The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

 View Poll Results: Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm
 
279 Vote(s)
63.41%
NO, stick with a cm base(current base)
 
161 Vote(s)
36.59%

[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

1,708 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,550
 
By aaronpoweruser, Inactive Recognized Developer on 25th July 2012, 09:10 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
13th February 2013, 06:28 PM |#13171  
Tone_Capone's Avatar
Senior Member
Ohio
Thanks Meter: 173
 
More
Lightbulb
We really need to help Aaron out by writing some FAQs and answers to put in the OP. There are WAY too many of the same old questions asked on this thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tone_Capone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tone_Capone Ad-Free
 
 
13th February 2013, 06:37 PM |#13172  
albysajan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Al Ain
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3tArtist

PA 3.0, M-kernel a36 2 cores on, fsync off, smart dimmer off, other things on default --> 7:30 screen on time. One battery cycle. With all 4 cores on almost 7 h screen on time. Medium use.

sent from PAranoid Nexus 7 powered by M-kernel

So is pa using m-kernel or stock kernel?
13th February 2013, 06:38 PM |#13173  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode
Pretty awesome ROM runs beautifully except the newest versions seem to have lagggg problems. What kernel is suggested to be used with this so i can get better battery life while playing mine craft?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
13th February 2013, 06:40 PM |#13174  
Tone_Capone's Avatar
Senior Member
Ohio
Thanks Meter: 173
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albysajan

So is pa using m-kernel or stock kernel?

PA uses the stock kernel. M-kernel is a custom kernel built by Metallice and can be found in the Nexus 7 Android dev section. The kernel gives an almost perfect balance of battery life and performance. I personally use it, and I believe Aaron personally uses m-kernel as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tone_Capone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tone_Capone Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 07:13 PM |#13175  
lollyjay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 863
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by likenota

Pretty awesome ROM runs beautifully except the newest versions seem to have lagggg problems. What kernel is suggested to be used with this so i can get better battery life while playing mine craft?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

No lagggg here!

Nexus 7 | PA 3.00 | Nova Launcher | Trinity 4.2 Alpha 4 Kernel
Nook Color | PA 2.99 | Nova Launcher
13th February 2013, 08:16 PM |#13176  
Ham duden's Avatar
Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Sv: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode
I have some issues with the pie + keyboard combo. When pie is activated, and I am writing stuff on the keyboard, very often it doesn't recognize that I am pressing the bottom buttons! Like e.g. the spacebar. Very often the spacebar.. I am using Swiftkey, but it doesn't really matter though, since I non-pie there is no problems.

Is it a known issue?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 08:19 PM |#13177  
lollyjay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 863
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham duden

I have some issues with the pie + keyboard combo. When pie is activated, and I am writing stuff on the keyboard, very often it doesn't recognize that I am pressing the bottom buttons! Like e.g. the spacebar. Very often the spacebar.. I am using Swiftkey, but it doesn't really matter though, since I non-pie there is no problems.

Is it a known issue?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

If you have pie on bottom, you may have the bottom keys too close to the pie gravity position. Try swiping the pie to right or left positions.

Nexus 7 | PA 3.00 | Nova Launcher | Trinity 4.2 Alpha 4 Kernel
Nook Color | PA 2.99 | Nova Launcher
13th February 2013, 08:31 PM |#13178  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ive decided to update from 2.17 (or somewhere around) to the newest 3.0rc. Ive updated recovery to the newest TWRP before, then flashed 3.0 and gapps. Cleared only dalvik and cache to see if it would boot up. Operation finished with partial success, boots up but it had a turtle speed with some occasional FCs. So Ive decided to revert back to 2.22 as (my common sense told me) it should work properly. Unfortunately it wont boot anymore, its shows pa2+ logo forever. But it should not be a problem, I can always go to recovery and sort it out. Now real problems begin. Can boot to fastboot with no problems but choosing recovery just shows google logo forever. Cant do anything through PC as connecting to it simply hangs fastboot completely - buttons not working anymore, PC wont detect my nexus. All I can do is to hold power button for around 10sec to try again (with no success) or unplug battery. any advise or idea whats happened?

D.
13th February 2013, 08:47 PM |#13179  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by darow

Ive decided to update from 2.17 (or somewhere around) to the newest 3.0rc. Ive updated recovery to the newest TWRP before, then flashed 3.0 and gapps. Cleared only dalvik and cache to see if it would boot up. Operation finished with partial success, boots up but it had a turtle speed with some occasional FCs. So Ive decided to revert back to 2.22 as (my common sense told me) it should work properly. Unfortunately it wont boot anymore, its shows pa2+ logo forever. But it should not be a problem, I can always go to recovery and sort it out. Now real problems begin. Can boot to fastboot with no problems but choosing recovery just shows google logo forever. Cant do anything through PC as connecting to it simply hangs fastboot completely - buttons not working anymore, PC wont detect my nexus. All I can do is to hold power button for around 10sec to try again (with no success) or unplug battery. any advise or idea whats happened?

D.

Use the root kit to reinstall recovery. Use recovery to do a factory-reset and then try installing PA3.0...
13th February 2013, 08:51 PM |#13180  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode
The 3.0 flash is extremely laggggggyy and kept crashing at the apps drawer? Any suggestions? I installed m kernel just recently and it seems to run better on 2.99 (lower on quadrant by 500, hopefully itll increase battery life). but still want to be able to get that good ol 3.0 running good. Anyone think flashing with different kernel would make a difference?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
13th February 2013, 08:57 PM |#13181  
thereal_bigjake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Centralia
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by likenota

The 3.0 flash is extremely laggggggyy and kept crashing at the apps drawer? Any suggestions? I installed m kernel just recently and it seems to run better on 2.99 (lower on quadrant by 500, hopefully itll increase battery life). but still want to be able to get that good ol 3.0 running good. Anyone think flashing with different kernel would make a difference?

I cleaned flashed two Nexus 7s with 3.0 and no lag..
M-kernel a35 on both



Nexus 7 | PA 3.0 | M-kernel a35 | Nova Prime
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best rom ever
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes