[Q] Best Lecture Notes settings for Note taking in class

Search This thread

gophy

Jan 30, 2011
Hello,

Does anyone have suggestions for what they feel is the best settings to have a good note taking experience on the note 10.1?

Much appreciation!

Senrir

Nov 16, 2012
What I do with LectureNotes is:
- enable GMD Gesture Control, Hide Status bar command
- Use spen button button for eraser
- pen toolbox enabled for easy color change

These 3 for me are the essentials

gophy

Jan 30, 2011
Thank you! Especially the eraser part. Anymore suggestions are very welcome.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

gophy

Jan 30, 2011
Where is the gmd gesture control?

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@gophy: I guess you have enabled `use stylus (hardware detection)´, haven't you? Most users enable `allow two fingers scrolling´, `allow two fingers zooming´, and `allow double-click zooming´ (some also `allow one finger scrolling´) in the app's input settings. If you observe jagged writing, try to enable the pressure filter with a threshold of 5% or. The other options are mainly a matter of taste.

Chaz9999

Oct 26, 2012
Does anyone have a settings recommendation for Ruled Pattern and font size?

I keep fiddling with both and at some point down the page(s) my typed text goes below the ruled lines :(

Thanks in advance!

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@Chaz9999: There is no general answer to your question, as the distance between baselines in the text layer is not fixed but can vary due to smaller/larger font size, subscript and superscript, etc.

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@Calculating Infinity: You need to enable `use stylus button´ in the app's input setting, the function can be assigned in the `stylus button setup´ in the app's handling settings.

Note that Samsung devices do not deliver touch events with stylus button pressed, the system assigns own functionality to that. You need to enable `detect stylus button in hover mode´ in the stylus button setup in the app's handling settings; furthermore, you need to press and release(!) the stylus button close to the display surface but before actually touching the display.

Cuchu

Sep 27, 2008
You can now use your finger as erasing tool. Very useful. Just disable one-finger scrolling and enable one-finger erase.

gophy

Jan 30, 2011
I still feel like I don't have enough writing room. Is there anyway to make it switch to a new page automatically?

Cypherhack

Oct 19, 2012
AW: [Q] Best Lecture Notes settings for Note taking in class

My spen button isn't working, when click it, nothing happens. Do I have to enable it somehow?

Yes. Click
Settings → Input → Use stylus buttons

Then you can configure your button. Therefore click
Settings → Handling → Setup Stylus buttons

You're welcome ;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8010 mit Tapatalk 2

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@gophy: Automatically in which sense? Several of the scroll mechanism (page forward icon, volume keys, mouse wheel) automatically add new pages when needed, also the auto-movement tool or the input zone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What I do with LectureNotes is:
    - enable GMD Gesture Control, Hide Status bar command
    - Use spen button button for eraser
    - pen toolbox enabled for easy color change

These 3 for me are the essentials
    @Calculating Infinity: You need to enable `use stylus button´ in the app's input setting, the function can be assigned in the `stylus button setup´ in the app's handling settings.

Note that Samsung devices do not deliver touch events with stylus button pressed, the system assigns own functionality to that. You need to enable `detect stylus button in hover mode´ in the stylus button setup in the app's handling settings; furthermore, you need to press and release(!) the stylus button close to the display surface but before actually touching the display.