SIXAXIS PS3 Controller w/ NESOID/SNESOID

Search This thread

the orange bandit

Apr 6, 2010
Texas
www.rickycadden.com
Got my Nexus 7, rooted, and setup the Sixaxis app with my PS3 controller. It works great with epsxe, but when I try to use the controller with NESOID or SNESOID, I can't seem to figure out the mapping issue.

Is anyone successfully using a PS3 Sixaxis controller with their Nexus 7 and NESOID/SNESOID? I'd love to know how you got the keys mapped properly.

soulshinobu

Sep 24, 2012
Try using RetroArch, it's a whole bunch of emulators built into one. I don't have time to test out my controller right now, will probably do that tomorrow at lunch.

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
Got my Nexus 7, rooted, and setup the Sixaxis app with my PS3 controller. It works great with epsxe, but when I try to use the controller with NESOID or SNESOID, I can't seem to figure out the mapping issue.

Is anyone successfully using a PS3 Sixaxis controller with their Nexus 7 and NESOID/SNESOID? I'd love to know how you got the keys mapped properly.

Hit your settings button, Settings> Other Settings, and make sure under "User Settings" that "Use input method" is checked in the individual emulator (like NESoid).

Once it is you can map it under Input Settings> Key Mappings by just pressing the buttons. Make sure in the Sixaxis app you have hit the "Change IME" button and set it to the Sixaxis controller. It works perfectly for me on NESoid, SNESoid, and GENsoid across all my devices.

Reactions: demandarin

jmark13

Nov 28, 2012
Oak Park
Thanks for the tip. I had set this fine once, but after data wiping I forgot how to set up again. Back to normal...

Apr 21, 2011
Boise
ok im having a little trouble with six axis and some emulators here perhaps you guys can help me. ive been able to map most of them pretty well but i am having a hard time with gbcoid and snesoid not mapping my start and sometimes select buttons correctly. i can get everything else to work but when i press the two center ones nothing happens. I end up having to touch the screen to use these and that can be a hassle. Any suggestions on how to map it so i can get full function out of this controller?

t-mobile_mda

May 30, 2007
hi guys..

ps3 controller must be %100 orginal..? or can we use the fake\clone (compatible with ps3 game console) ps3 controller which cheaper than orginal..

Last edited:

t-mobile_mda

May 30, 2007

Attachments

• 20140717_122627.jpg
    20140717_122627.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 84

t-mobile_mda

May 30, 2007
mine works via bluetooth just like a normal ps3 controller. no usb dongle. you have a different one than i

pc not detect the receiver as lib-usb32 device..only gamepad under the human interface.. is there any way to convert from gamepad to lib-usb32..? i googled it but not success..and i tried to install libb-usb32 drivers but not success again.. i think not.. impossible..

inthepit

Jun 18, 2011
Juneau, AK
pc not detect the receiver as lib-usb32 device..only gamepad under the human interface.. is there any way to convert from gamepad to lib-usb32..? i googled it but not success..and i tried to install libb-usb32 drivers but not success again.. i think not.. impossible..

no idea... hopefully someone else is able to give you a hand with your issue

Reactions: t-mobile_mda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hit your settings button, Settings> Other Settings, and make sure under "User Settings" that "Use input method" is checked in the individual emulator (like NESoid).

Once it is you can map it under Input Settings> Key Mappings by just pressing the buttons. Make sure in the Sixaxis app you have hit the "Change IME" button and set it to the Sixaxis controller. It works perfectly for me on NESoid, SNESoid, and GENsoid across all my devices.

no idea... hopefully someone else is able to give you a hand with your issue