[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

Eivind84

Mar 9, 2009
Useless?

How to kill taskbar and have SPB in fullscreen?
http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=717

When doing that its only good when your on the lifestyle layout of spb3, lets say you open File Explorer thats when the problem accures because you cant close the File Explorer because the taskbar is gone = no X button to hit to close the app.... if only it was possible to ONLY remove the taskbar when on the lifestyle layout of spb3 and keep the taskbar on all the other places then it would be super...

When the taskbar on the lifestyle layout is removed its looks so much better :)

Someone comon and make this possible !!!!

Last edited:

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
Very Usless!

How to kill taskbar and have SPB in fullscreen?
http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=717

When doing that its only good when your on the lifestyle layout of spb3, lets say you open File Explorer thats when the problem accures because you cant close the File Explorer because the taskbar is gone = no X button to hit to close the app.... if only it was possible to ONLY remove then taskbar when on the lifestyle layout of spb3 and keep the taskbar on all the other places then it would be super...

When the taskbar on the lifestyle layout is removes its looks so much better :)

+1
I agree...its a nice start...but until u can then move up widgets into that area....it still looks pretty much like the taskbar might as well be there...
Now if an amazing developer made this work...I would be so on board...

abumhmmd1

Nov 18, 2006
RIYADH
5- QVGA Wether iCones

Hi all

I'v already posted 5 MSH3 QVGA Weather iCons setes
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=507697&page=122
and for you
I'v just finished aditional 2 setes

MSH3_GM_1.png
MSH3_GM_2.png

Gropich Meteo

MSH3_T_1.png
MSH3_T_2.png

T_3

ALL CREDET TO Weather iCones CREATORES & SKiNERES

ENJOy

Omega Ra

Apr 1, 2009
Metuchen, NJ
I have an i910 Omnia, I'd like to have a battery icon that is more accurate in it's reading..instead of every 20% I'd like 1% or at least a properly work 5% increments. Samsung/verizon tried with their easy settings for a 5% increment meter, but it was wildly inaccurate...is there a way to do this with a widget or is a DLL or driver have to be modified?

fgth90

Jan 3, 2007
Belfort, France

ElVikin

Mar 17, 2007
Insjön (almost in the forrest)
I´m not sure if you´ve found it. i had the same problem on my omnia. resolution is to make the picture in the size you want to see, even so small that you see 100% on screen. then you make new (only black) picture, ex in Paint with the correct resolution for your handy - omnia is 960x748. then you put your smaller image in the middle and save it (16bit) as bmp. so your picture in this new file is in the middle and has a black background around it. put the file in spb-prgr-folder and choose it as background in lifestyle-screen. then you will see your picture inthe correct size with a small black border. perhaps you have to resize it a little. you can do it in Paint - mark it and resize the picture on the black background.

Thanks i did like this open a new window and maked a black fill size was about 960xXXX

then i open a wide pic and rezized the size to 360 in height and "let" the width "follow" and then i put the resized pic in the middle but top of the black one so the head of the to pics was on top of each other and centered it. ssaved as JPG and put it in SD card and it worked fine, 360 gives u a pic that "stops" over the bottom bar of MS3 i do still not get why a 360 height dosent fill a 320 screen but i think thiss looks nice (was thinking of making the bottom bar invissible but this actully look good enugh better than letting the picture be visible trough the bottom bar ther are 1 or 2 pixels left between pic and bar but looks good

im using this on my i780 sqvga 320x320

the pics need to be wide mine that looked good was 743x360

i do not knew the origin of the pic but it was from a wallpaper thread on here so thanks someone

Attachments

• omgjord5.jpg
    omgjord5.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Quadman

Apr 30, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 6 Pro
How to add Task Manager panel in the carousel

It's a very simple registry trick:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\

Add new key -> :TASKMANAGER

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\:TASKMANAGER\

String name - (Default), String - TaskManager
String name - TaskManager, String - Normal

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\

Add new key -> 12

4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\12\

String name - (Default), String - (value not set)
DWORD name - ManageFavs, DWORD Data - 0
String name - Name, String - :TASKMANAGER
String name - Text, String - TaskManager

taskmanagerz.jpg

Does this just work only on VGA? I have Qvga and this is what i get. Any clues? I'm using 3.0 orig not beta..

Attachments

• taskm.jpg
    taskm.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 60

Quadman

Apr 30, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If u look to the right of the thumbnail there's a scrollbar or line. If u move the taskbar panel up and down u can see it.

Attachments

• task2.jpg
    task2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 71
  • task3.jpg
    task3.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
If u look to the right of the thumbnail there's a scrollbar or line. If u move the taskbar panel up and down u can see it.
Oh ok yeah i see it lol does it have a scrollbar if u have the taskmanager full size or just in the carousel view?

EDIT: uninstall the cab i sent and go into your resgistry editor and delete the 2 folders u created (the :TASKMANAGER and 12 folder) then soft reset and try the task manager normally to see if the scroll bar has gone. If it has then try reinstalling the cab and soft reset to see if its fixed.

Last edited:

Siliconstar

Nov 21, 2007
I notice there is a skin for a large digital clock (va_dclock.dat on vga device. I assume qa_dclock or ma_dclock exist on other resolutions), but I've been unable to create a widget to actually use it. Has anyone figured this out?

I first tried:

Code:
      <Plugin Name="ModernDClockBig" Class="Spb.LSP.ModernDClock" Skin="qa_dclock" MiddleSkin="ma_dclock" DoubleSkin="va_dclock">
        <BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="205" Height="87"/>
      </Plugin>
But nothing showed up. Poking around in the mobile shell executable, I see there's what looks like DigitalClock class, but that was even worse. Adding that widget to the Lifestyle screen made the whole Lifestyle panel to black out. Had to delete the key in a registry editor and restart Mobile shell to recover.

What seems to be different about this skin from the other digital clocks is that it provides bitmaps of the digits rather than use a font.

Any ideas?

Jeff

I don't remember if i ever used va_dclock.dat but for sure I'm using vl_dclock_modern.dat as widget with the following code:

<Plugin Name="ModernDClockBig" Class="Spb.LSP.ModernDClock" Skin="vl_dclock_modern" MiddleSkin="vl_dclock_modern" DoubleSkin="vl_dclock_modern">
<BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="480" Height="138"/>
</Plugin>

and it works, with a clock that is as wide as the entire screen width in portrait mode (and you can change the bitmaps of the digits too).
Please note that I had to use the same file name for all "skin" (normal,middle and double).
This could be the reason your code didn't work. ;)

loftysnake

Jul 12, 2008
I notice there is a skin for a large digital clock (va_dclock.dat on vga device. I assume qa_dclock or ma_dclock exist on other resolutions), but I've been unable to create a widget to actually use it. Has anyone figured this out?

I first tried:

Code:
      <Plugin Name="ModernDClockBig" Class="Spb.LSP.ModernDClock" Skin="qa_dclock" MiddleSkin="ma_dclock" DoubleSkin="va_dclock">
        <BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="205" Height="87"/>
      </Plugin>
But nothing showed up. Poking around in the mobile shell executable, I see there's what looks like DigitalClock class, but that was even worse. Adding that widget to the Lifestyle screen made the whole Lifestyle panel to black out. Had to delete the key in a registry editor and restart Mobile shell to recover.

What seems to be different about this skin from the other digital clocks is that it provides bitmaps of the digits rather than use a font.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Try using Class="Spb.LSP.DClock" instead, since the item id in the index.xml of va_dclock.dat is DClock (not ModernDClock).

salamt

Nov 8, 2008
Shortcut to a Folder

Does anyone know how to creat a shortcut to a specific folder such as MyDocuments? I tried but the only things available to be shortcuts are Programs and Files

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.