[ROM] [Team VeNuM's] VIRTUE 1.2a [MA7]

Search This thread

SALTY22

Jan 8, 2013
Re: [ROM] [Team Veritas] Virtue ver. 1.0 [LJC] - 27Jan

Right on bro take your time with it good things come for those who wait a good old man used to say

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: gyrene2083

Chaz187

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 5, 2011
Orange city

For now your going to have to go through the custom install and install everything just to be certain everything sticks.....I am working on fixing that in the release I am working on BTW Love the ScreenShot, Great Job......

There are quite a few things I have been working on. I haven't abandoned you guys, life and health gets in the way sometimes.....But I am still actively working on this and sent a BETA out to my Monster Beta Tester today.....

I don't want to put out something that is full of issues. Not to say that every release will be perfect, but I am trying to square away what I can. Some issues may take longer than others to fix.

You know the rest of the team has your back while your working on the rom..... we can answer questions..... get it ready for release! !!!!;););)

ChazSignature_zpsc0fc6212.jpg

http://www.team-veritas.net/forum/

Running my note2 with virtue!!

mackentosh

Jun 30, 2010
Orlando FL.

No embarrassment, so ill explain why I left. I used an aroma script I did'nt build and I didnt ask permission to use it on my latest build which I thought wouldnt be a big deal since we're on the same team cause they were working on a better script and they were going to trash the one I used so I thought it would be alright, they were going to trash it anyway right "one mans trash and is another mans treasure" :p. So the guys got upset and so did I. I didnt ask gyrene cause I didnt want to bother him cause of his situation but all in all ill be back just starting over. Gyrene is still My boy, nobody's fault but mines shouldve just asked.

Last edited:

Mundo Hackz

Dec 3, 2012
Belleville, NJ
jinseisugoi.com

No embarrassment, so ill explain why I left. I used an aroma script I did'nt build and I didnt ask permission to use it on my latest build which I thought wouldnt be a big deal since we're on the same team cause they were working on a better script and they were going to trash the one I used so I thought it would be alright, they were going to trash it anyway right "one mans trash and is another mans treasure" :p. So the guys got upset and so did I. I didnt ask gyrene cause I didnt want to bother him cause of his situation but all in all ill be back just starting over. Gyrene is still My boy, nobody's fault but mines shouldve just asked.

Damn thats retarted since "they" used the entire ROMyou build but changed the name but only changed the name obviously i noticed cz they had the same bugs too and so they got upset for using a script... wow if they were your teammates they wouldve understand as you und er stood as well

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Reactions: rwright64

mackentosh

Jun 30, 2010
Orlando FL.

Damn thats retarted since "they" used the entire ROMyou build but changed the name but only changed the name obviously i noticed cz they had the same bugs too and so they got upset for using a script... wow if they were your teammates they wouldve understand as you und er stood as well

Thats not the problem the problem is me using something without their permission thats all. I got upset because they were upset lol but its all good so let not clutter this thread going off topic thanks

Mundo Hackz

Dec 3, 2012
Belleville, NJ
jinseisugoi.com

Thats not the problem the problem is me using something without their permission thats all. I got upset because they were upset lol but its all good so let not clutter this thread going off topic thanks

So your saying we should always ask for stuff and not just take it snd mske it our own???Mack please see my PM please... if you can reply i would rrally appreciate it thank you

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste

Just please hush up about things you clearly know nothing about, and knock off the wild speculation. The whole thing sucks, and no one honestly wanted drama or to get anyone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Chaz187

Sep 5, 2011
Orange city

Just please hush up about things you clearly know nothing about, and knock off the wild speculation. The whole thing sucks, and no one honestly wanted drama or to get anyone.

Glad you said it man I couldn't have put it any better!!!!!

Thanks

Reactions: smarkum

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011

So this replaces macks rom?

gyrene2083

Apr 20, 2007
Bronx, NY
Clarification

Let me clarify, something for those outside the Team that do not know.

What is now called "Virtue" was a project I started with Mack a week before X-Mas. I undertook this project with Mack to help make his ROM better than what it was. It was supposed to be MacksROM 5.0 and we where going to call it Virtue so I had to learn Aroma, which was taught to me by Kevin, so I learned how to read, write, and debug Aroma scripts because of Kevins help and when I ran into issues that where beyond my realm of understanding I would defer to Kevin for help. Then Mack had an unfortunate event, and I still worked behind the scenes on the script and trying to fix some major bugs, and he was still pumping out patches from his hospital bed, which only complicated my work.

I would put out beta releases to him and to some now team members, and it wasn't until the week of the actual release that he told me to release it on a separate OP since I put so much work into it. I did, then he released his version of MacksROM 5.0, which looked differently and had different modifications.

Now, I personally have spent over 1000 man hours easily writing the script, debugging and fixing issues on the ROM, I have flashed my phone hundreds of times, and bricked it a few times too. I had sent out a Beta Version around the 26th of Jan that I was working on, the date may be off, I have fallen ill and in the mean time had to be away from the PC a few days, so Mack didn't want to bother me, however I did say when I was done with my script and Virtue I would assist him with his script as far as fixing it. Next thing I know, he had an all in one release, and the default install wasn't working so, after I looked at it, it was my work.

Now let me explain to you all, especially for those that don't know what the word "Kanging" means. Kanging is similar to plagerism. Your essentially taking someones hard work, and using it as your own. I expressed to Mack that all he had to do was ask, and I would have helped him and in fact the code he was going to use was not going to function properly. He apologized, then removed himself from the team and removed his own threads from the Team Forum, when I said I wouldn't remove his threads from the Team Forum.

Personally, all he had to do was ask, and he didn't have to leave. That was a choice he made. So for those saying Oh well they stole MacksROM, well no. MacksROM is basically stock LJC, with a few tweaks, and Rompnits MORPHOLOGY all made possible to be an all in one with a script I created, with help.

So for those who want to start and dev your own work, start out with a fresh stock LJC. I don't want to get anymore facetious or sarcastic PM's. I don't want to hear anymore questions regarding this issue. As of right now this issue has been put to rest, and will not be spoken of anymore nor entertained.............

Last edited:

Chaz187

Sep 5, 2011
Orange city

Let me clarify, something for those outside the Team that do not know.

What is now called "Virtue" was a project I started with Mack a week before X-Mas. I undertook this project with Mack to help make his ROM better than what it was. It was supposed to be MacksROM 5.0 and we where going to call it Virtue so I had to learn Aroma, which was taught to me by Kevin, so I learned how to read, write, and debug Aroma scripts because of Kevins help and when I ran into issues that where beyond my realm of understanding I would defer to Kevin for help. Then Mack had an unfortunate event, and I still worked behind the scenes on the script and trying to fix some major bugs, and he was still pumping out patches from his hospital bed, which only complicated my work.

I would put out beta releases to him and to some now team members, and it wasn't until the week of the actual release that he told me to release it on a separate OP since I put so much work into it. I did, then he released his version of MacksROM 5.0, which looked differently and had different modifications.

Now, I personally have spent over 1000 man hours easily writing the script, debugging and fixing issues on the ROM, I have flashed my phone hundreds of times, and bricked it a few times too. I had sent out a Beta Version around the 26th of Jan that I was working on, the date may be off, I have fallen ill and in the mean time had to be away from the PC a few days, so Mack didn't want to bother me, however I did say when I was done with my script and Virtue I would assist him with his script as far as fixing it. Next thing I know, he had an all in one release, and the default install wasn't working so, after I looked at it, it was my work.

Now let me explain to you all, especially for those that don't know what the word "Kanging" means. Kanging is similar to plagerism. Your essentially taking someones hard work, and using it as your own. I expressed to Mack that all he had to do was ask, and I would have helped him and in fact the code he was going to use was not going to function properly. He apologized, then removed himself from the team and removed his own threads from the Team Forum, when I said I wouldn't remove his threads from the Team Forum.

Personally, all he had to do was ask, and he didn't have to leave. That was a choice he made. So for those saying Oh well they stole MacksROM, well no. MacksROM is basically stock LJC, with a few tweaks, and Rompnits MORPHOLOGY all made possible to be an all in one with a script I created, with help.

So for those who want to start and dev your own work, start out with a fresh stock LJC. I don't want to get anymore facetious or sarcastic PM's. I don't want to hear anymore questions regarding this issue. As of right now this issue has been put to rest, and will not be spoken of anymore nor entertained.............

Well said!

Reactions: gyrene2083

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011

One more question does the real icon and ultimate icon themes come baked in

SALTY22

Jan 8, 2013

Nimodo G recognise another G all of you are great lets put it behind us and keep it moving just another stone in our path of glory. Still love mack rom same as Virtue

Reactions: Chaz187

Chaz187

Sep 5, 2011
Orange city

Nimodo G recognise another G all of you are great lets put it behind us and keep it moving just another stone in our path of glory. Still love mack rom same as Virtue

I'm sure once everything settles down all will be good again.... we just don't need all these people who don't know anything about what is going on to start spreading rumors. .... we are a team for a r a as on. We all help each other when our expertise is needed! !!!

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

So your saying we should always ask for stuff and not just take it snd mske it our own???Mack please see my PM please... if you can reply i would rrally appreciate it thank you

That is exactly right and I told you once already to read the rules...it is clearly written in there. Mundo take this to PMs and keep it out of the threads!

Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [Team Veritas] Virtue ver. 1.1 [MA7] - 17Mar

Hello guys,

I know it's been a while but right now I am on a break, as there really isn't anything worth me doing at this point. The ROM is, to me ok. I am waiting for 4.2.2 to come out. I have seen some leaks, but I want to wait for an official version before I buckle down and start something.

Some of you have asked what is going to be in the next version, I really can't answer that, as I am not sure in the direction I want to go, aside from that I need to sit down with Chaz, and see where we are going with this. He is the lead dev on this ROM.

Anyways, the following is some instructions on how to stop that pesky MC2 update from popping up. I have tested it for 3 days with no problems, I hope it works for you all;

1. Use ES File Manager or ROOT Explorer, and go into your system and turn mount from r/w to r/o.
    2. Find build.prop and rename it to build.bak.
    3. Download this file - build.prop save it to your sdcard.
    4. Copy the build.prop file you downloaded over to your system folder.
    5. Set permission to Read All 3 checked and write with owner checked or w-r-r-r
    6. Reboot and you should be good to go.

If by chance you still have the problem look in your cache folder located /Device/cache folder and delete the update file from there. Personally I didn't have to do this step as the Update never downloaded. I wish you all luck, and to my fellow Marines, and servicemen and women, thank you all for your service. Be safe this Memorial Day weekend.
    Virtue Bugs - Change logs

In order to keep this thread clean, please report all bugs and feature requests at our site TEAM-VERITAS the reason for this, is as this thread expands it will be difficult to keep track of all bugs and requests. Therefore if reported on our site it will be easier to track and the turn around will be much faster and smoother.

Welcome To Team VeNuM
    Ok all I was officially accepted to TEAM VENUM so this is a BIG honor and I look forward to working with this great bunch of People....
    VIRTUE 1.2
    LockScreen.png

Features

- Fully customizable Morphology
    - 15 Toggle Mod
    - Build Prop Mods
    - 4 n 1 boot
    - Multi Window Mod
    - Wifi Tether - (Joshbeach)
    - Take Picture while in call
    - Total Launcher Page Count
    - Default pg Number Perseus Kernel 33.4 - (AndreiLux)
    - LightSaber Sound on Pen Removal - (Rob the Plummer)
    - ASOP Lock Screen (must turn off Ripple effect)

ADDITIONS

-MA7 Update
    -Removed CRT Animation
    -Added Side Transparency ON and Off
    -All Side App Mod - Viperboy
    -Removed ROM Branding
    -Call Recording On/Off
    -Chaz187 Colour keyboards
    -Finger Ink
    -Skip Track
    -1x Enabled
    -Msg Reply All Enabled
    -Group Message Enabled
    -Email Over SMS Enabled
    -Increased MMS Size
    -Increased MMS Max Video Resolution 640x480
    -MSG Callback Enabled
    -Notification Vibrate Enabled
    -SMS Callback Number Enabled
    -Add to Reject List
    -Call in list Buton
    -Menu Download Content
    -Menu Block Call Msg
    -MMS Delivery reports
    -SMS Delivery reports
    -Camara Shutter Menu
    -Find My Mobile
    -Removed Full Battery Notification
    -Added Ad Away

Directions to Install

1. Ensure you make a backup.

2. Reboot into TWRP

3. Nandroid Backup, Wipe Cache 3x's, Wipe Davlick Cache 3x's, Wipe System 3x's, and don't forget to do a Factory Reset.

4. Select Custom Install, select your apps, mods you like. The ROM has already been installed with a Theme by default. It's the Fleur.
    So, there is no need to install it again. (We have found that doing the custom install first then coming back and selecting mods will less likely cause problems) That should help with some of the mods not sticking. Also, Please do not select SilkUI or Stock Pulldown options at the same time.

5. Reboot Let it stabilize for about 10 minutes.

6. Enjoy.

Changelog

31Mar13

-MA7 Update
    -Removed CRT Animation
    -Added Side Transparency ON and Off
    -All Side App Mod - Viperboy
    -Removed ROM Branding
    -Call Recording On/Off
    -Perseus Kernel 33.4
    -Rompnit's Morphology 1.5
    -Chaz187 Colour keyboards
    -Finger Ink
    -Skip Track
    -1x Enabled
    -Msg Reply All Enabled
    -Group Message Enabled
    -Email Over SMS Enabled
    -Increased MMS Size
    -Increased MMS Max Video Resolution 640x480
    -MSG Callback Enabled
    -Notification Vibrate Enabled
    -SMS Callback Number Enabled
    -Add to Reject List
    -Call in list Buton
    -Menu Download Content
    -Menu Block Call Msg
    -MMS Delivery reports
    -SMS Delivery reports
    -Camara Shutter Menu
    -Find My Mobile

26Jan13

-All in one AROMA Script that will allow you to
    -Install everything you want, how you want
    -Wifi Tether Option works!!!
    -Andriod 4.2 Keyboard baked in
    -Take Picture while in call enabled
    -Removed Phone Recording
    -Enabled Menu Ad to Reject List
    -Total Launcher Page count from 5 to 7
    -Perseus Kernel 31
    -Added LJCFix with Garwynn's Help
    -ASOP Lock Screen(must turn off Ripple Effect)
    -Clear AccuWeather Widget
    -Animations
    -CRT

Credits

There are so many people to thank, if I miss anyone please forgive me. Everyone is listed in no particular order;

Skripka - Beta testing. Thanks for breaking the ROM, to help make it better.
    Chaz187 - Unbelieveable keyboards, and transparency mods and for being there always.
    KevinRocksMan - for his sick Boot Animation. Thanks Kev for your unselfish sharing of knowledge.
    Digiblur - Battery notification mod.
    Skunkape - for your unselfish help. Thanks for everything old man.
    Rompnit and Naddict - for his Morphology.
    Mack - for his idea of bringing it over to the Note2.
    Andreilux - For the Kernel
    Viperboy - For All Side App Mod and 4n1 reboot
    T3Project - Deodexed MA7
    Benny3 - For his help and knowledge
    Scrolser - founder of Scotts ROM for his unselfish help

My Team VeNuM guys
    sleshpic, dazednconfused, rujelus22, sniper, joshbeach - thank you all for your patience, and support and your thorough explanations.

and lastly
    VeNuM, Kennyglass123 - Thank you both for your unwaivering support, and at times, help when I needed it.

Regarding feature requests and bug reports, PLEASE keep them out of this thread and post them on our official forums. The reason for this is to keep this thread clean and for us to keep track of these wants and issues as much more easily.

Now for all of you who have followed me on this journey, I want to thank you all. You may ask why it took so long to put out, well MA7 was just a beast, and I wasn't going to put out a semi-functional product. Is the ROM perfect, no, but to me and the guys it's 98 percent perfect, and that's damn good enough for me.

I also have something else I want to add. I will no longer be heading this project, I have turned over this project to Chaz187 as the lead, and Skripka will continue to do his Monster Testing trying to break things. I will be behind the scenes, if Chaz187 needs me.

I have gotten accepted to TeAm VeNuM and look forward to starting some new projects, and learning some new things from the guys, and although I will be doing projects with VeNuM, Team Veritas, and Virtue, will always be near and dear to me. They are a great group of guys, and I will always be there when they need me.

Visit us on at
    IRC channel or Tapatalk or Team-Veritas

Download | MD5-2efaa4d1d00adf61d03469d5cf2c00e5

There will be no more bashing and complaints
    This ROM made my GF happy so
    Well...'nuff said!
    I will be watching......always

Friendly Neighborhood Moderator