[ROM][AOSP] Eclipse Rom d2vzw - Official Builds - Welcome to the Dark!!

Search This thread

NeWCuLTKiNG

Sep 3, 2009
Upstate New York
Re: [ROM][AOSP] Eclipse 3.1 d2vzw (S3) build 6 - 2/10/13 - Welcome to the Dark!!

For some reason every time I run this rom whenever I try to restore my apps frm my backup pro I get this..
e4yse2um.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Everything is moved on SD on 4.2.1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

srs731

Sep 4, 2010
EDIT: Reboot and fix permissions fixed my problem.

Running great thanks..

Just wish I had a way to change the clock color like in rootbox. Never changes with my theme. Any ideas?

Also why in ROMtoolbox if I want to change the battery does it tell me certain numbers aren't in the system. Like 41%42% etc

Last edited:

KINGDROID25

May 25, 2011
Lost Angeles
Re: [ROM][AOSP] Eclipse 3.1 d2vzw (S3) build 6 - 2/10/13 - Welcome to the Dark!!

Yeah I've been running 4.2 for a while now and I use the same folder on my external sd to restore all my apps on all 4.2 roms.. I'm running carbon rom now with the same set up with no issues

rfranken

Dec 23, 2010
/data/media/0

That's where I had to go.
Was about the 5th recommendation I found on the internet when searching for an answer of where my files went.

Can one change/rearrange the Tiles in the 2 finger pull down place?

edit. I tried this but it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe you can add it in the next build?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125

Last edited:

hsomnus

Jun 20, 2011
Columbus

so what's the verdict on this? and what's up with these 'data' questions? if you are on 4.2.1 isn't your data already moved ?

When you First come to 4.2.1 from anything else your downloads etc go to sdcard, 0, download...and thats where they will stay. Unless you go back to 4.1 or earlier, at which point you may experience multiple 0 folders.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

In my opinion, the 0 folder has become a moot point...when you come over to 4.2.1 your getting a 0 folder, simple as that. Its not that big a deal! For christ's sake deal with it.

rfranken

Dec 23, 2010
problem with the 0 folder is it goes to different places depending on certain other factors. One of which appears to be your recovery of choice, TWRP or CWM.

I needed to move my files out of the 0 folder into the media folder for programs to be able to access it.

Another issue or potential issue for people to be aware of is the Alarm Volume issue that I believe have been with this rom in the past.
If memory serves you need to adjust the Alarm volume once before it will actually work. (thank goodness my wife woke me up on time for work)

gadgetguy08

Apr 2, 2008
In my opinion, the 0 folder has become a moot point...when you come over to 4.2.1 your getting a 0 folder, simple as that. Its not that big a deal!

There is more to the issue than that. The external SD card is showing as "not writable" for Titanium Backup and some other apps. It isn't permissions. Total Commander and ES File Explorer don't have problems. Other 4.2 ROMs aren't experiencing this.

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
There is more to the issue than that. The external SD card is showing as "not writable" for Titanium Backup and some other apps. It isn't permissions. Total Commander and ES File Explorer don't have problems. Other 4.2 ROMs aren't experiencing this.

i have to detect my tibu folder by seraching whole deveice everytime i restore with a 4.2.1 rom.

try that?

rfranken

Dec 23, 2010
I'd like to use DashClock Widget but can't seem to get it to work with this rom.
Anyone else get it to work?

Also if you wake your phone to the lock screen.....pressing the menu button will unlock the phone. I'd like to disable that.

edit
hmm . I was using Lockscreen Policy and that seems to have fouled up my lockscreen. I'm guessing this is why Dashclock doesn't work for me.

edit 2
ugh. I've had this issue before....I can't uninstall an app that requests for Admin access. It doesn't let you Uncheck admin access. That means you can't delete it. If you force delete it in Titanium backup it seems to delete but doesn't but does.

edit 3
Deleting and rebooting the phone allows for the Deskclock widget to work.

Last edited:

gadgetguy08

Apr 2, 2008
i have to detect my tibu folder by seraching whole deveice everytime i restore with a 4.2.1 rom.

try that?

I did. TiBu can see the folder and see the directory. It just says it is "not writable" with a red box in the folder list on the External SD; the internal storage is OK. With other 4.2 ROMs I have no issues with TiBu finding and using the External SD files.

Do you have TiBu backups on your external SD with this ROM?

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
I did. TiBu can see the folder and see the directory. It just says it is "not writable" with a red box in the folder list on the External SD; the internal storage is OK. With other 4.2 ROMs I have no issues with TiBu finding and using the External SD files.

i store my tibu backups on my extSD.

never had it come up as non writable though.

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea

I just had the same issue. Tried searching whole device and manually selecting external SD card. Tried both external SD card and SD card 1. No dice.

Deliquified

Oct 21, 2010
Goldsboro, NC

Open up the terminal app (or download from the market) and type in these two commands.. It may fix your write issue.

su
mount -o remount,rw /system

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

rfranken

Dec 23, 2010
This is running really well for me.
-For some reason GPS works incredibly well on 4.2 builds verses 4.1 builds for my phone.
-I'm getting a YouTube fc only on reboots (very minor issue). (I've tried fix perms, but not clearing data or uninstalling reinstalling yet)
-Everything else I've tried (i dont use BT) has worked as expected.
-My alarm volume worked fine after adjusting it once. (first morning it was silent)
-Titanium backup. I just searched the whole device and it found my back ups no problem. (i store mine on extsd card)
-Future enhancement. I'd like to be able to rearrange and choose which tiles to use and not use on the 2 finger pull down.

thanks for the rom!

gadgetguy08

Apr 2, 2008

Open up the terminal app (or download from the market) and type in these two commands.. It may fix your write issue.

su
mount -o remount,rw /system

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help.

TiBu can restore from the directory, but it cannot save to it. It gives the error "Backup failed. Insufficient Storage space." This was trying to save 1 app with 12 G free.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Deliquified

Oct 21, 2010
Goldsboro, NC

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help.

TiBu can restore from the directory, but it cannot save to it. It gives the error "Backup failed. Insufficient Storage space." This was trying to save 1 app with 12 G free.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Did you try clearing the TiBu data/cache or changing the directory it saves the backup to by chance?

tihsllub

Feb 4, 2013

You have to physically move your backups from their current location. What I did was make a backup and search for it using root explorer. Then take balmy old backups and relocate them. FYI I do this now. I flash dirty then create a backup then factory reset then restore data. I keep apps without the dirtiness. Plus I don't have to go hunting cuz I hate hunting for stuff I can't eat.

gadgetguy08

Apr 2, 2008
Did you try clearing the TiBu data/cache or changing the directory it saves the backup to by chance?

I did try changing the backup directory.

I have scanned for backup locations and selected or just browsed. On the sdcard1, TiBu always shows that "This folder is not writable". Total Commander and ES File Explorer can read and write to sdcard1 with no issues.

On the virtual sdcard, TiBu is fine -- backups can be read and saved. On the real sdcard (sdcard1), TiBu can read from an existing folder, but cannot save to an existing folder or a new one.

Top Liked Posts