MA6 OTA!!!!

Search This thread

bluesmoke2012

Feb 7, 2013
Im on my phone not near a computer can someone give me the website link ( not the direct download link ) the actual website

Last edited:
Reactions: Whiplashh

ss4rob

Sep 4, 2010
I used Odin to flash the stock recovery, now I'm getting an assert error on /dev/block/mmcblk0p7, which I think is the recovery image. Ideas?

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas
Anyone link me to a backup file from this ROM or any other backup for stock i just don't want to Odin back

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Give it a day or so someone with post a ROM that will work with twrp and the modems as well and then you should be able just to flash over what u currently have with little head ache

fzammetti

Aug 21, 2008
www.zammetti.com
FYI, I was able to successfully install this update from CWM 6.0.2.3 (latest as per ROM Manager) and I DID NOT need to restore stock recovery with Odin first, did it all while sitting on the couch watching TV :)

Here's "the trick", I think... after flashing the update in CWM as you would any update ZIP I then I selected "Reboot Recovery" from CWM menu... then when I got back into CWM I selected "Reboot System"... CWM at this point told me I might lose recovery so I let it fix that... then it said I might lose root, so I let it fix that too... system then rebooted and all was right with the world: MA6, root and CWM still there :)

Reactions: daffy4u

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Surprisingly, I went back to 4.1.1. The update made my phone really hot all day after flashing it.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

Wired0980

Dec 9, 2011
Why does this not change anything but baseband version for me?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360811298910.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360811298910.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 652

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 7
Surprisingly, I went back to 4.1.1. The update made my phone really hot all day after flashing it.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

It took a few hours (and reboots) for my phone to settle down after the update. It got pretty hot during the update and didn't cool down for a while but now battery drain is back to normal.

yaniel06

Mar 4, 2011
Im in the philly area and this MA6 update is poor in battery life. It sucks the life out of my battery. Also the MA6 radio at least in my opinion is horrible. Constantly drops 3g signal and heats my phone up badly. This is after 2 days on it and let phone settle over night. Flashed back to wicked with MA4 radio

Reactions: alaman68

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Im in the philly area and this MA6 update is poor in battery life. It sucks the life out of my battery. Also the MA6 radio at least in my opinion is horrible. Constantly drops 3g signal and heats my phone up badly. This is after 2 days on it and let phone settle over night. Flashed back to wicked with MA4 radio

Getting exactly the opposite with the radio... excellent data speeds and rock solid...

Reactions: shekinahsmoke

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 7

I found that the location reporting in maps turned itself back on after the update, which is pretty tough on battery. For those with bad battery life after the update I'd suggest checking there, and generally going through all the data-intensive settings in the phone to see what might have changed.

Top Liked Posts