FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Installer] SMACKME 2.1 (kexec or moboot, native Linux or Android - with recovery!)

211 posts
Thanks Meter: 340

Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2013, 03:30 AM |#61  
I see the author of 13.04 put their archive on Google Docs, I'll copy all three over there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castrwilliam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift castrwilliam Ad-Free

12th February 2013, 04:43 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Unhappy delete
delete
12th February 2013, 06:30 PM |#63  
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 864

Donate to Me
More
no dice
So i decided to give this a try and had not so great luck. First none of the tar links in op for Ubuntu nor android41 worked. I then downloaded the actual zips for jcsullins ROM and Ubuntu and re ran everything. This finally gave me some options in kexec but Ubuntu had no input support at all, i.e. just showed the lock screen with a ton of screen artifacts. I then tested android in kexec and could not turn WiFi on. I was able to just add android 4.1 and 4.2 in moboot and WiFi worked fine on both there. I'm just confused because I'm following the instructions everyone else is and no Ubuntu will work and android in kexec has no WiFi. Am i missing something? I had moboot, the kexec image, android tar from op, Ubuntu tar from op, jcsullins 4.1, gapps, and touchpadbunturoot tgz in my sminstall folder. I noticed the buildables for the main installer link is dead. Could that have been it? Or is there something i need to do to the files to get them to work like the rest of you are getting? Lmk
12th February 2013, 08:00 PM |#64  

More
Question huh
12th February 2013, 09:21 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixohtew

So i decided to give this a try and had not so great luck. First none of the tar links in op for Ubuntu nor android41 worked. I then downloaded the actual zips for jcsullins ROM and Ubuntu and re ran everything. This finally gave me some options in kexec but Ubuntu had no input support at all, i.e. just showed the lock screen with a ton of screen artifacts. I then tested android in kexec and could not turn WiFi on. I was able to just add android 4.1 and 4.2 in moboot and WiFi worked fine on both there. I'm just confused because I'm following the instructions everyone else is and no Ubuntu will work and android in kexec has no WiFi. Am i missing something? I had moboot, the kexec image, android tar from op, Ubuntu tar from op, jcsullins 4.1, gapps, and touchpadbunturoot tgz in my sminstall folder. I noticed the buildables for the main installer link is dead. Could that have been it? Or is there something i need to do to the files to get them to work like the rest of you are getting? Lmk

You have to have the Rom you want (aka jcsullins cm10 12/16) and the corresponding kexec<OS>.tar file (which in this case would be kexec-android41.tar) in the folder at the same time. You must do this for each OS you want installed. Also remember to include uImage.kexec with it and the gapps files you need.
13th February 2013, 05:55 PM |#66  
Sorry that I didn't post the GDocs link in a timely fashion...

Ubuntu 12.10 root fs single part archive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4WU...it?usp=sharing
Slackware root fs single part archive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4WU...it?usp=sharing
The Following User Says Thank You to castrwilliam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift castrwilliam Ad-Free
17th February 2013, 05:43 PM |#67  

More
Question remove unwanted installs
info

this is how i removed any install i wanted to remove

i have remove android and linux by deleting partition made by smackme using lvm

then used tailor unmount usb media and check file system to reclaim space

using internalz removed the /boot files from the removed android or linux

is there anything else i may need to do
19th February 2013, 04:37 PM |#68  

More
Question what you think about the ubuntu tablet
when availible will you port that to tp
19th February 2013, 04:52 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 1,181

More
Re: [Installer] SMACKME 2.0 (kexec or moboot, native Linux or Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by netkillercat

when availible will you port that to tp

That?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
19th February 2013, 04:57 PM |#70  

More
Talking yeah that os the arm ubuntu from the tablet when availible
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrix4g18

That?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

that=ubuntu tablet arm os lol
19th February 2013, 05:31 PM |#71  
Quote:
Originally Posted by netkillercat

that=ubuntu tablet arm os lol

Link it to me, I never heard of a Ubuntu-Tablet, only a Ubuntu-Phone.

Since we're well on the way to a fully functional 3.0.8 kernel (although I can't get ADB working and I'm not sure what exactly is the problem, everyone else seems to be able to), we will hopefully have enough HW graphics support to run it when it's released.
The Following User Says Thank You to castrwilliam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift castrwilliam Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)