Htc flash to boost mobile guide [noob]

Search This thread

tigron

Mar 18, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A12
I could really use some help getting my evo to boost. I've pieced together all the necessary steps as far as I know and I can't get activated. I get an error 1016 and account can not be authenticated.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using xda app-developers app

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
I could really use some help getting my evo to boost. I've pieced together all the necessary steps as far as I know and I can't get activated. I get an error 1016 and account can not be authenticated.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using xda app-developers app

Are you sure it isn't error 16? That is what it sounds like. Does it say that at the end of a message when you try to make a call? If so you need to log into your boost acct online and swap out handsets then swap back and that will clear the error 16. If you do not have an extra boost phone PM me and I will help you do it.

Hope this helps and good luck!

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
can call boost and have them reset your phone. I had a boost account on a evo and called them up and just had them reset me and bam.
just saying.

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
Bam, and then sprint knows what you are doing when they have to fix your error 16. They can't/aren't doing anything about it yet, but I am glad that I know I'm not on that list so no possible future repercussions. Just saying........

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
Bam, and then sprint knows what you are doing when they have to fix your error 16. They can't/aren't doing anything about it yet, but I am glad that I know I'm not on that list so no possible future repercussions. Just saying........

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
lol, nice thanks for marking me.
a simple I rather not do that but thanks for the reply.

to reply to your response let me change my first reply to this so you better understand what i was telling you to try,
I would call boost and tell them your having a problem with your phone after trying to do a sofware update your phone
seems to be acting up and is not functioning right, then they will walk you through the procedures to do this and that.
tons of people I told to do this walked away first shot fully functional phone. you might even get a new msl from them aswell

anyways its your choice do what you will with my advice.
ty

dsr20000

Feb 18, 2013
Mobile Network unavailable

OK so I have been searching for the last 4 days and have come up with nothing. I decided to Root my boost htc evo design 4g so i got the guide from android forums and i unlocked it just fine got root fine used heaven rom and now i have no mobile service so i went back to stock rom and tried all over and same result in stock rom no service so i decided use another heaven rom that i was assured was for boost and still no mobile service i tired factory reset and when it tries to do the hand free connect i get call sprint or *2 so i called boost and they cant pull my phone up they say its unavailable so im thinking my phone is trying to access sprint network via sprint instead of boost on a sprint network. any ideas how to fix .. my phone number comes back as 000 000 0079

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
Did you have mobile service after root, before u flashed Rom.

My guess is you lost your AA and HA
Keys, this could happen if wiped system before u flashed a Rom. If you made a backup of your system I might be able to get it back
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

dsr20000

Feb 18, 2013
Did you have mobile service after root, before u flashed Rom.

My guess is you lost your AA and HA
Keys, this could happen if wiped system before u flashed a Rom. If you made a backup of your system I might be able to get it back

I didnt know how to back my phone files and i had paid for titanium pro and it needed root so i decided to root it rookie mistake i am kicking myself for number one rule in my field is make a back up I am a computer tech so i fudged up there and no had service before root and lost it after

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
yeah well thats a problem.I know those keys are for data 3g, but im pretty sure if you know your msl keys and you go into ##your_msl_number_here# edit mode
and enter your msid, and phone number that might get you back up and running as far as phone service. and im pretty sure ##data# you can edit other stuff in there you may have wiped out.

dsr20000

Feb 18, 2013
yeah well thats a problem.I know those keys are for data 3g, but im pretty sure if you know your msl keys and you go into ##your_msl_number_here# edit mode
and enter your msid, and phone number that might get you back up and running as far as phone service. and im pretty sure ##data# you can edit other stuff in there you may have wiped out.

okay im going to try that now but i just want to say thanks for your help the other forum if they said they knew how to fix and would get back to me and never did at least here if you know you will say if not just say you dont know so i thank you for your help and imma try that now is this info unique to your phone or can i get some info from another phone

Reactions: vinman12

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
Pretty much should work on your phone, it just seems your info was wiped out, boost would have u do this aswell if you were to swap devices. I think once you get your info programed back in it should work.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Your welcome, its what I do, help people, how's that working for you

Reactions: dsr20000

dsr20000

Feb 18, 2013
Did u get it squared away

no still have no service i was able to change the number but i was able to get my msid from boost and still same issue

update and its what we call in the computer tech field a id10t error but in my defense who would of thought a battery cover made a difference well it does when your phone wont activate unless it has the back cover on it due to the 2 metal prongs on the cover the connect to the antenna to complete activation so after putting that on and changing my msid and number in the phone all is now working perfectly my lovely rooted heavenly rom htc is finally free

Last edited:

tigron

Mar 18, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A12
Are you sure it isn't error 16? That is what it sounds like. Does it say that at the end of a message when you try to make a call? If so you need to log into your boost acct online and swap out handsets then swap back and that will clear the error 16. If you do not have an extra boost phone PM me and I will help you do it.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I'm pretty sure It's a 1016 that comes up when trying to text or update profile and prl. The voice when placing a call says can't be authenticated and doesn't send me to a boost rep. Is there a certain Rom that works best to get things going ? I'm running midnight 1.5.3 right now.

Last edited:

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
no still have no service i was able to change the number but i was able to get my msid from boost and still same issue

update and its what we call in the computer tech field a id10t error but in my defense who would of thought a battery cover made a difference well it does when your phone wont activate unless it has the back cover on it due to the 2 metal prongs on the cover the connect to the antenna to complete activation so after putting that on and changing my msid and number in the phone all is now working perfectly my lovely rooted heavenly rom htc is finally free
lol ah well glad it worked out for you, thats why I stick to my own roms, I know there boost friendly to.
enjoy

Reactions: dsr20000

dsr20000

Feb 18, 2013
mustsxpo log

lol ah well glad it worked out for you, thats why I stick to my own roms, I know there boost friendly to.
enjoy
You were a big help I will donate to the cause on pay day and i would love to learn more about rooting and the capabilities i have so ill be trolling the forums and asking questions but i owe you my phone is my life since i do business over it

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
You were a big help I will donate to the cause on pay day and i would love to learn more about rooting and the capabilities i have so ill be trolling the forums and asking questions but i owe you my phone is my life since i do business over it
just glad I could help.

don't forget to do a backup lol.
never know when ya just might need it.

and feel free to hit my pm if ya ever get stuck,
I will do what I can to help.

New Optimus

I'm pretty sure It's a 1016 that comes up when trying to text or update profile and prl. The voice when placing a call says can't be authenticated and doesn't send me to a boost rep. Is there a certain Rom that works best to get things going ? I'm running midnight 1.5.3 right now.

Stock rom with dialer codes, works the easiest. but any rom that includes the dialer codes should work.

check your meid make sure its exactly what the donor's is. if possible go to boost website and update handset, change to a different esn, even a none working phone. just as long as the esn is valid. 5 mins is usually good enough, put your donors esn back in. This will allow the system to refresh/reset.
At that point try the ##768#, reset then cancel the activation and put in the correct profile 0 info and reboot let it activate.

Reactions: Klown80

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
Stock rom with dialer codes, works the easiest. but any rom that includes the dialer codes should work.

check your meid make sure its exactly what the donor's is. if possible go to boost website and update handset, change to a different esn, even a none working phone. just as long as the esn is valid. 5 mins is usually good enough, put your donors esn back in. This will allow the system to refresh/reset.
At that point try the ##768#, reset then cancel the activation and put in the correct profile 0 info and reboot let it activate.
yeah you need to have correct epst.apk for the dialer codes to work thats correct.
if you have that option then type ##put.your.msl.here#
hit edit mode make sure everything in there looks right,if not make your changes.
hit menu commit changes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick guide, if you follow step by step is easy. Please do not brick your phone because of your curiosity , DO NOT write any NV Items then the ones that are in the guide, DO NOT alter any other numbers in MEMORY VIEWER. and DO NOT I repeat DO NOT eh nothing :).

Enjoy, i got this off ebay about a month ago.

**Dont download the files, google the following.

CDMA Workshop 2.7
    QXDM 3.11
    QPST

Should be self explanatory. And to skip the first 2 steps, just call Boost Mobile and tell them "My phone does not have service, I think I need to reprogram it"

And they will provide you the MSL when they tell you to dial ##123456# (123456= your msl)

OP Edit:I have uploaded a new Guide, which does not include the "illegal" method of swapping/changing your esn. It does however include ESN/MEID Locations, and how to obtain the ESN/MEID Locations.

Update 09/06/12 Here are a list of donor phones that will give you 3G

-Sanyo Incognito
    -Samsung Rant
    -Samsung Prevail
    -Samsung Replenish
    -LG Rumor Reflex
    -HTC Evo 4G Design (4G as well)

NO OTHER DONOR PHONE TO THIS DATE 09/06/12 IS A SUITABLE DONOR FOR 3G
    I will be updating this list

**For the commands in QXDM or how to change the ESN, google it.

UPDATE:
    Galaxy prevail donor for htc evo

This is not a guide just help towards getting the things you need ex:nv items, spc, your 16# password "wich is samsungs default... all this information was reasearched from xda and android forums took alittle to information that wasnt there talk to people more experienced and tested to see what info worked what didnt... hopefully this info helps someone able to evo to boost with galaxy prevail as donor.... then maybe they can make a more clear full out guide for people to use... there arnt much guides out there that works 100% or that you dont have to pay for and is password protected lol.... maybe the new version of cdma workshop can read the prevail to write all the necessary codes and numbers to program the phone....

first you want to root your prevail... google works great for this aslo check http://androidforums.com
    next step you want to download a android terminal... free on android market!
    now go to android terminal and type

su
    getprop ril.MSL

your 6# spc then should pop up

now to get nv items go back to your android terminal

su
    dd if=/dev/stl5 of=/sdcard/cdma.rfs

then plug ur phone to computer with usb, turn storage space and copy the cdma.rds file off sd to desktop and use the magic iso
    to extract to destop open the cdma.rf file you extracted and go to NVM folder then open the NUM folder and copy the
    465, 465_1, 466, 466_1, 1192, 1194 files there the ones that you need...

ha and aaa pass are stored in the nv items, you need to use a hex editor to veiw the nv item you want

NV 1192 - SPRINT AAA KEY UNIQUE TO EACH PHONE this is the important one
    SPRINT and BOOST HA KEY is always 73 65 63 72 65 74 (hex to ascii = secret)
    I am not sure which NV item has the Boost AAA Keys, but doing a profile update gets it loaded on the phone

the 16 digit password for the prevail is samsungs default pass...
    01f2030f5f678ff9

aslo found once evo is flashed to boost if ur having mms problems... heres the fix
    Dial ##3282#, edit and enter your EVO's spc then scroll
    down and on change the MMSC URL to “mm.myboostmobile.com” .

and again thanks to all the people that took there time to explain this information...

if anyone comes up with updates to this please share!!!! also you can PM me.....
    I AM SO SORRY TO EVERYONE BUT SOME NOOB AND HATER HAS REPORTED THIS THREAD AND INTERVIEW HAS BEEN REMOVED!! APPARENTLY THEY DO NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ILLEGALLY CHANGING THE ESN AND MODIFYING IT TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS!! AND I THINK THE FIRST PERSON THAT COMMENTED ON IT ABOUT IT BEING ILLEGAL WAS THE ONE THAT REPORTED IT. I AM SO SORRY BUT I CANNOT POST IT AGAIN BECAUSE I WAS GIVEN A WARNING AND I RATHER NOT STOPGIVING AWAY TO THE XDA COMMUNITY BECAUSE OF THIS. I WILL MAKE A FACEBOOK PAGE WITH A LINK TO THE FILE SO YOU GUYS CAN DOWNLOAD IT THIS WEEKEND AND POST IT HERE!

JUST GIVE ME TIME PLEASE :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    I'm glad someone finally posted a good guide on this.

I thought I'd share some additional info. Here's a script for QMAT/Revskills that auto-zeros your ESN/MEID. Yeah.. 1 click and you're good to go into QXDM to write.

Requires a specific radio. 2.05.00.06.10

I can do my Evo in like 3 minutes.

Edit: Should probably explain a little. Google revskills. Download the trial and install it. Once your Evo is connected in Diag mode you load up Revskills and go to Hardware Forensics>Port Utils>QC+AT-Cmd. Make sure your phone shows in the dropdown, then go to the diag tab and choose Run Script.
    1x DONOR PHONE GUIDE

For 1x Donor Phones

YOU WILL NEED YOUR MSL/SPC, GET IT SOMEWAY SOMEHOW
    YOU WILL ALSO NEED YOUR DONOR PHONES DRIVER... GOOGLE IT AND FIND IT I CANNOT GURANTEE I HAVE IT

1. Follow Round 9 from the guide to Zero out the MEID and ESN from your EVO. Once zero'ed out in QXDM verify that it is zeroed out by restarting your phone and dialiging ##786# and choosing Advance -> View to make sure your MEID and ESN is all 00000000.

2. Next, go back to QXDM and type in without the quotes "requestnvitemwrite meid 0x00(Your donor phone's MEID) and that should write your MEID and ESN. If an error comes up that means you have not completely zeroed out the ESN and/or MEID.

3. Plug in your donor phone and in CDMA Workshop, and click the NAM Tab. Click “Read” this will display all your phones information inside of “NAM 1” Save the filename as NAM 1 and do the same for NAM 2.

4. Close CDMA Workshop and open up Service Programming. Click your donor phone, then once it is opened click read on the bottom left, enter your MSL, and let it read your phone.

Make a new folder in your desktop called 'PRL' then go back to Service Programming and on the bottom right click "Save As" and save it in the newly created folder. Also navigate to the MIP tab and write down everything in Profile 0, Profile 1.
    Since its a 1x phone you can only get Profile 1 AAA, so to get this in most phones, dial ##3282## click edit enter your MSL, and navigate through User Profile to find your AAA Password, it will be a 5-6 character code write this down.

Afterwords you will unplug your donor phone, plug in your HTC, in service programming open the HTC, click read enter your MSL, and in Roam under preferred Roaming click browse and navigate towards the "PRL" folder in your desktop and open the file that will be there. Phone might restart.

Next open MIP tab and enter everything from your donor phone in here, next open Profile 1 and in HA Shared write "Secret" in text string, and in AAA Shared write your AAA from the donor.

5. Close service programming, open CDMA Workshop Now go to the “security" tab, Password (16 digits) delete all the FFFFFFFF's and type 01F2030F5F678FF9 then send. You should now see your SPC code magically appearing inside the SPC box, write it down. Navigate to the “NAM” TAB and Write the Nam 1 and Nam 2 Files we saved earlier. If done correctly it should display your donor’s phone number and other information.

Thats it you are done!! :) You should now get 1x only though.