WIFI ERROR \ Turnning on \ Wifi Goes To Grey

Search This thread

MOHPHR

Nov 2, 2012
Hello Everybody ... Am a new member to Xda site but i learned alot through reading your posts long time ago...
anyway here is my problem MY GALAXY NOTE GTN7000 Wifi Is not Working....
Details: I Had The phone since febraury 2012 and it was GB 2.3.6
i Updated to I.C.S 4.0.3 Official Rom and rooted it in july 2012
suddenly in august 2012 the problem started to appear ((( Am Writing Dates so To Avoid the Possibility of Hard Brick or anything because the phone was working great till then )))

THE PROBLEM

1-When I Try To Open Wifi It just Lag and stop responding The ICON GOES TO GREY INSTEAD OF GREEN and stays like that till Reboot and some times stays grey after Reboot
2- when opening wifi from settings tab it says "Turning On Wifi " and stays like that Forever
3- the only Way To restore the wifi icon to white is trying to activate WIFI - Direct
4- Rebooting Used to fix the problem but now NOT
5- Removing the battery Used to fix the problem But NOW NOT

Fixes I Tried
1- Restore Factory Setting & Wipe Cache & Wipe Everything
2- Changing the Rom from (I.C.S 4.0.3 )to (GB 2.3.6 ) to (Paranoid Android ) to (I.C.S 4.0.4)
Sometimes after each format or rom flash wifi worked for 2 hours or even 24 hours normally then problem appear
3- Tried removing Wpa Supplicant ( Helped Sometimes Then NOT )
4- Tried Wifix TO change country code even manually did it
5- Adjusted the Nfram_Semacove i dnt remember the name actually from CC To All ( Worked then later Stopped )
6- Used Wifi Rescue (Worked for a while then Stopped )
7- I Flashed Alot of kernels ((Heared that syiah Kernal Fix this problem but nothing out for NOTE YET )

HELP
I know that many will think that its a hardware ISSUE BUT IF Its hardware then why sometimes it work !!!!!
What i really Think is : Its a BUG Changed some files of the system which are not restored by flashing new ROM !!! for example when i Flashed Roms and Kernels i Found WPA Supplicant unchanged with my router Config !!!!

I SENT THE PHONE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SAID WILL CHECK AND REPLY within24 hrs but for sure its hardware and change Board which means 2800 EGP which is the price of new SGs2 :D soo am sure its a Bug or Software CAN ANY1 Help MEEEEEE

MOHPHR

Nov 2, 2012
Hello Everybody ... Am a new member to Xda site but i learned alot through reading your posts long time ago...
suddenly in august 2012 the problem started to appear ((( Am Writing Dates so To Avoid the Possibility of Hard Brick or anything because the phone was working great till then )))

THE PROBLEM

1-When I Try To Open Wifi It just Lag and stop responding The ICON GOES TO GREY INSTEAD OF GREEN and stays like that till Reboot and some times stays grey after Reboot
2- when opening wifi from settings tab it says "Turning On Wifi " and stays like that Forever
3- the only Way To restore the wifi icon to white is trying to activate WIFI - Direct

Fixes I Tried
2- Changing the Rom from (I.C.S 4.0.3 )to (GB 2.3.6 ) to (Paranoid Android ) to (I.C.S 4.0.4)
Sometimes after each format or rom flash wifi worked for 2 hours or even 24 hours normally then problem appear
5- Adjusted the Nfram_Semacove i dnt remember the name actually from CC To All ( Worked then later Stopped )
7- I Flashed Alot of kernels ((Heared that syiah Kernal Fix this problem but nothing out for NOTE YET )

HELP
I know that many will think that its a hardware ISSUE BUT IF Its hardware then why sometimes it work !!!!!
What i really Think is : Its a BUG Changed some files of the system which are not restored by flashing new ROM !!! for example when i Flashed Roms and Kernels i Found WPA Supplicant unchanged with my router Config !!!!

I SENT THE PHONE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SAID WILL CHECK AND REPLY within24 hrs but for sure its hardware and change Board which means 2800 EGP which is the price of new SGs2 :D soo am sure its a Bug or Software CAN ANY1 Help MEEEEEE

Nobody is Having The Same Issue ???? Any Ideas !!!? Also Reseting Wifi Doesnt Work by #526# says Driver Not Set NG error Please I Need Help ...Thanx

4thdimension

Dec 20, 2012
Nobody is Having The Same Issue ???? Any Ideas !!!? Also Reseting Wifi Doesnt Work by #526# says Driver Not Set NG error Please I Need Help ...Thanx

I am also facing the same problem for last one month and tried almost all the options tried by you but no relief. Wifi just works some time and other times it stays greyed. Can any one suggest any other solution as i also think it's software problem.

kiko23

Jan 28, 2008
Same issue

@MOHPHR : I am facing the same issue as you.
I tried several ROMs from Original stock ICS to Paranoid to Crisleko's ROM.
Going into the airplane mode and then turning wifi on used to work, not anymore.
3G Data works just fine, not being able to use wifi is frustrating because when I leave it alone, it connects by itself randomly when I am at home for example.
I have done some extensive research and found an article that mentions wifi hardware problems resulting from ICS update on a galaxy S2. (Google: Samsung Galaxy S2 WiFi Issue BY Shaiful Borhan )
I did use the *#*#526#*#* and got the status: "NotSet Driver loaded [NG]".

Anyone can help please ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-05-00-16-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-05-00-16-30.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Screenshot_2013-02-05-00-16-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-05-00-16-59.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,143
Last edited:

Smokinggun

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
WiFi drivers are not installed properly. Flash stock GB firmware

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Lebanesemecrazy

Feb 6, 2013
Any fix?

THE PROBLEM

Fixes I Tried

HELP

Hi, I have been looking for days now for a forum that will be discussing this exact problem. I ve had this issue fora month or so now. I have restored to factory settings but it has not solved the problem. My galaxy note n7000 is not rooted nor does it have any special rom. I wouldnt even know how to install them. Where you able to find a fix? I am so tired of this problem, Im even contemplating the possibility of getting a note 2 and selling my n7000. I believe as well that it is most likely a software problem and im wondering if the soon to come jellly bean update could fix this issue.

Ps: after the wifi problem started, ive also noticed freezes and restars/ reboots.

Thanks for your help guys.:good:

fedetipito

Jan 25, 2013
Hi, I have been looking for days now for a forum that will be discussing this exact problem. I ve had this issue fora month or so now. I have restored to factory settings but it has not solved the problem. My galaxy note n7000 is not rooted nor does it have any special rom. I wouldnt even know how to install them. Where you able to find a fix? I am so tired of this problem, Im even contemplating the possibility of getting a note 2 and selling my n7000. I believe as well that it is most likely a software problem and im wondering if the soon to come jellly bean update could fix this issue.

Ps: after the wifi problem started, ive also noticed freezes and restars/ reboots.

I am having the same problem with a n7000. The best rom i have tried is cm 9.1. I still have this problem but it ocurr less times.

I am thinking that it is somthing of harware, i will try to use the guarantee...

Any ideas there?

Smokinggun

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
Fix Wi-Fi not working under ICS 4.0.1 & 4.0.3

Try this fix
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436683

I am also facing the same problem for last one month and tried almost all the options tried by you but no relief. Wifi just works some time and other times it stays greyed. Can any one suggest any other solution as i also think it's software problem.

kiko23

Jan 28, 2008
I am having the same problem with a n7000. The best rom i have tried is cm 9.1. I still have this problem but it ocurr less times.

I am thinking that it is somthing of harware, i will try to use the guarantee...

Any ideas there?
@fedetipito I am still considering the hardware issue, although it seems a compatibility issue with the region/country as @fearkillerr mentioned in this post (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436683)
I tried his solutions, none worked. The script one worked, but only once, then the problem kept repeating.

I upgraded to JB 4.2 then downgraded to stock GB 2.3 still the same issue. I am from the North Africa/Middle-East region, although when I was in Sweden in holidays and using a Swedish sim-card didn't have this issue. Any thoughts ? This problem is really really upsetting as we cannot use the WiFi properly. I am seriously considering simply abandoning my Galaxy Note N7000 and go for an iPhone 5, simply because I cannot even sell it (since no one would like a smartphone that doesn't have a proper wifi working).

Valium10

Nov 16, 2012
I am having almost same problem with WiFi after I installed Custom ROM.
I tried only one method and it worked like a charm.

Go to WiFi connections and tell your phone to forget the network you are connected to, then re log. This problem did not happen after that 3 days now. Good Luck.

kiko23

Jan 28, 2008
@Valium10 we initially cannot connect to any WiFi network, so we can't "forget" them. I don't think it is a "wifi network" problem.

zviki

Dec 30, 2008
Maribor
" although when I was in Sweden in holidays and using a Swedish sim-card didn't have this issue"
And if you take SIM card out and power-on phone?Will wifi work?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

imaditya

Sep 16, 2006
I am also facing the same problem and it seems it is hardware problem. May some dust or something else on the hardware or else we have dropped our phone some problem is there. When I gave to service center they asked that the motherboard needs to be replaced. But they refused to check it without that. I told that first try without replacing any parts and just check whats wrong in this if some repair can be done, but the service center people are so busy 50-60 peoples were waiting in line behind me to give there phones for service. They do not listen anything. They have tried by installing latest ROM and nothing else, that we can easily do it and for that also they have taken service charges.

Please someone tell me where exactly the wifi module is there, so we can open and check the problem ourself.

georgegon60

Apr 26, 2011
Colima
sO?

Can anybody tell me if there's some new solution?

cause I've tried all you said here. even in the links but it does the same.

the icon returns to gray color after a few secs in green.

I'm on Jellybean galactus 3.3

pls answer me

juliobahar

Nov 24, 2010
Frankston
Having the same issue with wifi and frequent freezes, tried different ROMs, Kernels and Modems. Yet still Wifi disconnects at various intervals. The phones at time hangs too to what seems to be a SLEEP OF DEATH. Ideas please...

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Having the same issue with wifi and frequent freezes, tried different ROMs, Kernels and Modems. Yet still Wifi disconnects at various intervals. The phones at time hangs too to what seems to be a SLEEP OF DEATH. Ideas please...
for Wifi disconnects ..try to change the router wireless settings to b/g...and avoid n... this should keep the wifi stable