FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CWM/ROOT/UNKNOWN SOURCES] HD/HDplus Stock Root/other Mods - via CWM flashable zips

8,873 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,880

By leapinlar, Senior Member on 23rd December 2012, 09:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th February 2013, 05:14 PM |#311  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROOT/GAPPS] Nook HD/HDplus Stock Root and other Mods - via CWM flashable zips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattor

I did make a backup, but I just didn't want to lose all my changes and app data. If I restore only system from my backup as you suggested, will that roll back my app data as well?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If you restore just /system, you will lose no data. But if you added gapps after you backed up, you will have to flash that again. But all the gapps settings and installed apps will remain. Then after the update you will need to root again.

Edit: if you want to hold off a little, I am going to be posting shortly a modified update zip which will let you update to 2.0.6 even if you have white on white installed.

Sent with XDA Premium from my Nook HD+ running CM10 on SD
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
4th February 2013, 07:21 PM |#312  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Re: [ROOT/GAPPS] Nook HD/HDplus Stock Root and other Mods - via CWM flashable zips
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

If you restore just /system, you will lose no data. But if you added gapps after you backed up, you will have to flash that again. But all the gapps settings and installed apps will remain. Then after the update you will need to root again.

Edit: if you want to hold off a little, I am going to be posting shortly a modified update zip which will let you update to 2.0.6 even if you have white on white installed.

Awesome, thanks. I'm in no rush. Is the update worthwhile? I couldn't find a decent changelog anywhere.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
4th February 2013, 09:15 PM |#313  
Flag Near Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:

With thanks for your many contributions and active involvement in the Nook community, I'd like to request that you think about adding dates to the revisions you make in this OP and the other HD/HD+ tips thread OP. My wee brain really hurts when I try to differentiate the old from the new ("Lets see, I think I read that already, but..."). I acknowledge that it may be a hassle, but then again it may save you from some unnecessary questions. Just a thought...
4th February 2013, 09:28 PM |#314  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustedRoot

With thanks for your many contributions and active involvement in the Nook community, I'd like to request that you think about adding dates to the revisions you make in this OP and the other HD/HD+ tips thread OP. My wee brain really hurts when I try to differentiate the old from the new ("Lets see, I think I read that already, but..."). I acknowledge that it may be a hassle, but then again it may save you from some unnecessary questions. Just a thought...

I have that in the change log in the second post of this thread. But forgot to reserve the second post in the tips thread. And I am at the maximum size on the first post there, so if I add anything I have to decide what to delete. I will look again to see if there is more I can delete to make a change log for that thread.

4th February 2013, 09:44 PM |#315  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Has there been a fix for modifying /system on stock os without it resetting to defaults on reboot.

I know about the symbolic link method. Is that still the only method for now ?
4th February 2013, 09:47 PM |#316  
Flag Near Hartford, CT

More
Quote:

I have that in the change log in the second post of this thread. But forgot to reserve the second post in the tips thread. And I am at the maximum size on the first post there, so if I add anything I have to decide what to delete. I will look again to see if there is more I can delete to make a change log for that thread.

I understand. Possible to put dates in file names, a la CM builds?
4th February 2013, 10:08 PM |#317  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I understand. Possible to put dates in file names, a la CM builds?

Not without re-uploading. Will think about that.

Edit: OK, I did it. I re-uploaded all of the recently uploaded files attached to the posts and renamed all the files on dev-host so they have dates.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
4th February 2013, 11:41 PM |#318  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, I uploaded the zips to dev-host. You can flash these over the top of any rom (even if you installed white on white previously) and it will update it to 2.0.6. You will need to re-flash the Universal Root and, if you want it, the white on white. The rest of the mods and installed apps should still be there and work, including Play Store. Links in OP shortly.... Done.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 04:29 AM |#319  
Flag Near Hartford, CT

More
Quote:

Not without re-uploading. Will think about that.

Edit: OK, I did it. I re-uploaded all of the recently uploaded files attached to the posts and renamed all the files on dev-host so they have dates.

Great. Much obliged.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote:

Ok, I uploaded the zips to dev-host. You can flash these over the top of any rom (even if you installed white on white previously) and it will update it to 2.0.6. You will need to re-flash the Universal Root and, if you want it, the white on white. The rest of the mods and installed apps should still be there and work, including Play Store. Links in OP shortly.... Done.

Thoughtful and appreciated. You're a good guy.
5th February 2013, 04:11 PM |#320  
Flag Near Hartford, CT

More
Quote:

Having problems flashing the 2.0.6 HD+ update zip. Downloaded 3 separate times, twice through PC (then onto card) and once on the Nook. Installation aborts each time saying "assert failed." MD5 sums match. Per instructions, I did not wipe. Ideas kemosabe? Thanks.
5th February 2013, 05:02 PM |#321  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Having problems flashing the 2.0.6 HD+ update zip. Downloaded 3 separate times, twice through PC (then onto card) and once on the Nook. Installation aborts each time saying "assert failed." MD5 sums match. Per instructions, I did not wipe. Ideas kemosabe? Thanks.

Did you make any other mods to your device besides the white on white? That assert fails means another /system file is missing besides framework-res.apk. Did you do one of the manual symlink tricks?

Sent from my Nook HD running CM10.1 on SD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play, nook hd, nook hd+, stock root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)