[REF] Nexus 7 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

deathpod

Oct 26, 2007
Syracuse
Mine booted right up. Restored my old stock 4.2.1 and adb sideloaded. Make sure you're using stock recovery if you're using adb. Otherwise, just put it on your SD and flash in your custom recovery. Has to be over the stock 4.2.1 system though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

igerup

Sep 13, 2012
Hmm, looks like I have to redownload the patch, got an error complaining about Chrome not being there, or something.

cortexA9

Aug 31, 2012
Mine booted right up. Restored my old stock 4.2.1 and adb sideloaded. Make sure you're using stock recovery if you're using adb. Otherwise, just put it on your SD and flash in your custom recovery. Has to be over the stock 4.2.1 system though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Ok works now thanks :) I just updated my custom recovery..

tom1807

Doesn't work for me:
Error message: assert failed apply_patch_check ("system/bin/debuggerd",6ece895ecb23.signed-nakasi-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.6ece895e.zip
Error in /sdcard/6ece895ecb23.signed-nakasi-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.6ece895e.zip (Status 7)
Google was not really a help for me, debuggerd is my problem.
Tried with sideload and with TWRP 2.4.0.0

EAK128

Mar 18, 2011
Doesn't work for me:
Error message: assert failed apply_patch_check ("system/bin/debuggerd",6ece895ecb23.signed-nakasi-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.6ece895e.zip
Error in /sdcard/6ece895ecb23.signed-nakasi-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.6ece895e.zip (Status 7)
Get the same message
edit:
Found my problem, I had stock browser installed in system that I had to take out, also someone said in this thread to not wipe cache or dalvik before applying the update.

Last edited:

hotsync100

Jun 27, 2009
Caracas
Doesn't work for me:

I'm having the same error. Tried with TWRP

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

igerup

Sep 13, 2012
Just edit the updater-script and remove the checks. AS LONG AS YOU KNOW YOU ARE FLASHING THE RIGHT PACKAGE ON THE RIGHT DEVICE, you will be fine. Otherwise, you'll probably get a soft brick. Worked fine for me with CWM and Franco.

QUICK TUTE:
1. Download the zip. I’m on JRO03D so I download the update package for JRO03D to JZO54K.
2. Extract the zip to a working directory on your PC. Let’s say C:\update\.
3. Navigate to “C:\update\META-INF\com\google\android”. There will be two files. One of them will be updater-script.
4. Edit updater-script using your favourite text editor. You need to remove lines that say EXACTLY AS FOLLOWS:
assert(apply_patch_check(…

In the case of my zip it was lines 7 to 475.

5. Save the script.
6. Navigate to the root of the extracted files. In this case C:\update\
7. Select all of the files and repack the zip using 7-zip, select store as the compression level.
8. Copy to SD and Flash using CWM.

Yes I could upload the zips (anyone could), but I CBF and it's dead easy to do it yourself. Learn something, DIY FTW! OMG HAX BBQ.

I guess this applies to a lot of us this time around too. I'm editing now, the set_progress lines should go too?

Reactions: eak1080

Johnassel

Jun 23, 2009
Dortmund

Attachments

• debuggerd.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 331

igerup

Sep 13, 2012
Hmm, I just flashed the update but it still shows as JOP40D ?½???

Ah, the files are indeed 4.2.2, it just doesn't say so in the Settings/About window. Probably because I edited the updater-script....

Last edited:

jenskristian

Dec 5, 2009
Kristiansand
I flashed in ClockworkMod 6.0.2.3 without any problems. I did however make sure that no system apps were frozen/disabled in Titanium Backup before flashing as I have had trouble with that before.

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
I succesfully updated my unlocked,rooted stock 4.2.1 to JDQ39 4.2.2 through CWM-touch 6.0.2.3

Do you know what that new circle on the bottom of the unlock screen is used for?
EDIT: ah that's google now on the lock screen

Last edited:

TopSOUL

Jan 22, 2011
Bucharest
I succesfully updated my unlocked,rooted stock 4.2.1 to JDQ39 4.2.2 through CWM-touch 6.0.2.3

Do you know what that new circle on the bottom of the unlock screen is used for?
EDIT: ah that's google now on the lock screen

The circle on the bottom of the lock screen was there on 4.2.1 also and i think it is for Google now (as far as I remember that's what it did before I froze Google now).

ALD3

Aug 31, 2011
OC, Florida
USB

So I flashed with tarp and all went OK but now I can't connect to a computer. I did a factory reset and still never see the Nexus7. It's not a driver problem cause my computer never even recognizes it but it does on my phone and Galaxy tab. Anyone else have this problem or a thought on what my problem could be, also tried 3 computers with same results. :confused::confused::confused:

EDITED! !!!!!
Well after several days, I finally found the problem. Seems something was wrong with micro usb connection on nexus 7. Still under warranty so returned it and a day after I have the new 1, 4.2.2 stock ota popped up and installed. All good again. What a headache, charged fine just wouldn't connect to computer.

Last edited:

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
What are you guys flashing to get 422?
Im away from my computer and can adb right now so a flashable zip would be great :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts