ACKNOWLEDGMENT: This app only works on a mobile device that supports the "sendRawPdu" API function in the firmware. So this app may not work on your device. After installing, you can check if this app works on your device by go to the menu Ability Check.
Known Working devices: T-Mobile G1, HTC Desire S (and may be all HTC devices with Sense UI)
NON-Working devices: Sony Xperia U, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Note II (and may be all other Samsung devices?)
- Support long messages.
- Support alternate Reply Address.
- Support selection for the message storage at the target device.
- Support Replaceable message.
- Support Flash message.
- Support 3 types of Ping message.
- Support Message Waiting Indication (Voicemail, Fax, Email and Other indication).
1. Alternate Reply Address:
With this feature, the recipient will reply to the message by using the Alternate Reply Address instead of the sender's address. On some target devices (e.g iPhone or Sky), the message will be displayed with this number. On almost other target devices this feature will be ignored, so the recipient won't see any difference.
2. Message Storage:
- Default: the target device will decide where to store the message.
- Phone memory preferred: the target device shall send an acknowledgement to the sender when the message has successfully received and can be stored. The target device shall normally store the message in the phone memory by default, if that is possible, but otherwise the message may be stored elsewhere, e.g. in the SIM memory.
- SIM memory preferred: the target device shall ensure that the message can be stored in the SIM memory before sending an acknowledgement to the sender.
3. Replaceable Message:
With this feature, the old message (that has been sent with this tool) will be overwritten by the new one. The sender can set the replacing cycle for each recipient.
4. Flash Message:
The target device shall display the message immediately and send an acknowledgement to the sender. The message shall not be automatically stored in the target device, but user has an option to save it. On some phones (e.g iPhone) the message will be displayed without the sender's address and without the possibility to save the message.
5. Ping Message:
With ping message, the sender can check whether the recipient is available or not, without disturb them with any call or SMS. The target device shall not indicate any visual alert to the recipient.
6. Message Waiting Indication (MWI):
Special Message Indication (Voicemail, Fax, Email or Other indication) will be sent to the target device. With this message the sender can let the target device think that there is a voicemail (or Fax, or Email). An icon gets displayed at the target device. To clear the icon at the target device, the sender should Deactivate it. Most target devices support display Voicemail icon. Only some device (e.g Nokia) will display Fax, Email and Other indication icons.