Search This thread

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA
Re: &lt;&lt; Inverted 4.2.1 Gapps for AOKP - CM - AOSP 2/8/13 &gt;&gt;

hu4a8e4a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Oh wow, way old! I've got a more recent one

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! 4.2 JB!

liquid150

Sep 5, 2012

I had to delete the contacts app from the ZIP. Not a big deal because it is handled by my theme. But other than that it is working on Purity 4.4 on my GNex. I just dirty flashed over Purity with JustunBean. Love the FB app. Will keep checking apps and leave an update tomorrow.

Thanks a ton.

Edit: doesn't seem like Chrome invert did much for me. Turned a couple icons black and text gray, making it hard to see. Is that normal? Can I see a screenshot of it from somebody else?

Last edited:

liquid150

Sep 5, 2012

I think aroma is not necessary, you can just pull out the apps from the zip easily with winrar for example if you dont need them...

People asking for aroma are lazy

Definitely. Aroma adds a lot of work, which drove Justin away. I would advise people in the OP to delete from the flash able ZIP using the Total Commander file manager app. It has worked for me thus far.

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I think aroma is not necessary, you can just pull out the apps from the zip easily with winrar for example if you dont need them...

People asking for aroma are lazy

Definitely. Aroma adds a lot of work, which drove Justin away. I would advise people in the OP to delete from the flash able ZIP using the Total Commander file manager app. It has worked for me thus far.

Yea about that Aroma... I'm kinding of dragging my feet with it... Meaning I have downloaded the stuff... In fact I'm running like a week old kernel... I made those then flashed back to nandroid (yes, i finally made one)... Other than the instagram needing to be added in, I still don't see anything needing to be changed... to customize the package you only need to add or delete files from this folder... delete the phone and mms if it causes issues... then just zip it back up...

apps_zps4efc53b7.jpg

liquid150

Sep 5, 2012

You don't even have to zip it back up with Total Commander. It automatically handles that for you. Its on the Play Store.

I am going to refrain from linking here. Too many morons are lazy.

Last edited:

xxsicknessxx

Nov 21, 2011
You don't even have to zip it back up with Total Commander. It automatically handles that for you. Its on the Play Store.

I am going to refrain from linking here. Too many morons are lazy.

Woops I use ANDROID comander to install my apps (I didn't clean flash or wipe or anything and had 0 issues)
You can install as system apps, or install regular apps so you get to pick and choose in case you don't want face book being a system app. Its on XDA android coamnder do a search best app you'll ever use (for now)
can't wait for it get a update I would pay bucks for that app I tell ya.

Anyways anyone got updated google now yet?

Last edited:

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
This... takes 5 seconds. I dump several that I don't want/need like facebook, twitter, email/exchange, etc. Works Perfect! :D

Yea about that Aroma... I'm kinding of dragging my feet with it... Meaning I have downloaded the stuff... In fact I'm running like a week old kernel... I made those then flashed back to nandroid (yes, i finally made one)... Other than the instagram needing to be added in, I still don't see anything needing to be changed... to customize the package you only need to add or delete files from this folder... delete the phone and mms if it causes issues... then just zip it back up...

apps_zps4efc53b7.jpg

Reactions: AtoZ0to9

xxsicknessxx

Nov 21, 2011
This... takes 5 seconds. I dump several that I don't want/need like facebook, twitter, email/exchange, etc. Works Perfect! :D

Im not a newbie but I can be a bit slow but I know im not the only guy, I get random crashes with aroma its maybe 1 out of 30 times which doesn't sound bad but when you flash nightlys like me it is bad. I hated that about justins so I would make a quick flash for my self instead of using it. Mind you its awesome to use and maybe I missed something so it wouldn't happen anymore if you know a trick to using tell me. Other wise keep it quick flash (or let someone else make it and upload it for you) why use something you know might freeze someone when using.

Like said it was random when happned but I mean any monkey can make a quickflash out of the apps so why not let people make there own if they want it. Don't feed the lazy people

I dunno just my thoughts

Google keeps trying to update... if I missed you already knew that I sorry I trying be helpfull and whine at the same time :) I looking for one my self.. btw have you ever gone to this link?
It says ICS and up dunno if it means jelly bean it seems to but curious I get my apps from all ones I can find btw I got best ones from roms though lol newest ones sometimes i have deal with a ICS themed invert but thats cool with me i just want newest apps

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

*Raises hand in corner*
I have another issue if you are interested in looking into it Mr. Modem .. I am still on Flapps cm10.1 for the i717 Note. I have been trying to set Xposed app to make contacts change to dual panel. Keeps fc on me. Today for the first time, I actually tried to use the contacts app. Still fc without the Xposed app. Reflashed the rom and std. gapps .. contacts fine. So I have to assume that the inverted contacts is what borks it. If interested .. I haz the contacts apk from the rom sitting in drop box .. and I have checked .. No name issue with this like there waz with email.

EDIT
I just pulled your contacts apk from the inverted zip and flashed without contacts as a test .. still borks the contacts.

My dev explained to me once if you invert stuff like chrome, or lets say dropbox its no big deal. But your rom was build with contacts, your dev put it in him self for a reason its not just a app from the market you know? When you change it no matter how small the change it can **** with the code. So don't complain when it doesn't work right because thats your problem not ours (these his words bro not mine) he kinda told me off for saying contacts was broke but hes right. Its not just a app bro its a (there a good word for it I dunno) Core system app that is put in the rom for a reason and works with other core apps.. there like 2 other google apps that have to work with it any can mess up and XPOSED it brand new so don't assume its the inverted app thats broke... its just not made for your rom IMO

I dunno though but I think hes right man I just stoped inverted my contacts it gives me bad problems when I do (takes awhile) but sooner or later contacts corrrupts my system hangs and it sucks bro ... don't invert contacts :)
Im not trying be rude I know I spell bad but read what i said if u can. I trying help you in future contacts and mms touchy apps

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA

I'm getting antsy in anticipation of an updated Google now with inverted widget. These inverts are awesome dude. Keep em quick flash. Aroma is pretty annoying, like when you flash your rom, kernel, mods the try to use an aroma install and it freezes right at the end. Quick flash is much better. People can just un install with titanium.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

arfarf2

Apr 22, 2011
Wilmington DE

How do I remove my white friends from black facebook?

One nation under a groove, gettin down just for the funk of it...

Reactions: drinfernoo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Inverted Apps for 4.2.2

featuring apps by B-boy™

All credits go to B-boy™ for the amazing Apps

Changes:

4/30/13

Uninstall Pandora and Google Plus before flashing

Changed Contacts to try and prevent issues
    Google Play Store 4.0.27
    Google Plus 3.6.0.44338848
    Pandora 4.2

4/18/13

Added B-boy Welcome Logo, Welcome Text, and option to Reboot after install
    Google Keep installs properly (it needed to be in system/app not data/app)
    Reverted Talk to a slightly older version without install issues
    Added back Contacts and Messaging
    If Contacts, Phone or Messaging causes issues, extract Contacts.apk and/or Mms.apk from the ROM into system/app and fix permissions in recovery
    Updated Play Store with 'Fixed the black text in song snippet price' from B-boy
    If you clean wipe and install, and the Play Store is white, Manage Apps, Google Play Store, Uninstall Updates
    Updated Google Keep with 'SYNC is working fine' fix from B-boy
    Updated Google Voice 4.2.80 from B-boy
    Updated Facebook 3.1 from B-boy
    Updated Facebook Messenger 2.4.2 from B-boy
    Updated Pinterest 1.4.3 from B-boy

4/14/13

Updated or Added:

Play Store 4.0.25
    DropBox 2.3.5
    Google Now 2.4.10
    Kik Messenger 6.2.0.26
    WhatsApp Messenger 2.9.1547

4/8/13

Updated or Added:

Google Talk by B-boy
    Gmail 4.3.1 by B-boy
    Google Settings by B-boy
    Google Keep by B-boy
    Google Reader by B-boy
    Google Maps by B-boy
    YouTube 4.4.1 by B-boy
    Twitter 4.0.0 by B-boy
    Spotify 0.5.11.4 by B-boy

Please uninstall regular Maps first if you want to install Inverted Maps...

3/23/13

Created AROMA installer package

Added or updated:

Gmail 4.3 by B-boy
    G-Music 4.5.9141 by B-boy
    Google Now 2.3.11 by B-boy
    Black Google Drive by B-boy
    Facebook 2.2.1 by B-boy
    Facebook Messenger 2.3.1 by B-boy
    Dropbox by B-boy
    Instagram 3.4.4 by B-boy
    Twitter 3.8.0 by B-boy
    Black Skype by B-boy
    Black Pinterest by B-boy
    Spotify by B-boy
    Removed all the File Managers

2/24/2013

Contacts and MMS are removed, optional apps install to data/apps for easy removal, apps updated
    Google Play Store 3.10.14 by B-boy
    Google Play Music 4.5.9 by B-boy
    YouTube 4.3.9 by B-boy
    Google Currents 2.0.1 by B-boy
    Google Translate 2.5.3 by B-boy
    Google Voice 4.2.72 by B-boy
    Black Facebook 2.2 by B-boy
    Black Facebook Messenger by B-boy
    Black Instagram 3.4.2 by B-boy
    Black Dropbox 2.3.1 by B-boy
    Gmail 4.2.1 by B-boy
    Gtalk 4.2 by B-boy
    Google+ 3.5.3 by B-boy
    Google Music 4.5.9 by B-boy
    Youtube 4.3.9 by B-boy
    Google Currents 2.0.1 by B-boy
    Google Translate 2.5.3 by B-boy

2/8/2013

Google Play Store 3.10.10
    Google Play Music 4.5.910I.560208
    Google Drive 1.1.470.15
    Google Voice 0.4.2.72
    Dropbox 2.3V2
    Youtube 4.2.16
    Google Translate 2.5.3
    ES File Explorer
    Inverted Blue Pandora

Included:

Contacts
    Messaging
    Email
    Calendar
    Calculator
    Voice Dialer
    Voice Search
    Talk by B-boy
    Gmail by B-boy
    YouTube by B-boy
    Play Store by B-boy
    Google Now by B-boy
    Google Plus by B-boy
    Google Plus Messenger by B-boy
    Google Play Music by B-boy
    Google Translate by B-boy
    Google Currents by B-boy
    Google Drive by B-boy
    Google Keep by B-boy
    Google Reader by B-boy
    Google Settings by B-boy
    Black Dropbox by B-boy
    Black Instagram by Boy
    Black Facebook by B-boy
    Black Facebook Messenger by B-boy
    Black Twitter by B-boy
    Black Skype by B-boy
    Black Pinterest by B-boy
    Black Spotify by B-boy
    Kik Messenger
    WhatsApp Messenger
    Pandora

Flashing:

ROMs with built-in App Inversion: Don't flash anything that the ROM can invert or else it will break that function

If you're full wiping your phone and installing a ROM, this can be used in place of the regular gapps

If you have any issues, full wipe the phone, and install the ROM and Inverts, installing no other gapps in between

A full wipe is: Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik, format /system, Flash ROM, Flash Inverts, Reboot

DOWNLOADS

If for any reason I am banned again, please look in the folder under All Releases

AROMA Inverted Apps for 4.2.2 4/30/13

All Releases:

http://d-h.st/users/Quasi
    OP is updated with an Aroma installer, and apps have been added or updated.

Remember, SlimBean Users don't flash any apps inverted by TRDS, so don't select any system apps. Same goes for other ROMs with built-in inversion.
    I was poking around the OP'S folders and found this!!!

Dear Users of these,

Here is an updated version:

http://d-h.st/SU5

Updated:

Amazon
    Calendar
    Copy
    Dropbox
    Google Music
    Pandora
    WhatsApp

I apologize for not adding the other apps that are available.
    I can only edit the scripts in Linux, and have removed it since my ban.

If anyone would like to take up this project, it literally took me 4 hours to write the scripts and all of 10minutes to maintain them.

Please contact whoever has posted this for my talk address.

Quasi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I may be interested in doing this again I'll message him
    Updated or Added:

Google Talk by B-boy
    Gmail 4.3.1 by B-boy
    Google Settings by B-boy
    Google Keep by B-boy
    Google Reader by B-boy
    Google Maps by B-boy
    YouTube 4.4.1 by B-boy
    Twitter 4.0.0 by B-boy
    Spotify 0.5.11.4 by B-boy

Please uninstall regular Maps first if you want to install Inverted Maps...

DOWNLOAD:

http://d-h.st/P8Y
    Quasi has messaged me with these. About 20 apps have been added or updated. This will be the final release.

http://d-h.st/Vcd