FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Google Home

[ROM][WIP][AOSP][P7510][4.0.4]Infamous Open Source Project - **ALPHA** - 02.01.2013

1,767 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,901

By djmatt604, Senior Member on 2nd February 2013, 02:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2013, 09:13 PM |#31  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatt604

Definitely bud. I need to do the same for the TW ROM in terms of enabling data. Problem I have is I don't have a 7500 so if you're willing to test I can get you something soon that you can flash over this

The ROM should work though, with the exception of mobile data. If that isnt a dealbreaker for you you should be okay to try it out. Just make sure you have a backup!

Yea, when you have a chance send the P7500 ROM my way and I'll gladly test.
The Following User Says Thank You to wayneza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wayneza Ad-Free

3rd February 2013, 11:37 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I'm at 25 hours battery with moderate use (78% remaining). Incredible.
5th February 2013, 02:31 AM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancity

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][WIP][AOSP][P7510][4.0.4]Infamous Open Source Project - **ALPHA** - 02.01.20
Hey all!

I'm working to address a couple of things this week...one of them was scrolling response and I'm taking a couple of angles at that one. Testing some stuff out tonight. Little bit at a time, I'll do the best I can to make this thing awesome! I personally can't flash anything else right now.

Thanks to all users who have had a look to date...please keep beating this ROM up! I will work all I can from the feedback I get. I will try hard to release incremental updates often and keep my change log up to date for you.

Note on visual stuff...there will be other goodies like bootanim, themes, and whatnot later on down the road but my focus now is overall user experience.... And that damn keyboard thing. Lol.

Sent from my Infamous Tab.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djmatt604 Ad-Free
5th February 2013, 07:20 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Re: [ROM][WIP][AOSP][P7510][4.0.4]Infamous Open Source Project - **ALPHA** - 02.01.20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneza

+1 got a 7500 here too

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app
The Following User Says Thank You to Duvel999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Duvel999 Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 09:28 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancity

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvel999

+1 got a 7500 here too

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app

I'll admit without feeling bad that I haven't built for the 3g tab before...there are a couple of things that are obviously different and I have access to a 3g device tree so I will attempt this weekend to re-build the rom specifically for the 3g tab and merge in the same goodies. I'll PM you two guys when I have a build that I believe is test-ready and shoot you a quick link so you can check things out for me...the objective is that the ROM functions within the same limits in terms of performance that the 7510 version is currently, but with the added checks of mobile data functioning as you'd expect.

Thanks again for offering to test you guys - please keep your eyes on your inboxes, I'll be in touch as soon as I have something for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djmatt604 Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 10:18 PM |#36  
Flag Durban

More
Quote:

I'll admit without feeling bad that I haven't built for the 3g tab before...there are a couple of things that are obviously different and I have access to a 3g device tree so I will attempt this weekend to re-build the rom specifically for the 3g tab and merge in the same goodies. I'll PM you two guys when I have a build that I believe is test-ready and shoot you a quick link so you can check things out for me...the objective is that the ROM functions within the same limits in terms of performance that the 7510 version is currently, but with the added checks of mobile data functioning as you'd expect.

Thanks again for offering to test you guys - please keep your eyes on your inboxes, I'll be in touch as soon as I have something for you.

Sweet! .... Waiting oh so patiently
6th February 2013, 11:11 PM |#37  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:

+1 for me too...
7th February 2013, 03:57 AM |#38  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancity

Donate to Me
More
OK since there is a clear demand I upped the build attempt to tonight. 7500 IOSP Alpha 1 is compiling as we speak.

I will stick with the same two guys to test once I have had a chance to tweak the build and merge in all of the same enhancements. I will need a couple of days to do this as I'm working at the moment and wont be able to crack the build open right away. This is...assuming there are no setbacks during the build process.

Thanks to you guys for the interest! Can't wait to get you on board.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djmatt604 Ad-Free
8th February 2013, 10:08 PM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancity

Donate to Me
More
Preliminary P7500 build of IOSP ICS Alpha has been shipped to beta testers. Thanks a ton to wayneza and Duvel999 for sacrificing their precious devices to the cause!!

If everything comes back all good I will get the official download link into the OP for 3G users and update the thread title.

P7500 gets some love!
9th February 2013, 11:57 AM |#40  
Flag Durban

More
Quote:

P7500 gets some love!

Err. Houston we have a problem.

Shot for the download bro, but we seem to have a problem. I tried it twice and both times it just stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 startup screen. First time it got stuck there must admit I got the cold swets, but managed to get back into cwm and restore. After my nerves had settled I decided to attempt round two. This time I left it on the screen for 10min, but same thing

I've never done a logcat before so let me know what I need / must do to get it to you and I'll do so.
9th February 2013, 04:28 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancity

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Err. Houston we have a problem.

Shot for the download bro, but we seem to have a problem. I tried it twice and both times it just stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 startup screen. First time it got stuck there must admit I got the cold swets, but managed to get back into cwm and restore. After my nerves had settled I decided to attempt round two. This time I left it on the screen for 10min, but same thing

I've never done a logcat before so let me know what I need / must do to get it to you and I'll do so.

Send me a PM. Thx!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)