[OTA] MA7 update.zip Download

Search This thread

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
The OTA for MA7 just came out today and it's starting to hit phones left and right. For those who don't want to wait for it we managed to pull the update.zip this morning.* We're posting it here for you to enjoy!

To flash this your phone must be on 100% stock LJC and unrooted. It can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.

WARNING: Some people are reporting issues with trying to flash back to LJC after updating to MA7. If there is any possibility you'd want to go back to LJC after this please don't flash it.

Download:

Instructions:
  • Download the ma7 update to your PC and rename it to "update.zip" (without quotes).
  • Place the update.zip in the root directory of your External SD card.
  • Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Available here: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?d...PH-L900)/Stock ROMs/LJC/Full Restore/Unrooted
  • Reboot to stock recovery. The "Three Finger Salute" works best. Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power until the Samsung Note 2 splash screen displays and then release.
  • Choose install update from external SDcard.
  • The device will automatically reboot after a successful flash.
  • Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph.
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Tw1sted247

Nov 10, 2012
NorthWest
So this is an Official release from Sprint? Where if we go back to stock unrooted it will hit our phones?

What all does this entail? EEEK:D

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rwilco12

rwilco12

So this is an Official release from Sprint? Where if we go back to stock unrooted it will hit our phones?

What all does this entail? EEEK:D

THANK YOU!!!

Yes. This is the official OTA from Sprint. If you were to go back to 100% stock unrooted LJC you would eventually get the notification that the update was ready to be installed. This skips the waiting patiently step and lets you skip right to flashing. ;)

Once you're on LJC stock and unrooted boot to stock recovery and flash it from there.

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
Yes. This is the official OTA from Sprint. If you were to go back to 100% stock unrooted LJC you would eventually get the notification that the update was ready to be installed. This skips the waiting patiently step and lets you skip right to flashing. ;)

Once you're on LJC stock and unrooted boot to stock recovery and flash it from there.

Do you have a link to a 100 % stock ljc unrooted thx......bud

edit: k im going to sound like a no0b but i havent flash anything on this phone using stock recovery can someone plz....give me a quick run down thx.

Last edited:

jfin79

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
Apple iPhone 12
The OTA for MA7 just came out today and it's starting to hit phones left and right.* For those who don't want to wait for it we managed to pull the update.zip this morning.* We're posting it here for you to enjoy!

To flash this your phone must be on 100% stock LJC and unrooted.* It can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.

Download: MA7 update.zip

Enjoy!

The link is down or down again

The webpage at*might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.Suggestions:Make sure you have a data connectionReload this webpage laterCheck the address you entered

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

rwilco12

The link is down or down again

The webpage at*might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.Suggestions:Make sure you have a data connectionReload this webpage laterCheck the address you entered

I just checked and its all working. Try again? Sorry!

Reactions: Jceezy and kingdazy

jfin79

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
Apple iPhone 12
Idk still having issues to that link but here is another link I found for rwilco12 crefit goes to him

Link removed

---------- Post added 14th February 2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 13th February 2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

If my link or rwilco12 link works and you update please hit the Thanks button

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Luismig2

rwilco12

Idk still having issues to that link but here is another link I found for rwilco12 crefit goes to him

---------- Post added 14th February 2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 13th February 2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

If my link or rwilco12 link works and you update please hit the Thanks button

I just checked on three different browsers on my PC and two on my phone and all seem to be working. Sorry!

In the meantime please update the link in your post so as not to be a direct link to the file. It messes up the data metrics I use.

For anyone else having issues here is the edited/corrected link: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)/OTA Updates

Thanks!

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Any instructions for installing this on stock rooted?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
I used that rom and I still couldn't manually update:( I get an error at the end of process

Last edited:

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
Anyone have the link of the update from Google yet?

Sent from my little Note2

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
Well I finally got the update took a while but I got it lol, wat I had to do is downgrade back to lj1 using odin once that was done everything booted up and it automatically updated to ljc after that was done I went to Samsung software update and I was able two get the ma7 update :D so I got back to back updates by downgrading lol. Sounds like alot but its really easy.

Last edited:

2k10MBC300SPT

Jun 8, 2010
Medford, MA
Is it worth the process?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Security updates??? Doesn't sound like much..according Jbeach..

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Any instructions for installing this on stock rooted?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

You need to be 100% stock. Meaning no root and also install via stock recovery.

Reactions: rwilco12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The OTA for MA7 just came out today and it's starting to hit phones left and right. For those who don't want to wait for it we managed to pull the update.zip this morning.* We're posting it here for you to enjoy!

To flash this your phone must be on 100% stock LJC and unrooted. It can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.

WARNING: Some people are reporting issues with trying to flash back to LJC after updating to MA7. If there is any possibility you'd want to go back to LJC after this please don't flash it.

Download:

Instructions:
    • Download the ma7 update to your PC and rename it to "update.zip" (without quotes).
    • Place the update.zip in the root directory of your External SD card.
    • Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Available here: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?d...PH-L900)/Stock ROMs/LJC/Full Restore/Unrooted
    • Reboot to stock recovery. The "Three Finger Salute" works best. Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power until the Samsung Note 2 splash screen displays and then release.
    • Choose install update from external SDcard.
    • The device will automatically reboot after a successful flash.
    • Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph.
    Enjoy!
    I'll stick with MA5 for now too. I have no complaints at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

MA5 was just a leak and not official. MA7 is official. While I understand that's not all that important but there's a reason MA5 wasn't official.
    Just an FYI if all you want is root you can still use CF-Auto-Root while on MA7 to regain root access. I just did it without any issues.
    If your still stock ljc then just flash the ma7 update in Stock recovery.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Nothing changed in how you install twrp. Why are people acting like this update in turns the phone into a fckn transformer or something? Its the same phone after you update. nothing changes

Well you gotta understand when people update there phone they wanna make sure they use the right root method, things sometimes change when there's updates so cut him some slack thats what the forums are for to help out each other not to bash them for asking a simple question.

Who is going to win the odexed and deodexed rooted zip race?
    :D

I hear rumors that one or two people already have some in the works... ;)