Seidio Case

Search This thread

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
Still nobody has the Active case that can say whether it works with wireless chargers? One person said it did but no pics and it would be nice for others to corroborate and for which chargers it works or doesn't work. And whether the kickstand gets hot. I'm ordering a Surface case and I was thinking about getting an Active case for my wife because she likes the kickstand.

HaNNibalHector

Feb 9, 2012
Bronx
I ordered and received the active case combo w/ the holster. I am experiencing a strange issue with it. within 10 mins of putting the case on my phone, it heats up pretty bad! happened on multiple occasions. it was about 88º prior to putting it in the case. after 10 mins it shot up to 110º. anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if red holes on the side are perhaps used for ventilation or something... i could be way off. I hate NOT having a case on my DNA. any thoughts?

bdeitemeyer

Feb 12, 2012
Tampa, FL
Ordered 2 Seidio Surface cases (1 red, 1 purple) for my gf and I, can't wait to try them out. Would have ordered a white one for myself, but it's still not available so I settled for red.

ShelW

Mar 25, 2009
I ordered and received the active case combo w/ the holster. I am experiencing a strange issue with it. within 10 mins of putting the case on my phone, it heats up pretty bad! happened on multiple occasions. it was about 88º prior to putting it in the case. after 10 mins it shot up to 110º. anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if red holes on the side are perhaps used for ventilation or something... i could be way off. I hate NOT having a case on my DNA. any thoughts?

According to reviews I've read, the red strips are only cosmetic... they serve no purpose other then appearance.

Is your DNA still heating up? Have you tried inductive charging with this case on?

If you can post photos, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

PhantomApollyon

Jul 11, 2007

I can say from experience that I have 2 DNA's in the house, both with the active case on them and neither of them have any heat issues and they stay in the cases 24/7. They don't even heat up much while on the wireless charger.

bdeitemeyer

Feb 12, 2012
Tampa, FL
My gf and I received our Seidio Surface cases today (garnet and purple), and I'm pretty impressed with the quality so far. Look, feel, and wireless charging compatibility are all great.

Snowdog2324

Jan 30, 2012
San Jose, CA

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 214
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 216

com2soft

Feb 5, 2013
Take a look...the active case is not that bulky and fits very well

good :good:

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Still nobody has the Active case that can say whether it works with wireless chargers? One person said it did but no pics and it would be nice for others to corroborate and for which chargers it works or doesn't work. And whether the kickstand gets hot. I'm ordering a Surface case and I was thinking about getting an Active case for my wife because she likes the kickstand.

good :good:

PhantomApollyon

Jul 11, 2007

wireless charging works fine with the active, been using mine for several weeks on it with no issues

Reactions: regulator207

LiquidHonesty

I've been using the Surface case for a week now and LOVE IT! It's by far my favorite case. I have, in total, 8 cases for my DNA currently (I'm a case whore). This includes the Incipio Feather and Faxion, the Otterbox, etc. I'm digging the surface the most. Seidio has really improved their cases over the last year, much more polished than they were originally. So much in fact I'm buying another Surface to keep in case this one ever gets cracked/broken. :)

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
Love the surface case but it is a bit slippery. If I didn't need a clip I might stick with the diztronic.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone who has the Seidio Active case mind throwing up some pictures? I'd really love to see how it looks on the phone!

Take a look...the active case is not that bulky and fits very well
    Here my review on Seido Surface Combo. I really think Seido has done a great job at find the right balance with this case. It adds some protection for screen and camera by keeping them from connecting directly to flat surface. All of the edges are also covered. The thickness of case I think is just right. I was worried about added bulk as I have not liked any other case I have tried so far except the verizon shell which really adds nothing. Seido kept the back with same curve as phone. I am starting to actually like feel of device in case better than naked phone as phone does not feel quite as fragile or potentially as easy to drop. It is a bit easier to type in landscape mode as you have more to hold onto. Volume rocker and power button are easy to locate by feel now, and I have yet to accidently hit the volume rocker with the clever way this was designed. Closing usb port is not quite as easy with phone in case, but not overly hard either. The notification light on back has its own cutout also. Seido also did a great job at solvong the issue where speaker volume gets muted on some surfaces. I put the phone with this case on all the places where I cannot hear naked phone ring and the ringtone came out loud and clear. Have not yet tried case with a screen protector, but will try to get one so I can let people know how it works with them. Holster is great. Yes, it is a bit big to carry at waistband, but that is just because phone is the size it is. This holster manages to allow easy access while keeping phone secure (wore all day yesterday and no issues). The release hinge is a bit bigger than on prior Seido holsters, but it seems like it needs to be that way to add necessary stability. Has same swivel mechanism as other holsters also. Easy to put on and take off once you know how Seido cases are. Noticed no damage on phone from case, though could tell where soft lining touched phone (made a line that like fingerprints can be wiped away). Easy reach all eadges of screen; case does not hinder anything (with otterbox defender had trouble touching outer edges of screen). All in all, love this case and holster combo and it is definitely what will stay on my DNA from now on! If you have specific questions, let me know. Will try to get some pictures if I can find my actual camera.
    Just to clarify for everyone, I have the surface case and a nokia 900 charge plate and have been using both together for a week now nightly with no issues. Phone charges just fine. I also have an LG charge pad and just confirmed wireless charge works through case with that one also. Do not know why they say it will not work. Cannot comment on active case. Also, have not noticed any heat issues with case on while charging, at least with the nokia plate.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Curiosity got to me so I called Seido and asked about the disclaimer that the DNA cases are not compatible with wireless charging. The tech support person said it is because they do not have access to all the wireless chargers to test the compatibilty and therefore cannot honestly claim that their cases work with such accessories. Seems odd to not just state that on the website rather than saying not compatible, but I guess it could be true.

Anyway, I will update thread if I notice any problems down the line as my surface case is staying on and I will be wirelessly charging nightly.
    Pictures of Seido Surface case and Holster are attached. They include front view, back view, side view, top view, bottom view, 3 views in holster and 2 views with only half of case on to give better idea of size of case.

I tried one of the verizon screen protectors. They do not go edge to edge so work fine with the case. Put one of the protectors such that it went to very bottom edge of phone (on phone in pictures). The case does lift it a bit if phone is held just right, but I could use the plastic thing to push bubbles away to lift edge of case just enough to push screen protector under the edge. I imagine it will be a bit of a challenge for true edge to edge protectors with this case, but might work after some tweaking. Seido is working on their own screen protectors for this phone so maybe they will look into the issue.

wireless charging works fine with the active, been using mine for several weeks on it with no issues