1,152 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,112

By yuweng, Senior Member on 10th August 2012, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2013, 05:22 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
twrp
Great plans, "cookers" will be delighted.

Windows XP is my main OS and Linux, when needed, runs from boot dvd. Truth is that I enjoy to make manually the whole procedure, to mount ext4 partition , edit whatever in ramdisk, s.o. In this way I know exactly what I am doing, so I must not rely on a certain script or batch.

I tryed out TWRP_V2.3.2.3. It is processing stock recovery (apparently) erorrless but the produced twrp image doesn't work at all. By running it in fastboot, after 2-3 secconds of black screen, the tablet is booting normally... Same result with michfood cwm.
It's not big deal anyway as I made a new cwm based on zxc stock recovery, which works both on branded zxc z7 and on the unbranded device(s) . As I mentioned before, the main goal of this whole project was a tool capable to painlessly root such devices without flashing anything. Well, at least until fastboot option is preserved...

1st February 2013, 01:09 AM |#92  
OP Senior Member

More
@Bala
if you take the same /sbin/recovery from your ported 6.0.2.7 & put it to Mi350n, Touch Screen works well...in fact, it is extremely smooth & responsive & you only need to swipe up/ down on those blank/ empty area & that will scroll the menu then touch the menu to select it...No more accidental unwanted menu press when you scroll directly at the menu...However, there is no Wipe data/ Factory Reset on it...

Above test clearly indicates that some modding needs to be done on CWM source code for it to work on MT6577...

varun.chitre15 told me, cwmr touch version is close source ( never know that ) & it is release to only selected RDs(Recognised Developer) & he has been bugging Koush ever since...i guess he still haven't got it or he would have compile CWM Touch for MMX A70...

May be we all here need to bug Koush too so then only we'll have CWM Touch on our MT6577...

@
ablbd
For tablet mode, its here, have fun with it...

Fastboot has never worked on MT65xx, guess it works on newer MT8377 only...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yuweng Ad-Free
1st February 2013, 04:07 AM |#93  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,287

More
Re: [TUTS] [TOOLS] CWMR/ TWRP/ COT Recovery for MT657x
Quote:

May be we all here need to bug Koush too so then only we'll have CWM Touch on our MT6577...

Thanks bro!! We'll try that!

Quote:

@ablbd
For tablet mode, its here, have fun with it...

Fastboot has never worked on MT65xx, guess it works on newer MT8377 only...

Fastboot works with MT6577....dunno about MT6575....
1st February 2013, 07:57 AM |#94  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,287

More
Re: [TUTS] [TOOLS] CWMR/ TWRP/ COT Recovery for MT657x
Also Is touch screen working in TWRP??

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app
1st February 2013, 02:21 PM |#95  
OP Senior Member

More
@ablbd
Wow, since Bala confirms Fastboot is working on MT6577 then you are most welcome to share your unknown/ latest Fastboot rooting method at this thread here with fellow xda member...

@Bala
Bro, kumar abhishek confirm it works on MMX A110 but i don't know if its Lewa TWRP or TWRP V2.3.2.3...
----------------------------------
Haha, no wonder you ask, found you here after a quick search, may be you would like to try Master Shifu Javum's TWRP V2.3.2.3...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yuweng Ad-Free
1st February 2013, 09:13 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well, fastboot is an option in certain JB preloaders, so I wouldn't dare to generalyse...
On my device, this facility appeared only after a full upgrade (preloder and dsp_bl included) from ICS to JB. At Vol-Up+ Power combination , it shows up a simple 3 point menu: recovery; fastboot; normal; navigation with Vol-Up and selection with Vol-Down. The newer ZXC devices with pre-installed JB have this menu too. Is good to know about this built-in fastboot that cannot be launched by "adb reboot bootloader" or "adb reboot fastboot", as it is exclusively hardware trigered, but it can be entered by pressing VolUp imediately after any of above or after a simple "adb reboot".
The Following User Says Thank You to ablbd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ablbd Ad-Free
8th February 2013, 10:22 AM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
recovery.img not found after backup from other device using this apps BakUpTool_MT6575_4.0_v2c_4GB_sdcard.rar
is there any way solve this problem? thanks

wbr,
8th February 2013, 03:31 PM |#98  
OP Senior Member

More
First, you need to identify your device whether it is using mtd or emmc partition since yours is a MT6575... At adb shell -> cat /proc/mtd & cat /proc/dumchar_info or just refer to settings -> About phone either is Gingerbread 2.3.6 or ICS 4.0

i suspect yours is mtd then refer to here & download BakUpTool_MT657 5 _2.3_v2c_4GB_sdcard.rar

Or you can use this tut to uploading your recovery via SP Flash Tool...
The Following User Says Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yuweng Ad-Free
8th February 2013, 03:54 PM |#99  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 12,020

Donate to Me
More
Yesterday I have built CWM recovery 6.0.2.8 from sources (my latest compiled version was 6.0.1.2, the latest available for ICS branch), so if anyone wants I can share the ramdisk. As there are also some touch sources on github I am also trying to build a good CWM-Touch recovery.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bgcngm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 05:55 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm

Yesterday I have built CWM recovery 6.0.2.8 from sources (my latest compiled version was 6.0.1.2, the latest available for ICS branch), so if anyone wants I can share the ramdisk. As there are also some touch sources on github I am also trying to build a good CWM-Touch recovery.

I bgcngm

I'm interesting for your recovery.... but is for mtd or emmc partitions?

I have Acer gallant duo (emmc) e Acer z110 (mtd).

You can upload your job?

Bye and thank you
8th February 2013, 06:01 PM |#101  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 12,020

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erlucky

I'm interesting for your recovery.... but is for mtd or emmc partitions?

Doesn't matter... eMMC or MTD partitions are supported. The only thing you need to do is to adapt recovery.fstab to each specific case.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom recovery, mt65xx, mtk, porting tool, recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)