Copyright © 2012-2017 Samuele Rini
End User License Agreement
- Download the .apk file From my BLOG
- First of all, remember to enable Unknown Sources from your device’s Security settings, to allow installations of non market Apps (safely ignore the subsequent dialog);
- Temporary disable apps as Halo, Screenfilter, Twilight, LastPass password manager or anything similar (apps that do “draw on other apps”), otherwise the “install” button will not work;
- To install the app, click on your notification bar message for the completed download (if using the system downloads app, otherwise this may vary: i.e. if you have a file manager installed, you can browse to your downloads folder and install YTD’s apk directly, clicking on the file).
- Search for video and music within the app itself, OR
- Select the “share” button in the YouTube App while watching a video (or share any YouTube plain text link via any App) and choose “YouTube Downloader”;
- You’ll see all the video codecs and qualities available for the video you’re on - then:
- Press an item to download the video locally (on the device) or to send the download via SSH to a remote PC. Destination machine requirements: Bash and Wget. Other SSH info available;
- Long-press an item and choose between copy to clipboard or share link as text. Note: such a link (differently from when you send it via SSH) can be only used from the same device where it has been created OR from the same LAN, if you share it to another PC;
- Use the Dashboard to interact with downloaded video (audio extraction/conversion/mux and file management);
- On Lolipop or above, you can copy/move/rename/delete files on external sdcard.
- Download of YouTube videos (support for remote download to another PC via SSH);
- Multi-threaded downloads: maximizes bandwidth available and minimizes YouTube’s speed throttling;
- Support for any format/quality available from YouTube;
- Audio extraction/conversion to mp3 via item menu in the Dashboard;
- Mux Audio- and Video-only streams into a complete video (to enjoy HD resolutions available as separated streams only);
- File management options via long-click on an item in the Dashboard;
- Handle download link: copy and/or pass it to other apps;
- Video list filters by format, quality ecc via (left) sliding menu;
- Many preferences to customize usage.
- Some very long running downloads may be forced to PAUSE state if the Dashboard activity is not kept to the front. In this cases a manual resume is needed.
- On KitKat and above may be not possible to use the external (removable) sdcard as download destination folder. In this case you must use the standard memory storage (for sake of simplicity, use one of the destinations below the setting *choose standard folder*, being "Downloads", "DCIM" or "Movies");
(Please do NOT send me logcat reports about this list; thanks)
Are not supported for download all video that:
- require login (i.e. age restricted video);
- implement encrypted streams (some complete movies);
- aren't available in your country;
- are live events.
For latest news and new versions info, take a look at the blog: http://dentex.github.io/
Please note, to ask for support through this thread:
Always specify the YTD version you're using and then check if there's already something newer available (look at the title). In this case an update is highly recommended.
In addition, if possible paste the problematic YouTube link in your message for an easier debug and/or send a logcat to me via the app itself (look into settings).
For more info: http://dentex.github.io/apps/youtubedownloader/
A review available on YouTube: