Thunderbolt_ICS_2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 891
  • ICS_Update_Completed.jpg
    ICS_Update_Completed.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:

zero26800

Oct 3, 2010
Wow totally revived this thing. I'm happy with it. Just waiting to see how battery life goes

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
About freaking time. I just hope it resolves the annoying LTE disconnects.

Dangerous Dave

Mar 5, 2010
www.tinyurl.com
The wife and I both tried downloading the update on 4g network (at separate locations) and both updates failed! Now both phones stuck in an endless loop of trying and falling. Tried battery and SIM pull, no dice. Verizon says to do a hard reset. Why not, I love spending hours rebuilding my phone. Good start, eh?

Dannar

Nov 29, 2011
The wife and I both tried downloading the update on 4g network (at separate locations) and both updates failed! Now both phones stuck in an endless loop of trying and falling. Tried battery and SIM pull, no dice. Verizon says to do a hard reset. Why not, I love spending hours rebuilding my phone. Good start, eh?

Wow, the ota did all that?

Well, ICS is only 5 months late, but it's still better than never. I've got until may on the bolt; maybe longer if I holdout for the next galaxy or galaxy note offering. ICS, I hope, will make that wait more tolerable.

Not to appear ungrateful, but I wonder if we'll ever get Google now or any other JB goodies? I know we'll never see JB for this thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA

Can you boot into recovery and try clearing the cache?

OffcerClancy

Jun 6, 2011
There are unofficially ways to get an older version of Google now but honestly it's time to get a new phone for all of us only reason I haven't is because I don't have the $250 to get a Gnex.

You can do better than that. I jumped ship on this dog in Nov and found not one, but two mint GNex on eBay for around $180 each. Now I enjoy all kinds of great continuing & new JB development. ICS, are you kidding me?! Dump that thing & get something better.

Signed,
one happy ex-bolt owner

Reactions: Nate14

edaciousx

Nov 22, 2009
oh my friggin god.... the update is finally out. I waited so long I ended up doing all the cool stuff to put Liquid ICS on my phone just last monday (not yesterday). Barely 1 week later verizon comes out with the update.

I'm not too savvy on this stuff much these days but what does this mean for getting Jelly Bean? Will people be able to port it from another phone or something now that the official ICS is out or is it two totally different things?

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
Yay. Yawn.

I will only be interested if the battery life is no worse than GB.

If that miracle comes to pass, then I will only flash a rooted and de-krufted version.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot: Verizon sucks. Can't wait until my contract is over. Nexus 5 for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

Bwanna

Jul 31, 2009
Link for ICS update

Hi,

I'm currently not using my T-Bolt and WIFI isn't working either, so I'm stuck doing a direct update via the SD card. Can someone please provide a link to the file? That would be so appreciated.

Thanks

Dangerous Dave

Mar 5, 2010
www.tinyurl.com
Can you boot into recovery and try clearing the cache?

Well, the wife was able to resolve hers by doing a battery/SIM pull. I wasn't so lucky and had to do a hard reset, but that went off fine. I just hate how freakin' time consuming it is to put everything back the way it was. But, a couple hours later it's done. And I have to say it's a nice upgrade from GB. I almost feel like I got a new phone without losing my unlimited data! ;-} Honestly, I didn't hate the phone before, so this is really a nice upgrade to me. Time will tell on the battery life, but I could almost always get through a day before. If it's no worse, I'm happy. ICS does have some nice features and it seems to be alot snappier than GB was. And FINALLY, the screens rotate all the way around! Woo-hoo! Took the ba$tard$ long enough.

mad96

Dec 5, 2010
I just took the ota on my wife's tbolt after unrooting and I'm quite impressed on the improvements it made. But I for one am sticking with the sgs3 until the sgs4 drops. But good luck to all tbolt users you waited patiently and the very best to you.

M.A.D.gs3

Jan 18, 2013
Better late than never I suppose. Hopefully this gives the thunderbolt some new life for those with a while left on their contact. Verizon REALLY needs to get better with pushing out updates. Its bad. They're by far the worst.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Vol up + power after red !
    Be a good idea for you to do some research on this before proceeding, it would be flashed from recovery not bootloader.

VZW is not likely to help if you mess up and brick. There is also nothing any of us can do if you do not have S-off hboot.
    I don't need S-off to perform the manual update via SD card, right?
    you're just saying if I screw something up and i'm not s-off, the community cannot help?

Exactly.
    Radio thread in Dev section, see if they help. ;)
    There are unofficially ways to get an older version of Google now but honestly it's time to get a new phone for all of us only reason I haven't is because I don't have the $250 to get a Gnex.

You can do better than that. I jumped ship on this dog in Nov and found not one, but two mint GNex on eBay for around $180 each. Now I enjoy all kinds of great continuing & new JB development. ICS, are you kidding me?! Dump that thing & get something better.

Signed,
    one happy ex-bolt owner