Search This thread

cdjaney

Feb 2, 2012
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.1 )Task650 (2.7.2013) (AT&T)

Anybody offer some wisdom? This Rom has 2 different AT&T apn's on install. I always thought it would switch as necessary (for LTE non-LTE) but it seems that if I manually switch it, it stays. (ie, I put it on PTA even though I'm not in LTE area at home, it still appears to stay on that apn....and everything SEEMS to work properly).
I guess my question is, do I just pick one or am i supposed to just sit back and let the Rom do it automatically (which I don't see it doing....but I obviously don't see everything the Rom does)? My main goal in understanding the way this works is because I have an app that I need to manually set the APN's in and they are slightly different between the LTE and non-LTE. I suddenly started having a problem with the app, and after uninstalling and reinstalling, and re-entering the APN info, it works again. Made me think that maybe the Rom jumped to a different APN and hence the app quit seeing the right info. But trying to figure out if I'm just way off base.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

bdpyo

Dec 3, 2010
Philadelphia

New update is running okay I am having a small issue with my Bluetooth.

I have a 08 Ford Edge and my phone would sync up fine before latest update I did everything the same as I had it before and just simply can't get Bluetooth to connect.

I was gonna send task my log cat but right now I'm at the dealership buying a new car because I know its not the ROM. :D

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Troy The Great

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon

I have a 08 Ford Edge and my phone would sync up fine before latest update I did everything the same as I had it before and just simply can't get Bluetooth to connect.

I was gonna send task my log cat but right now I'm at the dealership buying a new car because I know its not the ROM. :D

Nothing has changed with bluetooth in the last few releases.

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX

Did you do a full wipe?

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Anybody offer some wisdom? This Rom has 2 different AT&T apn's on install. I always thought it would switch as necessary (for LTE non-LTE) but it seems that if I manually switch it, it stays. (ie, I put it on PTA even though I'm not in LTE area at home, it still appears to stay on that apn....and everything SEEMS to work properly).
I guess my question is, do I just pick one or am i supposed to just sit back and let the Rom do it automatically (which I don't see it doing....but I obviously don't see everything the Rom does)? My main goal in understanding the way this works is because I have an app that I need to manually set the APN's in and they are slightly different between the LTE and non-LTE. I suddenly started having a problem with the app, and after uninstalling and reinstalling, and re-entering the APN info, it works again. Made me think that maybe the Rom jumped to a different APN and hence the app quit seeing the right info. But trying to figure out if I'm just way off base.
Thanks for any help.

It won't switch APNs for you (that would be a bad thing). You can stick to the PTA one - AT&T is phasing the other one out anyway.

Reactions: cdjaney

wcoast

Jul 20, 2011
Los Angeles

Feedback!

I have abused this ROM, done a lot of try and error tweaks/mods and this bad boy is still running crazily beautiful and smooth. Amazing work mate, thanks and I'm 100% fan
uploadfromtaptalk1360356408093.jpg

cdjaney

Feb 2, 2012

It won't switch APNs for you (that would be a bad thing). You can stick to the PTA one - AT&T is phasing the other one out anyway.

kinda what I figured...but didn't understand why so many ROM's came/come with multiple APN's. Thanks again.

modiand

Feb 21, 2012

Transaction ID 29237529N31157447

Its not much but wanted to show my appreciation other than just hitting the thanks button.
Keep up the great work task.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: SeanHacker

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
New release available in the OP for download or just check your OTA Updaters. ;)

AOKP 4.2.1 Jellybean 2.8.2013
Updated Kernel (Linux 3.0.62 and a ton of other improvements)
Wifi Tethering is fixed 100% (Secure network is working now)
Merged CallStats/Log fixes & improvements from CM
QuickSettings: fix GPS graphic state logic
GSM Signal Strength is fixed
msm8960: tune for cortex-a9
Added a shortcut to Gallery in CameraSwitcher
qcom-common: power: Tuning and cleanups
There's gotta be more that I'm forgetting...

P.S- To whoever downloaded from Goo.im before I posted this, I would redownload as you have something that is not supposed to be released and will most likely cause some issues. Here is my warning to you and everyone. I would always wait for me to announce releases as you could potentially flash something that could damage your device and wasn't supposed to be uploaded. I'm not quite sure I understand the logic in someone downloading and flashing something that they have no clue what it is to their expensive device. That's just plain stupid in my opinion. :)

Last edited:

Nwbmonkey

Nov 9, 2011
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.1 )Task650 (2.8.2013) (AT&T)

I would redownload as you have something that is not supposed to be released :)

Re download? Please elaborate. Would doing a full complete wipe of everything including the internal storage get rid of our regretful install of the third party file that we used as a temp fix a little while back?

Damn should have waited for ur update.....

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Re download? Please elaborate. Would doing a full complete wipe of everything including the internal storage get rid of our regretful install of the third party file that we used as a temp fix a little while back?

Damn should have waited for ur update.....

If you downloaded this rom before i announced release then you need to redownload the rom again. Just as i stated before. There's nothing to elaborate more than I already have. wiping will not fix anything.

Reactions: Lookitfast

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.1 )Task650 (2.8.2013) (AT&T)

New release available in the OP for download or just check your OTA Updaters. ;)

AOKP 4.2.1 Jellybean 2.8.2013
Updated Kernel (Linux 3.0.62 and a ton of other improvements)
Wifi Tethering is fixed 100% (Secure network is working now)
Merged CallStats/Log fixes & improvements from CM
QuickSettings: fix GPS graphic state logic
GSM Signal Strength is fixed
msm8960: tune for cortex-a9
Added a shortcut to Gallery in CameraSwitcher
qcom-common: power: Tuning and cleanups
There's gotta be more that I'm forgetting...

P.S- To whoever downloaded from Goo.im before I posted this, I would redownload as you have something that is not supposed to be released and will most likely cause some issues. Here is my warning to you and everyone. I would always wait for me to announce releases as you could potentially flash something that could damage your device and wasn't supposed to be uploaded. I'm not quite sure I understand the logic in someone downloading and flashing something that they have no clue what it is to their expensive device. That's just plain stupid in my opinion. :)

Had this issue on another device. And someone ended up with a permanent brick.

People you are not told to download something. Then dont touch it.

Wayne Tech S-III

Subsonic44

Jan 21, 2012
Virginia
Task, your ROM is amazing! Secure tethering working great. Only used your ROM for a week but your support and knowledge are unmatched. Enjoy. 27C44867X5225962R

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB