Saving your theme

Search This thread

Thebear j koss

To create a theme to be used over and over from rom to rom and different updates is tricky. Anytime something is changed it means the theme will have to be changed also. You can create a flash able zip of your theme. But themes don't usually carry over to different roms and updates.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

M

mentose457

Merge the zips into one file.

If you open the zips you will see a similar structure: /META-INF and /system and possibly /framework. I think on windows if you have 7zip you can open all the archive files (zips) and drag and drop the contents of the zips into just one of them. At least thats how it is in linux.

Also if each zip contains a similar file like SystemUI.apk you will have to manually merge them. Also what Thebear j koss said.

alexyaz

Jan 9, 2011
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Merge the zips into one file.

If you open the zips you will see a similar structure: /META-INF and /system and possibly /framework. I think on windows if you have 7zip you can open all the archive files (zips) and drag and drop the contents of the zips into just one of them. At least thats how it is in linux.

Also if each zip contains a similar file like SystemUI.apk you will have to manually merge them. Also what Thebear j koss said.

I have tried doing that and i was able to merge two themes together but i am having issue finding the transparent stuff from and the ics blue text for kindacrapmods. what i have been doing is flash kindacrap with transparency and the blue text for notifications then i merged the applications from alexander's theme to motomoto's theme and flashed that zip over. i am trying to find a way to do all of this in one step so it would same me like 20 extra minutes after flashing a new rom update.

alexyaz

Jan 9, 2011
To create a theme to be used over and over from rom to rom and different updates is tricky. Anytime something is changed it means the theme will have to be changed also. You can create a flash able zip of your theme. But themes don't usually carry over to different roms and updates.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

the Theme mostly changes jpg files of system apps and different things in framework. i dont think it would change so much unless going from TW to AOSP

alexyaz

Jan 9, 2011
Just to show you guys what the finished them looks like here is a couple of screenies. Again this is not my theme I just compiled moto Alexander and kinda crap

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360743259650.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360743259650.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 92
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360743271331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360743271331.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 94
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360743290534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360743290534.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 93

Thebear j koss

This is only going to work for whatever rom you are currently using. If you switch roms or update this one you would have to re flash the theme and mods you applied. You can't just pull the theme out and apply it to anything.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Here's a thread on empty flushable templates. Hope it helps.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136746
Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

Thebear j koss

Just to show you guys what the finished them looks like here is a couple of screenies. Again this is not my theme I just compiled moto Alexander and kinda crap

all system ui's are different from rom to rom and from different updates. that's why you see so many changelogs in roms and themes and mods. framework is different thru each as well. there is no easy solution except to try swapping out system ui and framework res from the update to what you use now. there is no telling if it will work. that's why devs go thru so much testing before releasing a finished product.

Reactions: steve97ta

alexyaz

Jan 9, 2011
I have been on Galaxy mod since rls 11 and been flashing the same 3 files. I am just looking for a way to skip flashing all of this after flashing a rom. If it can't be done then it cant be done just looking to save some time after flashing a rom lol

Thebear j koss

I have been on Galaxy mod since rls 11 and been flashing the same 3 files. I am just looking for a way to skip flashing all of this after flashing a rom. If it can't be done then it cant be done just looking to save some time after flashing a rom lol

check the link i posted on empty flashable templates, you may find your answer in there. i know of no easy way to combine different themes and mods you've flashed to carry over into 1 easy step. you may find a way to flash the systemui and framework res only which holds all those features in that thread. i have no idea if it will work or not though... usually changes like that have to be done in individual steps.

Reactions: philweser

alexyaz

Jan 9, 2011
check the link i posted on empty flashable templates, you may find your answer in there. i know of no easy way to combine different themes and mods you've flashed to carry over into 1 easy step. you may find a way to flash the systemui and framework res only which holds all those features in that thread. i have no idea if it will work or not though... usually changes like that have to be done in individual steps.

Thanks for all of your help j kross originally i thought this was just going to be a dead thread but it turned out to be very insightful.

Reactions: Thebear j koss
M

mentose457

Another option would be zipthemer or metamorph. You can then apply your theme to about any rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

all system ui's are different from rom to rom and from different updates. that's why you see so many changelogs in roms and themes and mods. framework is different thru each as well. there is no easy solution except to try swapping out system ui and framework res from the update to what you use now. there is no telling if it will work. that's why devs go thru so much testing before releasing a finished product.

Thanks for all of your help j kross originally i thought this was just going to be a dead thread but it turned out to be very insightful.
    Here, do some reading up on zip themer and metamorph. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=888171. I would get a little know how on decompiling and recompiling system ui's. And get to know 7zip on your Mac. I believe zip themer and metamorph have programs available in the play store. Good luck.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY