 11:36 PM ----------

no, a new repartitioning with an Ext4 partition didn't solve the problem.
Still no Gapps after:

full wipe.
flash rom (05.02.2012)
flash gapps
reboot.

ans something else I've not mentioned before:
After this install procedure the following apps are also not there: camera, torch

Androidmarketuser

Oct 21, 2010
[/COLOR]no, a new repartitioning with an Ext4 partition didn't solve the problem.
Still no Gapps after:

full wipe.
flash rom (05.02.2012)
flash gapps
reboot.

ans something else I've not mentioned before:
After this install procedure the following apps are also not there: camera, torch

Do you opened terminal and entered the commands, at least for a2sd?
su -> a2sd install -> y -> n -> y

Sorry didn't read your last posts :eek:
I don't use latest version but for me gapps worked instantly. Maybe you can try it with m2sd script as it works for other users, too...
So flash rom, gapps, mount2sd and the wipe cache and dalvik and MAYBE it works (I haven't tested it ;))

Last edited:

chaosp

Jun 21, 2012
At the moment I'm using the latest version with Gapps installed from the Nikez page.
But: as already mentioned before by somebody: Google+ doesn't work.

I think that the problem is independent from the usage of an app2sd script (like a2sd or mount2sd) as the apps do not appear after installation and other apps (camera) disappear after gapps installation.

Another bug I've found:
Settings -> Security -> setting the pattern for unlock (German: "Muster"): the buttons for setting are not displayed (not on the screen but somewhere "outside").

Just one posting more and I can write in the main thread (development). :)

Dr_Livesey

Jul 2, 2012
In last PA 2.99+ i can't uninstall some of google apps. I try Root Uninstaller and SystemApp remover. Anyone has idea how i can do this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paheader0hsmo.png

This is the official thread for ParanoidAndroid users. Feel free to talk about anything related to the ROM!

I'll answer questions about feature here to keep the dev thread as clean as possible.
    Feel free to suggest things, ask about features, I hope I can help you.
    I'll also try to make the rom better for everyone, so I might need opinions on some topics.

Is m2sd good for you? If no, why?
    I know there are some users out there that don't like m2sd, please send me your opinion. I always recommended it, but as I got a lot of things sorted out, chances are I could include m2sd or another a2sd script.

Should I include a file explorer?
    CM recently introduced a new file explorer, but I miss a lot of features (but it looks nice :D))
    I think SolidExplorer is the best file manager, do you have a preference?

Android 4.2 apps?
    I actually didn't want to modify too much, but the new clock does really look nice and I really like the new keyboard.
    I prefer installing it afterwards, you too?
    Paranoid Android 2.99+1 released ( it has been some time if I'm not wrong ). Android 4.2 and AOSP.

What are you going to do, WoH? Will you support only last CM10HYBRID build ( 2.54 ) with newer CM10 sources or will you work also on the new Paranoid AOSP or only PA3? Or maybe a Paranoid 3 + CM10 will be possible? I'm really curious about your choices, and if you'd like to share them, it would be interesting.

I'm also curious about the layouts of Android 4.2 : tablet has been removed if I'm right, and the phablet mode will be tablet from now on. I haven't heard so much from PA recently, but what have they said about this? Are they willing to change something?

PA 2.99 is
    a) Not open source
    b) Based on 4.2
    c) Based on AOSP
    d) A very very early test build

Now explanations:
    a) I don't know why it's not os, but I dislike their current attitude aswell (You're not allowed to include paprefs.apk into PACman for example)
    b) Android 4.2 is the worst thing google had on their servers so far, sorry, but that's a fact, apart from "little bugs" it's unstable and laggy, even on galaxy nexus, the improvements are little, the plus on the end-user side is minimal aswell (links to settings aka quicksettings & a (opinion: crappy) new lockscreen)
    c) As you might know our device isn't in AOSP, do the basic hardware won't work. I could use CM / EV repos, but that might be quite buggy, I haven't tested it, but it will need a lot of work if it's a good idea at all
    d) That's quite obvious

I'm working on CM10.1 because I think Google will fix a lot of issues in 4.2.1, they've got (more or less buildable, actually more fixable) sources on their github, we'll see about PA as soon as they publish 2.99/3.0+
    Evervolv is working on hardware repos, thanks a lot to drewis aka texasice, he's doing a great job.
    The only thing that still stops me from using this rom are the soft reboots everytime I get a text message and hit quick reply, really anoying. Anyone else experiencing this? Besides that, both PAC and PA are great, love the tablet mode, most of all!

If that stops you, I'm sorry, but I'm working (theoretically) on Android 4.2.
    In fact you can just open te whole message, works fine.

Android 4.2 changes a lot of things you might not be aware of, I really am lost on the display and audio at the moment.
    I could hack around audio for now (to get a first build), but there are massive problems with hwcomposer.
    I won't dig into it too much, but hwc is a new feature of 4.0+. Until now, hwc was 0.x, but for 4.2 it's 1.x and it seems to require proper vsync.
    Some of you think "that's great, finally butter" I can already tell it won't happen unless anyone wants to rewrite the whole kernel (or parts of it) and test if the hardware can handle it at all.
    We'll see what happens, to be honest we'll have to wait for drewis, maybe they descide to bring up 0.x and see if it works (I hope so, I think it's the fastest solution, otherwise we're in trouble)
    So it's like:
    - New Kernel
    - Luck (for the 0.x hwc hack
    - Magic (maybe CM devs or EV guys have a brilliant idea)
    or my favourite idea:
    - No 4.2

Sorry guys, I might just have evoked all the GB waaahs so kuhl and everything ehls is craaahp guys that call me an incapable idiot, but I don't know any further.
    By the way, this is how drewis himself puts it.
    I have a question about system setup process at first start after flash rom.
    Google account restore point is placed before wifi setup point. It's not the best way for me (it generates costs of data transmission).
    But i remember, in one of previous version, the order of these setup points was inverted, account restore was placed after wifi configuration.
    Is it possible to change the order? What it depends on?

Don't set it up on boot, add it later in the settings. If data is enabled on first boot, Google assumes you've got a data plan

Where can I enable a hot-reboot option if there is such an option?

I'm using ROM toolbox pro, but there are free apps aswell. I saw an overlay in EV sources that includes it into the power menu, maybe I'll include that some time.

Yep, other languages are not yet avaiable, but I can't get even English offline. I change the keyboard Language to "English" just before pressing the mic key and still it needs network. Is there any way I can get that keeping traces of Italian on my phone or I'll have to select "English" for every option in order to get offline dictation? Thanks for your quick answer.

Works for me on v0.3

Just wandering if im still s-on what will happen if I try this ROM

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Nuclear war. Without S-OFF you can't flash a modified kernel 4 example.

Thanks! I will try.

2 all:
    There is common bug about dark screen (screen is off) when screen lock and incoming call?

And some issues with shortcuts on the lock screen - some apps uses wrong shortcut. As example I take quickpic but system setup gallery.

P.s As I understand from dev topic bug with gps fixed?

E=mc^2
    HTC Desire@XDA

GPS fixed, can you share some details about your setup, your bugs are very uncommon.

In additional, when making sound louder in MX Player, app is crashing and go back to menu of MX Player

E=mc^2
    HTC Desire@XDA

I'm using MX a lot, never happens, I've already mentioned this, provide a freaking logcat.

Why continually closes google +, when I see the pictures?

I don't know, maybe it's a sign of god for you to stop g+, but more likely it's a simple crash of the app that can be sorted out by reinstalling or logging the issui if it persists.