Samsung ATIV |Smart PC Pro - opening the case

Search This thread

tonyblack

Has anyone managed to work out how to open the case on an ATIV. I would really like to upgrade the SSD from 64Gb to something that's actually usable for this machine. Any hints gratefully received. And yes I realise my warranty will be voided.
:good:

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
I haven't seen it done but as an interim solution: large SD card? external hard disk?

And doesnt the smart PC pro have 256gb not 64. Its the ativ tab that had 64gb I thought.

Last edited:

mastamind

Mar 17, 2008
Samsung XE700T1C-A01US

I haven't seen it done but as an interim solution: large SD card? external hard disk?

And doesnt the smart PC pro have 256gb not 64. Its the ativ tab that had 64gb I thought.

Mine has a 128gb with the pro.XE700T1C-A01US. just updated the OS to Win8 Pro via my technet key. I was surprised that it had standard win8 installed. also installed the Media center aid on.

Loving this Unit so Much.... Ebay has my Asus infinity now.. ... I could go on and on about it.. but I won't. To answer your question I did see a link from someone that opened it up. I will try and locate it. I was wondering the same thing and would like to put a 256 micro ssd.. think that is what you will need. Don't forget to remove all the bloatware from Samsung.. runs very fast now.

Cheers

tonyblack

It's the ATIV Smart PC Pro (which is a tablet) and it came with a 64Gb SSD. Long term, SD card or external HD are not the answer as I need a bigger system drive. I've found the link on opening the unit now:
http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/54457-ativ-700t-question-anyone-open-unit-yet.html
I've ordered a new 256Gb mSATA SSD from Crucial and will be upgrading shortly. Happy days as from my perspective this was the only short coming of this device.

ukc101

Nov 20, 2008
It's the ATIV Smart PC Pro (which is a tablet) and it came with a 64Gb SSD. Long term, SD card or external HD are not the answer as I need a bigger system drive. I've found the link on opening the unit now:
http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/54457-ativ-700t-question-anyone-open-unit-yet.html
I've ordered a new 256Gb mSATA SSD from Crucial and will be upgrading shortly. Happy days as from my perspective this was the only short coming of this device.

How have you gotten on with the upgrade?