[2.1+][APP] Notable: Quick Notification Creator

Search This thread

icechen1

May 3, 2012
PZkEFBD.png

Hey xda, here's a little project I have been working on recently. I am the type that forgets stuff easily, so "todo" lists are a godsend. However, I am frustrated by how slow the process is to create a new reminder, so I decided to make my own.

Notable allows you to create notification reminders on the go. Need to remind yourself of something to do? Just open the app, type in a short message, and create the note! It's that easy! You can see your reminders and notes straight from your notification area.

Notable is designed with speed and simplicity in mind. No need to go back to home screen and launch the app to create a reminder, just open the notifications, click the shortcut, and create away! Best of all, Notable runs in an overlay so you don't need to quit what you are doing beforehand. Notify is also ad-free and lightweight on your phone.

jbQReadl.png
qr8pQ0tl.jpg

Quick feature rundown:
-Multi-line reminders
-Different color flags (icons)
-Option to turn a quick shortcut on and off in the settings
-Design inspired from the Holo / Google Now cards
-Click to dismiss the notification
-Restore previous reminders after a reboot
-(Android 4.1+) Edit notifications
-(Soon) Sync with Google Tasks

Get it here!

Last edited:

icechen1

May 3, 2012
Thanks for the comments guys. Any ideas for new features that could be useful?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bedi.gursimran

jessecoleman

Jul 26, 2012
Looks great. Only thing I see as an improvement is option to hide the Persistent "add reminder" and maybe add timestamps.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

icechen1

May 3, 2012
Looks great. Only thing I see as an improvement is option to hide the Persistent "add reminder" and maybe add timestamps.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

The add shortcut can be removed in the options. as for the timestamps I think the app do keep track of it, but it could be improved, yes.

stone_ship

Jul 17, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Thanks for the comments guys. Any ideas for new features that could be useful?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Really nice app! I've been really enjoying using it the past 2 days. One suggestion: is it possible for the app to appear in share menus? I'd love to highlight some text in Gmail or Messaging and send it right to Notable.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

icechen1

May 3, 2012
Really nice app! I've been really enjoying using it the past 2 days. One suggestion: is it possible for the app to appear in share menus? I'd love to highlight some text in Gmail or Messaging and send it right to Notable.

Working on that right now... expect a version to pop up by tomorrow.

icechen1

May 3, 2012

Pushing 0.7 with this feature now.

bodom_hc

Oct 11, 2012
Los Angeles
Anyway to add a feature so it'll vibrate or ring after a set time to go off?
Widgets are always nice :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

bedi.gursimran

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
Looks cool and AWESOME I am going to make a few requests . 1 thing that annoys me is the "Add Reminder" notification if possible can you implement add new note to the only expanded or the first expanded. 2 It would be nice to have folders or a profile toggle inside the app that lets you choose between your "work" "home" "school" or whatever to show in the notification bar and not the other profile. 3 We all love widgets. Keep up your work

TSOGLANI

Sep 25, 2007
Athens
Very nice app.Handy and fast :good: I would love to have the ability to change the reminder icons with some custom ones :cool:
I am also available for Greek Translation if you want :)

Last edited:

woaloo

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 23, 2006
Fairphone
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Thank a lot for your app, Very useful and nice looking .

It's exactly what I was looking for ! I'm waiting for syncing with Google... ;)

If you need french translation, I'm your man !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PZkEFBD.png

Hey xda, here's a little project I have been working on recently. I am the type that forgets stuff easily, so "todo" lists are a godsend. However, I am frustrated by how slow the process is to create a new reminder, so I decided to make my own.

Notable allows you to create notification reminders on the go. Need to remind yourself of something to do? Just open the app, type in a short message, and create the note! It's that easy! You can see your reminders and notes straight from your notification area.

Notable is designed with speed and simplicity in mind. No need to go back to home screen and launch the app to create a reminder, just open the notifications, click the shortcut, and create away! Best of all, Notable runs in an overlay so you don't need to quit what you are doing beforehand. Notify is also ad-free and lightweight on your phone.

jbQReadl.png
    qr8pQ0tl.jpg

Quick feature rundown:
    -Multi-line reminders
    -Different color flags (icons)
    -Option to turn a quick shortcut on and off in the settings
    -Design inspired from the Holo / Google Now cards
    -Click to dismiss the notification
    -Restore previous reminders after a reboot
    -(Android 4.1+) Edit notifications
    -(Soon) Sync with Google Tasks

Get it here!

Working on that right now... expect a version to pop up by tomorrow.
    New version!

0.8-
    Added the option to show a detail screen when clicking on notifications.
    Added a DashClock extension to show Notable reminders.
    Bugfix.
    Looks amazing man.. A job well done and thank you! Cannot wait for syncing to come out. Hope with this I am able to sync to a lot of other apps. Would love it if it were possible to sync to google, evernote, catch, astrid, any.do and calenders!

Definitely something that will get included at one point!
    Hi, Is there any scope for reminder alarm in next release? I had included a snapshot as an example in my previous post...That will just complete this app for me...

I would like it to popup/buzz at the set time because the main objective of this app is to remind the user :fingers-crossed:

It's one of the most requested features! I don't have the time to develop this week but will work on that as soon as my exam period is over...
    Any scope for timer in next release?

Hi, Is there any scope for reminder alarm in next release? I had included a snapshot as an example in my previous post...That will just complete this app for me...

I would like it to popup/buzz at the set time because the main objective of this app is to remind the user :fingers-crossed: